Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: What Do You Think About China?

Post What Do You Think About China?

I live in China, and i want to know how other people think about China, such as Chinese people, Chinese foods, Chinese culture, lifestyle and politics etc. Recently ever kinds of food security problems has been exposed, I'm so scared of eating outside. The issue is not about money but a matter of personality and morality, and Chinese people will die for food poison or starvation, sooner or later.
    This is my opinion about the current news of China. What do you think?

Jokeroo Enthusiast

Default Re: What Do You Think About China?

Don't really know much about China.. perhaps you could educate us?
    TakinMyLyfeBack likes this.

Jokeroo VIP Status TakinMyLyfeBack's Avatar

my thoughts exactly joe.
    Home Sweet Home
    I may stray from time to time, and lose my way....
    I know my ROO FAMILY will always lift my spirits and help me find the strength to carry on.

I don't know many chinese people only a few close friends and one is my daughters Godmother,, As far as the real chinese food goes I like it. I like the chinese people I do know they are very good people they work hard and they take care of their elders and help other families theirs or not. The culture I've seen is of a peaceful one. The history of what I know is somewhat sad. That leads me to the politics for which I loathe. No human rights from what my friends say and what I see on the news. I wish only peace to you & your country. I just wish your goverment would give more respect to their people. If they want respect they must give respect. Communism is bad politics for everyone.. It's like saying everyone is equal ...BUT some are more equal than others.. You can't have it both ways... Then again this is just my opinion for which you asked for

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Diablo50 View Post
    I don't know many chinese people only a few close friends and one is my daughters Godmother,, As far as the real chinese food goes I like it. I like the chinese people I do know they are very good people they work hard and they take care of their elders and help other families theirs or not. The culture I've seen is of a peaceful one. The history of what I know is somewhat sad. That leads me to the politics for which I loathe. No human rights from what my friends say and what I see on the news. I wish only peace to you & your country. I just wish your goverment would give more respect to their people. If they want respect they must give respect. Communism is bad politics for everyone.. It's like saying everyone is equal ...BUT some are more equal than others.. You can't have it both ways... Then again this is just my opinion for which you asked for
    well, you hit the nail right on the head. The goverment(CCP exactly) takes too many while offer nothing, this is why Chinese work hard, they have to and must to work for life

This is the first post that I've seen of yours Talormolly so please let me say; Hello and nice to meet you also welcome to the Roo as we call this.

I did not know there was a food shortage in China until I tried googling it and found out when I just typed in 'Food Shortage in . . . I got in Africa, America, Korea, Japan, and many others around the world.

You said your scared of eating outside is that somewhat due to the Japan nuclear disaster? I can fully understand that.

Maybe that it's do to the great exports and not keeping it for yourselves there are greedy people in ever culture. And that is government and politics for you, just hope that you Talormolly don't try to speak up about it cause would hate to hear that you being shot or run over by a tank.

I was raised in the Midwest of America and haven't seen that many Chinese peoples and the only ones that I see here in Southern California are in restaurant and love the food even thou I know it isn't real Chinese cuisine.

I do know of the cultures architectural designs for I am a retired architect and love the buildings and houses artful and colorful designs.

Besides heck, I am still trying to figure out how my government works and why these aresholes make so much in wages and what they do.

Et perdidit omnes diligeret, non sciat quid amor maximus, quem volumus loqui..

China is too expensive, breakable, hard to wash. Corelle or other Melmac is lighter in weight, cheaper, and easier to take care of.

Paper plates are even cheaper.
    Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.
    Albert Einstein
    t Einstein

Very large county that has a vast difference in status from exceptionally rural to hyper developed. The people ate much the same as anywhere but the government is repressive and scared of it's ow population. There needs to be pilicitcal freedom brought in or the lid will eventually blow off. As the middle class rises so we will see this more and more.

I love chinese food...Usually take my son to Hong Kong chinese buffet on thursdays.........not sure if we are gonna go this week depending on how he is feeling, I am all for continuing life, but he does not want to get somewhere eating and have an episode and be embarrassed, I told him, I can handle it...we will be fine, but he is skeptical..so at least for a few weeks guess we will have to do something I can take to him......

The Austrlaian Capital Territory, Canberra, Flynn 2615

If I frequented the social pages of this board I'd probably understand the reference you made about your son.

Quote Originally Posted by stevent222 View Post
    This is the first post that I've seen of yours Talormolly so please let me say; Hello and nice to meet you also welcome to the Roo as we call this.

I did not know there was a food shortage in China until I tried googling it and found out when I just typed in 'Food Shortage in . . . I got in Africa, America, Korea, Japan, and many others around the world.

You said your scared of eating outside is that somewhat due to the Japan nuclear disaster? I can fully understand that.

Maybe that it's do to the great exports and not keeping it for yourselves there are greedy people in ever culture. And that is government and politics for you, just hope that you Talormolly don't try to speak up about it cause would hate to hear that you being shot or run over by a tank.

I was raised in the Midwest of America and haven't seen that many Chinese peoples and the only ones that I see here in Southern California are in restaurant and love the food even thou I know it isn't real Chinese cuisine.

I do know of the cultures architectural designs for I am a retired architect and love the buildings and houses artful and colorful designs.

Besides heck, I am still trying to figure out how my government works and why these aresholes make so much in wages and what they do.
    Thank you and glad to meet you all here.

The food security problem I said was not a food shortage, it was about food safety which was not caused by the Japan nuclear disaster but the food makers and sellers. It seems that they just care how to ear money withou humanity and morality.

The news was quoted from China Real Time, " While China is no stranger to food scandals, a spate of food contamination cases brought to light over the past month has been shocking even to the most jaded of observers here. Over the past few days, health authorities in the southern province of Guangdong shut down 17 noodle makers after they were discovered mixing ink and wax to their dough. Meanwhile, over the weekend, nearly 300 people in the city of Changsha were reportedly sickened after eating meat contaminated with the banned ďskinny meatĒ additive clenbuterol, the subject of a meat industry crackdown in March."

Now more and more such food scandals have been reported, everyday we can get some differenct news about this issue. Sanlu, the company behind the miilk scandal, hit the wholesale society firstly. Problems related to food are NOT reported without fail. They are only reported when it becomes problematic to cover them up. Thereís a difference between food poisoning, which occurs so often it wonít make even the local news, and poisoned food, which while rare wonít be covered at all if doing so would threaten social harmony. Itís only when news of an event cannot be controlled that the government will stop trying to outright censor coverage, and even then news outlets are told to limit coverage of the matter after a few days

Quote Originally Posted by TakinMyLyfeBack View Post
    I love Chinese food...Usually take my son to Hong Kong Chinese buffet on thursdays.........not sure if we are gonna go this week depending on how he is feeling, I am all for continuing life, but he does not want to get somewhere eating and have an episode and be embarrassed, I told him, I can handle it...we will be fine, but he is skeptical..so at least for a few weeks guess we will have to do something I can take to him......
    I think it's wonderful not to have an America bashing thread for once!!

I won't eat Chinese as they have been shutting Chinese restaurants down around the Fox Valley for serving cat meat. Ewww! They may serve it in China, but it's a no-no here!

Quote Originally Posted by sybarite View Post

I won't eat Chinese as they have been shutting Chinese restaurants down around the Fox Valley for serving cat meat. Ewww! They may serve it in China, but it's a no-no here!
    This strikes me as the common scare story serving cat meat dog meat or even seagull! When you investigate it is so very rarely true. Frankly it's cheaper to buy commercially than it is to catch clean and butcher animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
    This strikes me as the common scare story serving cat meat dog meat or even seagull! When you investigate it is so very rarely true. Frankly it's cheaper to buy commercially than it is to catch clean and butcher animals.
    EWWW! When I google searched cat meat the first site showed them boiling cats alive for stew in Guangzhou, and the next site was about serving cat fritters in Peru for the Peruvian Cat Festival. No more cat meat searches for me.

lmao ...

The Austrlaian Capital Territory, Canberra, Flynn 2615

Quote Originally Posted by sybarite View Post

I'm not a cannibal so I donít eat people of any nationality.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    If I frequented the social pages of this board I'd probably understand the reference you made about your son.
    He's been in and out of hospitals by ambulance and careflight since last monday and noone knows whats causing his seizures......sorry, I know I just post like that in every forum cause most ppl do follow my threads, and the chinese topic reminded me cause I usually take him for chinese on thursdays when I get paid..didnt mean to confuse anyone or change topic.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
    they are always saying mexicans use cat/dog meat also, I lived in that culture for 12 years and never once did we cook/eat either of the two.... I agree I think it is used as a scare tactic.....it never mattered to me as a child, we would go to Panchos mexican restaraunt and hear all the cats screaming in the ally and my dad would tell me they were just preparing my enchiladas................ but I still ate it all up...

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    I'm not a cannibal so I donít eat people of any nationality.

The recent scare story we had here was a Jimmy Chungs restaurant using seagull. Now if you have any idea what city gulls eat you might have an inkling of what they might taste like. Load of bollocks really.

For food security we have here there is the risk of condemned meat making it back into the food chain but this is things like cattle over the age of 28 months or sheep over 14 months. Ie milk cattle or wool sheep being slaughtered and then sold cheap or meat that had been badly stored. There have been a few incidents like this down south in the past few years. There are risks associated but they tend towards a 0.0001 chance of disease transmission as opposed to a 0.00000001% chance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast