Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Obama's Milwaukee Visit

Default Re: Got No Clue Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Crudebug View Post
    The new Tea Party doesn't have the same strength and flavour.. lol..
    Maybe they should switch to a coffee party instead..
    No cream or sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodgrief View Post
    No cream or sugar.
    can't add sugar.. there's too much acidic comments being spewed on both sides of the divide.. lol

can't add sugar.. there's too much acidic comments being spewed on both sides of the divide.. lol
    Sugar never goes bad...Cream turns sour. And for Pete's sake, keep the "cream" inuendos out of it! ROFLMAO!
    muchtrouble10 and Crudebug like this.

The Great Lakes State and The Sunshine State

I know, I'm a rebel, it runs through my Celtic blood. But people of the U.S.A, I cheered when I first read about the Boston Tea Party. I cheered for every victory your great nation won.
    What will it take to re-kindle the independent spirit that created you?

There is a small percentage of americans ( about 10% and growing) who realize what our government is doing to us. It's not like they are hiding it, most people have horse blinders on. Every victory we won? Every war we have fought for freedom is being taken away from us by our own government. When the federal government can raid (with guns drawn)organic and raw milk producers and dump thousands of gallons of milk on the ground, destroy fruits and vegtables and jail the participants, there is something very wrong. And 90% of americans don't even raise an eyebrow! This happened in three different states within the last year. This is the Boston Tea Party in reverse from our own government to it's own people. Sooner than later, I think, the people in this country are going to wake up and have their own Washington DC Tea Party.
    stevent222 and Crudebug like this.

Default Re: Obama's Milwaukee Visit

Quote Originally Posted by stevent222 View Post
    That's true Country, I learned a long time ago that this country and all others are really not run by whom we the people think that is in charge. It's mostly all the different huge cartels

I don't like what Obama is doing with the health care program that he's setting up no although I don't really know what the others are or would do about it either. I just had my s.s.i. check cut last year by twenty dollars, as of the first of this year we had it increased by twenty dollars. Hummm can someone tell me the point of this?

Just wished one of these days we'd have a president and/or all of the government officials tell the truth. Simple as that. Just think about it the news media wouldn't have anything to talk about hence more good stories on the t.v. well excepting all the other crimes.

Next time I get an email with something like this I'll check it out wit scopes and google, ha!

Still undecided to whom I am going to vote for.
    Truth is not something you can expect from any official.. government or corporate.. on any issue.. all you will get is an official line .. period.
    Transparency is something they shy away from, although they want to keep tabs on everyone .. be it `security' for the government or `advertising' for the corporations..
    Information is a one way street from you to the powers that be.. political and financial.. dig too much and u make dangerous enemies.. and you will find out things you wish you had never known..
    stevent222 likes this.

Sugar never goes bad...Cream turns sour. And for Pete's sake, keep the "cream" inuendos out of it! ROFLMAO!
    difficult to do that if u get creamed while getting screwed..
    stevent222 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Country17 View Post
    There is a small percentage of americans ( about 10% and growing) who realize what our government is doing to us. It's not like they are hiding it, most people have horse blinders on. Every victory we won? Every war we have fought for freedom is being taken away from us by our own government. When the federal government can raid (with guns drawn)organic and raw milk producers and dump thousands of gallons of milk on the ground, destroy fruits and vegtables and jail the participants, there is something very wrong. And 90% of americans don't even raise an eyebrow! This happened in three different states within the last year. This is the Boston Tea Party in reverse from our own government to it's own people. Sooner than later, I think, the people in this country are going to wake up and have their own Washington DC Tea Party.
    There is a party going on... only problem is that the common man is not invited.. ))))
    stevent222 and Country17 like this.

This sort of rhetoric annoys me. It's a simplistic solution to a very complex problem. Everyone thinks that others should bear the cost of rolling back the spending but are unwilling to suffer the consequences themselves.
    when I ask "what are you willing to give up?" I'm met with a deafening silence. Generally it's excessive spending by politicians or welfare for immigrants or something that does not affect them.

It is so easy to shout "so,etching met be done!" but so hard to show what.
    stevent222 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
    This sort of rhetoric annoys me. It's a simplistic solution to a very complex problem. Everyone thinks that others should bear the cost of rolling back the spending but are unwilling to suffer the consequences themselves.
    when I ask "what are you willing to give up?" I'm met with a deafening silence. Generally it's excessive spending by politicians or welfare for immigrants or something that does not affect them. It is so easy to shout "so,etching met be done!" but so hard to show what.
    Ask that question, but to the right group in the proper sequence..
    You don't start asking the have-nots to start with the sacrifices..
    You start with those who do have enough to spare and who won't feel as badly squeezed by a pinch..

I am not advocating penalizing success in a tax-the-rich-spare the poor scenario, but the rich should not be pampered either.
    To keep selling the argument that it will disincentivize them from investing and hence job-creation is pur hogwash.
    The rich never invest to create jobs.. they invest to make a profit and multiply what they already have, at the minimum costs, including a minimal labour force.
    If jobs are created it is by default, for given an option to produce without hiring a single person, they would certainly opt for that, and why blame them.

Jobs are not an obligation for the rich to create and neither is a tax break a debt the exchequer owes them for profiting.
    Job creation is not a philanthropic objective of an industrialist, it is the default by-product of his sole aim of making more money.

So yes, not just in a crisis, but as a matter of routine.. everyone should give up and perhaps when the have contribute their proportionate share, maybe there will already e enough in the kitty that the question may not even reach down the line to skim off the crumbs from the plates of the hungry.

Everyone benefits from government spending whether directly in handouts or indirectly through education or roads etc. My question for those who decry spending is what are THEY prepared to sacrifice. Maybe a teacher from their Childs school. Or more potholes on the road. It is very easy to tax other people or remove benefits from them but when it comes down to brass tacks people find it hard to state what they'd give up.

Personally, I'd pay an extra 2% income tax, but then I can afford to do that. I'd be prepared to sacrifice my child allowance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
    Everyone benefits from government spending whether directly in handouts or indirectly through education or roads etc. My question for those who decry spending is what are THEY prepared to sacrifice. Maybe a teacher from their Childs school. Or more potholes on the road. It is very easy to tax other people or remove benefits from them but when it comes down to brass tacks people find it hard to state what they'd give up.

Personally, I'd pay an extra 2% income tax, but then I can afford to do that. I'd be prepared to sacrifice my child allowance as well.
    A government needs a source of revenue to be able to spend and since we do not want it do business except the business of governing, it is incumbent on citizens to finance its budgets, which are designed to be spent on those who pay for it anyway.. so it comes back..
    The problem arises when lack of transparency and corruption make people lose faith in the treasurers in whom they trusted to use their taxes for the purpose it was intended to..
    Yes, there will be those who dodge, evade and avoid paying Caesar, what must be rendered to Caesar.. and treat tax as a punitive levy rather than a necessary funding of the society we live in..
    But tax structures must be designed to be fair and proportionate to income.. which is where resentment comes in when there is rightly or wrongly the perception that the have are favoured by being able to purchase favourable policies using well funded lobbies.

I didn't get an allowance, when my legs got long enough to reach the peddles of the John Deer I was working before that I feed the animals and tended the garden.

And am not in the posstion to sacrifice anything now am having trouble paying elec, gas, phone, internet and food now. Guess I could do without the internet but then what the heel will I be able to bitch here?

I also grew up by telling the truth that was taught to me by my parents. When finding out someone has lied to me I don't have anything to do with that person ANYMORE!

Quote Originally Posted by stevent222 View Post
    I didn't get an allowance, when my legs got long enough to reach the peddles of the John Deer I was working before that I feed the animals and tended the garden.

And am not in the posstion to sacrifice anything now am having trouble paying elec, gas, phone, internet and food now. Guess I could do without the internet but then what the heel will I be able to bitch here?

I also grew up by telling the truth that was taught to me by my parents.
    When finding out someone has lied to me I don't have anything to do with that person ANYMORE!
    Not many friends left then, I guess.. )))))
    stevent222 likes this.

difficult to do that if u get creamed while getting screwed..
    You had to.... Didn't ya! You are incorrigible!

You had to.... Didn't ya! You are incorrigible!
    only coz u reminded me I missed something.. :P
    stevent222 and Country17 like this.

Yeah,right! LOL!
    stevent222 and Crudebug like this.

Only wish I could click on this one Like twice.
    Crudebug likes this.

Most countries have one flag for the nation, not for every state, like the US..
    What next, get one for every town and village and expect the governors and presidents to answer a General Knowledge quiz to qualify for running for President?
    Ok, you may not like your `Got no clue President'.. but when I look at his challengers, it is either `Mr Moneybags Pinkslip Romney' or `Simpleton Santorum'. are you sure you want them to replace him?
    Think twice.. or maybe more... you may probably think.. better the devil you know for the next four years than the devils you don't..
    You might forgive him for not recognizing a flag, in case you find yourself seeing red, when the Republicans wave a red rag in front of your eyes and repeal what little benefits are still left for you to enjoy...
    Romney did not make his money by being charitable.. so don't expect him to be on the same planet as those struggling to make ends meet, pay bills, buy medications.. etc..
    Till you find a candidate with more understanding and empathy than the current race has thrown up, you better hold back on your cusses for the incumbent.
    Because, the way we were constructed, originally all the power to govern resided with the individual States.
    The Fed answered to the States, not the other way around like we have now.
    Goodgrief likes this.

All provinces and territories in Canada have their own flag as well. And yes, it's a battle to keep the Feds out of our resources.
    hortysir likes this.

Yeah,right! LOL!
    glad u agree that I was right.. :P... lmao... (trust me to twist it in my favour.. )

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast