Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Is PETA a sick joke?

Default Is PETA a sick joke?

Just a week after Easter, Playboy bunny Sheridyn Fisher is the latest star to strip for PETA's latest GoVeg campaign.The model and actress is photographed in a lettuce bikini, flirtatiously holding a pair of lettuce bunny ears over her head with the caption: "Be A Bunny's Honey. Go Vegetarian.""Easter is the perfect time to help bunnies - and pigs, chickens, cows and other animals - simply by choosing not to eat them," Fisher says in a blog post on PETA's web site. "Vegetarian meals are healthy, humane and helpful to the environment, so they're something every bunny can enjoy."

If God didn't intend for man to eat animals, they would all have been buzzards and cockroaches.

“Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter-faction, the vegans, are a persistent irritant to any chef worth a damn.

To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living.

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, an affront to all I stand for, the pure enjoyment of food. The body, these waterheads imagine, is a temple that should not be polluted by animal protein. It's healthier, they insist, though every vegetarian waiter I've worked with is brought down by any rumor of a cold.

Oh, I'll accomodate them, I'll rummage around for something to feed them, for a 'vegetarian plate', if called on to do so. Fourteen dollars for a few slices of grilled eggplant and zucchini suits my food cost fine.”
    Anthony Bourdain

T
    Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.
    Albert Einstein
    t Einstein

Default Re: Is PETA a sick joke?

Tsalagi and Country17 like this.

Crap! I thought PETA stood for "People Eating Tasty Animals".

I guess I'll be kicked out of that group!
    brilor, squirt, Tsalagi and 3 others like this.

I'm all for people being presented with options and being aLLOWED TO EAT WHAT THEY LIKE. The vegetarian diet is a decent one and in many way healthier than the standard diet but that is more because it requires the consumer to think efore they eat. Most people are really borimng when it comes to food. Who here has eaten something completely new in the last six months? I mean a food they have NEVER eaten before.
    I think mI can claim to hae done that with Jerusalem artichokes but to be honest, I may have ha them before.

I recently had dragon fruit. Delicious!
    My butcher thinks I have 3 heads when I ask him for giraffe/rhinoceros/hippo meat.
    So far, I've tried alligator, snake, octopus, turtle and every possible type of shellfish or mollusk.
    I was raised on wild meat.
    Yes, I am a carnivore.

I just wish extremists such as PETA would get out of my kitchen. They eat the food my food eats!

The Great Lakes State and The Sunshine State

Where are all the PETA people when the Michigan DNR all of a sudden decided to raid pig farms and shoot a farmer's pigs because they were declared an "invasive" species?

Call to action - Join the demand to investigate Michigan DNR director Rodney Stokes over forced shooting of baby piglets in cold blood

Quote Originally Posted by Country17 View Post
    Where are all the PETA people when the Michigan DNR all of a sudden decided to raid pig farms and shoot a farmer's pigs because they were declared an "invasive" species?

Call to action - Join the demand to investigate Michigan DNR director Rodney Stokes over forced shooting of baby piglets in cold blood
    They're lucky I wasn't the farmer.... I would have shot back.

Where was PETA? Well, that is the same question I ask about Green Peace. Ever, ever, ever heard about GP protesting in Japan against whaling? Nah! It's too easy to protest against a seal hunt in Canada (limited, I might add). They know damn well they won't be thrown in jail for demonstrating their beliefs.... Meanwhile, the seals are eating up more cod than the Spanish fishing fleet can harvest illegally in Canadian waters.
    muchtrouble10 and Country17 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodgrief View Post
    They're lucky I wasn't the farmer.... I would have shot back.

Where was PETA? Well, that is the same question I ask about Green Peace. Ever, ever, ever heard about GP protesting in Japan against whaling? Nah! It's too easy to protest against a seal hunt in Canada (limited, I might add). They know damn well they won't be thrown in jail for demonstrating their beliefs.... Meanwhile, the seals are eating up more cod than the Spanish fishing fleet can harvest illegally in Canadian waters.

Same here! These farmers have been raising these pigs for years and all of a sudden the Michigan DNR decided to deprive them of their livelihood. They had a choice, shoot all their pigs or be handcuffed and go to jail and fined. For years they were lawfull, hardworking americans, the next day they were felons. This is government terrorism.
    Sounds like the Canadian government doesn't patrol their borders any better than the US does.

Same here! These farmers have been raising these pigs for years and all of a sudden the Michigan DNR decided to deprive them of their livelihood. They had a choice, shoot all their pigs or be handcuffed and go to jail and fined. For years they were lawfull, hardworking americans, the next day they were felons. This is government terrorism.
    Sounds like the Canadian government doesn't patrol their borders any better than the US does.
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    I hate to say this, but your Coast Guard fleet is bigger than our Navy. Yet, we have the longest coast to defend. I have to thank the Liberals for that. You see, we, Canadians are too freakin' polite to say "get the **** out of our property".
    I'm getting itchy. Perhaps the time has come when I should run for the Prime Minister's job.
    muchtrouble10 and sybarite like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodgrief View Post
    I hate to say this, but your Coast Guard fleet is bigger than our Navy. Yet, we have the longest coast to defend. I have to thank the Liberals for that. You see, we, Canadians are too freakin' polite to say "get the **** out of our property".
    I'm getting itchy. Perhaps the time has come when I should run for the Prime Minister's job.
    If I put a sign on my property, will they take me to the polls so I can vote for you?

If I put a sign on my property, will they take me to the polls so I can vote for you?
    Hurry up and get a Canadian citizenship! I'll take you to the poll!
    squirt and Country17 like this.

Being a Vegan makes your ears go pointy, look at this guy he's been a Vegan since birth I believe..

brilor, squirt and likeaneagle like this.

So what was the big deal with the "invasive" species? Are they Cuban potbellied pigs, or North Korean porkers? Every pig in the country was brought across the water by Europeans during the invasions of the 1500s.

T
    squirt, Country17 and Goodgrief like this.
    Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.
    Albert Einstein
    t Einstein

Well...I have to admit that I don't have a problem with vegetarians....mind you...I don't think I could eat a whole one ~ maybe over a couple of days................

Quote Originally Posted by Tsalagi View Post
    So what was the big deal with the "invasive" species? Are they Cuban potbellied pigs, or North Korean porkers? Every pig in the country was brought across the water by Europeans during the invasions of the 1500s.

T
    One the same thought, what would happen if New Zealand decided to get rid of all the sheep, pigs, deer and cows?
    Originally, there were no mammals there (except humans). All the four legged types were brought in.

T

Nope, neither one of those. IKR? Nobody knows why they decided why they decided what pigs were "invasive" or not. Their list includes about any pig in existence, so nobody knows where this came from or where it is going but I'm sure they aren't done yet.
    We gotta wonder what is next......pit bulls maybe? Like GG says, cows, sheep, horses, etc.
    I would NOT recommend coming into my house and try shooting my dog!!!

Now here's a good one...
    The town of Canmore, in the Canadian Rockies is infested with feral rabbits. I'm not talking about hares.
    Some irresponsible idiot turned the damn things loose, hundreds of them and guess what? They are breeding like.....

Anyway, in that area, there are cougars, wolves, bears, lynx. They can smell prey 20 miles away. The rabbits also munch on anything they can find. There were several not so safe encounters with the predators versus humans.
    So, the town council wanted to get rid of the rabbits. Not a bad idea since human lives were at stake... The rabbits could have been harvested and the meat could have been used to feed the hungry in shelters.

Wait! There's more to come! PETA and the Sierra Club actually went to court to get an injunction against the Town of Canmore.
    They won. The rabbits are being trapped, spayed and neutered, at the lovely sum of $100 per animal, all this at the expense of the tax payers.

End result? They won't be breeding like rabbits, but the predators will be coming to town for a feast! Trouble is, a cougar doesn't give a crap if it's a rabbit, family dog or a child.

Love a vegan! In moderation.

vegan.jpg
    Goodgrief and likeaneagle like this.
    Albert Einstein
    t Einstein

Love a vegan! In moderation.

vegan.jpg
    How many minutes and at what temperature?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast