Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: He Lives In A Garbage Truck, This Is Amazing!

  1. #21
    Member Inferno50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Illinois
    Posts
    1,002
    Rep Power
    223

    Default

    The so called garbage truck is a real vehicle. They are an SUV that is made for traveling to remote places as a sort of base camp. They are 4 wheel drive and have extra plating to protect it from malcontents. Some of them are bulletproof as well. One similar to this one just sold on Barret-Jackson Auto Auction last week at Westworld in Arizona. They are really neat and make a huge presence when they drive by.

  2. #22
    Member Alaskan John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    412
    Rep Power
    327

    Default

    Xenophyla writes:
    Don't believe everything the media feeds you. Use your common sense to see the reality before you.

    Someone certainly has a sophisticated camper of some sort, but it certainly isn't in the "garbage truck" in the photo.

    Just need to see the REAL outside and don't make up stuff!


    Welcome to the Roo Ms. Xenophyla - you sure came out swinging at your new friends here with a baseball bat full of assumptions in your first post, didn't you?!?! The vehicle posted by MountainLion to start this thread is a "Unicat EX63-HDM / MAN TGA 6x6" which, while having a shape similar to a garbage truck, is actually a high-end custom-built 6x6 expedition truck. It was sold as a previously owned ("used") vehicle last year - the asking price was 841,348 Euro. It must be nice to have that kind of money to put into a “recreational" vehicle – huh?

    As you can see from this photo of the same vehicle, the top raises up when the vehicle isn’t in running configuration. Lo and behold – there are all the windows precisely where they belong. And the one by the bed is now positioned above the cab to allow plenty of daylight in.



    C’mon in and get to know us Xenophyla! Speaking only for myself, I think you’ll find that most of us already have pretty good “crap detectors" when it comes to the popular media. But when something is posted in the “Funny Pictures” section, I choose to be somewhat mindlessly entertained rather than being too analytical or critical. If you haven’t found it yet, there is also a “Debate” section in the Roo where there are usually many spirited debates that require much more of an active thinking cap and you might enjoy that section too - maybe I'll also see you over there sometime!

    There’s something here for everyone, and I hope you enjoy the Roo!



    Anyone who is interested can see and lean more about this amazing rig at the following site:
    UNICAT® - SPECIAL OFFERS

    Thanks Anna Hun!

  3. #23
    Jokeroo VIP Status mountainlion20032003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    North Dakota! Roaming In Mountainlion Country!
    Posts
    77,695
    Rep Power
    4007

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by dodger0524 View Post
    Trick my truck do that ?
    LOL! I bet they might have. I like that show. They do great work! Thanks!

  4. #24
    Jokeroo VIP Status mountainlion20032003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    North Dakota! Roaming In Mountainlion Country!
    Posts
    77,695
    Rep Power
    4007

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno50 View Post
    The so called garbage truck is a real vehicle. They are an SUV that is made for traveling to remote places as a sort of base camp. They are 4 wheel drive and have extra plating to protect it from malcontents. Some of them are bulletproof as well. One similar to this one just sold on Barret-Jackson Auto Auction last week at Westworld in Arizona. They are really neat and make a huge presence when they drive by.
    Thanks Inferno for the info, may help clear up some of the confussion on these kinds of trucks! Appreciate that!

  5. #25
    Jokeroo VIP Status mountainlion20032003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    North Dakota! Roaming In Mountainlion Country!
    Posts
    77,695
    Rep Power
    4007

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan John View Post
    Xenophyla writes:
    Don't believe everything the media feeds you. Use your common sense to see the reality before you.

    Someone certainly has a sophisticated camper of some sort, but it certainly isn't in the "garbage truck" in the photo.

    Just need to see the REAL outside and don't make up stuff!

    Welcome to the Roo Ms. Xenophyla - you sure came out swinging at your new friends here with a baseball bat full of assumptions in your first post, didn't you?!?! The vehicle posted by MountainLion to start this thread is a "Unicat EX63-HDM / MAN TGA 6x6" which, while having a shape similar to a garbage truck, is actually a high-end custom-built 6x6 expedition truck. It was sold as a previously owned ("used") vehicle last year - the asking price was 841,348 Euro. It must be nice to have that kind of money to put into a “recreational" vehicle – huh?

    As you can see from this photo of the same vehicle, the top raises up when the vehicle isn’t in running configuration. Lo and behold – there are all the windows precisely where they belong. And the one by the bed is now positioned above the cab to allow plenty of daylight in.



    C’mon in and get to know us Xenophyla! Speaking only for myself, I think you’ll find that most of us already have pretty good “crap detectors" when it comes to the popular media. But when something is posted in the “Funny Pictures” section, I choose to be somewhat mindlessly entertained rather than being too analytical or critical. If you haven’t found it yet, there is also a “Debate” section in the Roo where there are usually many spirited debates that require much more of an active thinking cap and you might enjoy that section too - maybe I'll also see you over there sometime!

    There’s something here for everyone, and I hope you enjoy the Roo!



    Anyone who is interested can see and lean more about this amazing rig at the following site:
    UNICAT® - SPECIAL OFFERS
    Thank You Alaskan John, I couldn't have said it any better. Very tactful and polite reply. I will check out the site you left the link for! Really appreciate that! Good job my good man.

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Heartland, USA
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default "garbage" truck

    Wow, ALASKA JOHN and MOUNTAIN LION 20032003, you guys are sure nice in here. Please accept my very sincere and humble apology for my rude manner earlier.

    I don't remember how/why I came in here, and never expected to return. Not sure what the purpose or theme of this website is, but I think I will come back now and then just because you were so nice to me!

    AKJno, I don't think I'll visit the debate section. I think I've kind of got the wind knocked out of me now!

    BTW, I grew up in Anchorage ~ sure do miss it!

    Blessings,
    xeno

  7. #27
    Jokeroo Enthusiast Huggies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    25,052
    Rep Power
    5987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenophyla View Post
    Wow, ALASKA JOHN and MOUNTAIN LION 20032003, you guys are sure nice in here. Please accept my very sincere and humble apology for my rude manner earlier.

    I don't remember how/why I came in here, and never expected to return. Not sure what the purpose or theme of this website is, but I think I will come back now and then just because you were so nice to me!

    AKJno, I don't think I'll visit the debate section. I think I've kind of got the wind knocked out of me now!

    BTW, I grew up in Anchorage ~ sure do miss it!

    Blessings,
    xeno
    Welcome to the Roo Xeno,nice to have you here.I'm sure you'll love it.


    Thank you ladies!!
    Thank you Peter!!

  8. #28
    Member Alaskan John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    412
    Rep Power
    327

    Default

    Welcome back - c'mon in and have some fun!

    Thanks Anna Hun!

  9. #29
    Jokeroo VIP Status mountainlion20032003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    North Dakota! Roaming In Mountainlion Country!
    Posts
    77,695
    Rep Power
    4007

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by xenophyla View Post
    Wow, ALASKA JOHN and MOUNTAIN LION 20032003, you guys are sure nice in here. Please accept my very sincere and humble apology for my rude manner earlier.

    I don't remember how/why I came in here, and never expected to return. Not sure what the purpose or theme of this website is, but I think I will come back now and then just because you were so nice to me!

    AKJno, I don't think I'll visit the debate section. I think I've kind of got the wind knocked out of me now!

    BTW, I grew up in Anchorage ~ sure do miss it!

    Blessings,
    xeno
    Welcome back, I just got back on here myself today after being gone for almost 2 weeks with some issues to take care of! Anyway welcome back!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. never drive behind a garbage truck
    By konifur in forum Funny Jokes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 12:20 PM
  2. The 'Law of the Garbage Truck'
    By purplevelvet in forum Chicken Soup
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-04-2008, 09:00 PM
  3. The Law of the Garbage Truck
    By smileyluvzu in forum The Society
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 12:04 AM
  4. Monster Truck Crushes This Truck
    By mountainlion20032003 in forum Funny Pictures
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 08:42 PM
  5. Garbage can
    By brilor in forum Funny Pictures
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 05:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Funny videos, funny pictures and free online games is the nature and meaning of Jokeroo. With countless users around the world uploading, they are slowling building a wealth of great content. Did I mention that they are earning from that content? If you have any funny videos, pictures or fun games, upload it to Jokeroo and watch your balance grow!

© 2010 JMG - Jolted Media Group Ltd. All Rights Reserved.