Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He Lives In A Garbage Truck, This Is Amazing!

The so called garbage truck is a real vehicle. They are an SUV that is made for traveling to remote places as a sort of base camp. They are 4 wheel drive and have extra plating to protect it from malcontents. Some of them are bulletproof as well. One similar to this one just sold on Barret-Jackson Auto Auction last week at Westworld in Arizona. They are really neat and make a huge presence when they drive by.

Xenophyla writes:
    Don't believe everything the media feeds you. Use your common sense to see the reality before you.

Someone certainly has a sophisticated camper of some sort, but it certainly isn't in the "garbage truck" in the photo.

Just need to see the REAL outside and don't make up stuff!

Welcome to the Roo Ms. Xenophyla - you sure came out swinging at your new friends here with a baseball bat full of assumptions in your first post, didn't you?!?! The vehicle posted by MountainLion to start this thread is a "Unicat EX63-HDM / MAN TGA 6x6" which, while having a shape similar to a garbage truck, is actually a high-end custom-built 6x6 expedition truck. It was sold as a previously owned ("used") vehicle last year - the asking price was 841,348 Euro. It must be nice to have that kind of money to put into a “recreational" vehicle – huh?

As you can see from this photo of the same vehicle, the top raises up when the vehicle isn’t in running configuration. Lo and behold – there are all the windows precisely where they belong. And the one by the bed is now positioned above the cab to allow plenty of daylight in.

C’mon in and get to know us Xenophyla! Speaking only for myself, I think you’ll find that most of us already have pretty good “crap detectors" when it comes to the popular media. But when something is posted in the “Funny Pictures” section, I choose to be somewhat mindlessly entertained rather than being too analytical or critical. If you haven’t found it yet, there is also a “Debate” section in the Roo where there are usually many spirited debates that require much more of an active thinking cap and you might enjoy that section too - maybe I'll also see you over there sometime!

There’s something here for everyone, and I hope you enjoy the Roo!

Anyone who is interested can see and lean more about this amazing rig at the following site:
    UNICAT® - SPECIAL OFFERS

Thanks Anna Hun!

Jokeroo VIP Status mountainlion20032003's Avatar
    North Dakota! Roaming In Mountainlion Country!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dodger0524 View Post
    Trick my truck do that ?
    LOL! I bet they might have. I like that show. They do great work! Thanks!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno50 View Post
    The so called garbage truck is a real vehicle. They are an SUV that is made for traveling to remote places as a sort of base camp. They are 4 wheel drive and have extra plating to protect it from malcontents. Some of them are bulletproof as well. One similar to this one just sold on Barret-Jackson Auto Auction last week at Westworld in Arizona. They are really neat and make a huge presence when they drive by.
    Thanks Inferno for the info, may help clear up some of the confussion on these kinds of trucks! Appreciate that!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan John View Post
    Xenophyla writes:
    Don't believe everything the media feeds you. Use your common sense to see the reality before you.

Someone certainly has a sophisticated camper of some sort, but it certainly isn't in the "garbage truck" in the photo.

Just need to see the REAL outside and don't make up stuff!

Welcome to the Roo Ms. Xenophyla - you sure came out swinging at your new friends here with a baseball bat full of assumptions in your first post, didn't you?!?! The vehicle posted by MountainLion to start this thread is a "Unicat EX63-HDM / MAN TGA 6x6" which, while having a shape similar to a garbage truck, is actually a high-end custom-built 6x6 expedition truck. It was sold as a previously owned ("used") vehicle last year - the asking price was 841,348 Euro. It must be nice to have that kind of money to put into a “recreational" vehicle – huh?

As you can see from this photo of the same vehicle, the top raises up when the vehicle isn’t in running configuration. Lo and behold – there are all the windows precisely where they belong. And the one by the bed is now positioned above the cab to allow plenty of daylight in.

C’mon in and get to know us Xenophyla! Speaking only for myself, I think you’ll find that most of us already have pretty good “crap detectors" when it comes to the popular media. But when something is posted in the “Funny Pictures” section, I choose to be somewhat mindlessly entertained rather than being too analytical or critical. If you haven’t found it yet, there is also a “Debate” section in the Roo where there are usually many spirited debates that require much more of an active thinking cap and you might enjoy that section too - maybe I'll also see you over there sometime!

There’s something here for everyone, and I hope you enjoy the Roo!

Anyone who is interested can see and lean more about this amazing rig at the following site:
    UNICAT® - SPECIAL OFFERS
    Thank You Alaskan John, I couldn't have said it any better. Very tactful and polite reply. I will check out the site you left the link for! Really appreciate that! Good job my good man.

Default "garbage" truck

Wow, ALASKA JOHN and MOUNTAIN LION 20032003, you guys are sure nice in here. Please accept my very sincere and humble apology for my rude manner earlier.

I don't remember how/why I came in here, and never expected to return. Not sure what the purpose or theme of this website is, but I think I will come back now and then just because you were so nice to me!

AKJno, I don't think I'll visit the debate section. I think I've kind of got the wind knocked out of me now!

BTW, I grew up in Anchorage ~ sure do miss it!

Blessings,
    xeno

Quote Originally Posted by xenophyla View Post
    Wow, ALASKA JOHN and MOUNTAIN LION 20032003, you guys are sure nice in here. Please accept my very sincere and humble apology for my rude manner earlier.

I don't remember how/why I came in here, and never expected to return. Not sure what the purpose or theme of this website is, but I think I will come back now and then just because you were so nice to me!

AKJno, I don't think I'll visit the debate section. I think I've kind of got the wind knocked out of me now!

Blessings,
    xeno
    Welcome to the Roo Xeno,nice to have you here.I'm sure you'll love it.

Thank you ladies!!
    Thank you Peter!!

Welcome back - c'mon in and have some fun!

Thanks Anna Hun!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by xenophyla View Post

Blessings,
    xeno
    Welcome back, I just got back on here myself today after being gone for almost 2 weeks with some issues to take care of! Anyway welcome back!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12