Thread: What Does A Relationship Mean To You?

Smile What Does A Relationship Mean To You?

For me.....a relationship means EVERYTHING to me. When you truly love somebody, you don't want them to hurt you in anyway. That person has got to be with YOU and ONLY YOU!! When I say that.... I mean not cheating with other women/men. Having unconditional love for someone, means that you would move heaven and earth to be with that person. You do not disrespect each other in anyway, and that includes cheating. Yes! you can be friends with the opposite sex, like your ex for example.....but, as long as it isn't anything sexual. When you plan on making a life with that person, they have to be open, and honest with you.....just like you do. I worked hard to get where I am in my relationship, and it would just devastate me.....if my man was doing something of a sexual nature with a woman behind my back. When I love someone, I love them with all my heart and soul, and I expect to get the same amount of love, and respect back. TRUE LOVE can only be shared between two people, and I get the feeling that some people don't know what it means to have a true, caring relationship anymore. I LOVE my man with everything I have, and I wouldn't do ANYTHING to hurt him. But, I have complete and total TRUST in him, and I KNOW in my heart that he would NEVER do anything to hurt me. After all, you have to have trust in a relationship, and I don't want to ruin my chances at TRUE happiness with my man. So, I want to do right, and make the relationship even STRONGER!! I guess it's just my vulnerability taking over, and I had to get my feelings out. I would love it....if anyone could share their thoughts with me. Thanks!!
    Last edited by CanadianBabe; 06-23-2005 at 03:56 PM. Reason: A Spelling Error

In the heart of Dixie until God calls me home:)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBabe
    For me.....a relationship means EVERYTHING to me. When you truly love somebody, you don't want them to hurt you in anyway. That person has got to be with YOU and ONLY YOU!! When I say that.... I mean not cheating with other women/men. Having unconditional love for someone, means that you would move heaven and earth to be with that person. You do not disrespect each other in anyway, and that includes cheating. Yes! you can be friends with the opposite sex, like your ex for example.....but, as long as it isn't anything sexual. When you plan on making a life with that person, they have to be open, and honest with you.....just like you do. I worked hard to get where I am in my relationship, and it would just devastate me.....if my man was doing something of a sexual nature with a woman behind my back. When I love someone, I love them with all my heart and soul, and I expect to get the same amount of love, and respect back. TRUE LOVE can only be shared between two people, and I get the feeling that some people don't know what it means to have a true, caring relationship anymore. I LOVE my man with everything I have, and I wouldn't do ANYTHING to hurt him. But, I have complete and total TRUST in him, and I KNOW in my heart that he would NEVER do anything to hurt me. After all, you have to have trust in a relationship, and I don't want to ruin my chances at TRUE happiness with my man. So, I want to do right, and make the relationship even STRONGER!! I guess it's just my vulnerability taking over, and I had to get my feelings out. I would love it....if anyone could share their thoughts with me. Thanks!!
    Bravo Canadianbabe! I totally agree with you. Love is a wonderful thing, but it is nothing without trust both partners have to want the same thing and reach for the same goal or things just won't work out.

Senior Member Jon Collardgreens's Avatar

Hi CanadianBabe :

Well; me & my wife have been married 13 yrs now. We totally trust one another.

WE dont have a problem w/cheating on one another, because we don't do that to

one another. WE sometimes have small arguments and disagreements but thats

about it. To me my wife is the best looking in my eyes anyway. I have seen some

full figured ladies but I know some of them are fake. Breast implants & such.

I have seen so much of it that I dont have a problem w/ it. You have to love

somebody for who they are & how they are, not what they look like. ME & my wife have helped

each other over our rough spots. We have always talked things over between us.

Me & my wife are on a first time marriage. " Knock on wood " we're still together.

Things are not always perfect but we always manage to work things out.

So: I hopw this helps. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBabe
    GOOD FOR YOU HUN..POSITIVE THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS SHOULD KEEP YOU IN THE GO IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP......REMEMBER PPL ARE HUMAN AND PRONGED TO MISTAKES,WE ALL MAKE THEM..SO OPEN UP THE MARGINE FOR THOSE AND GIVE UNDERSTANDING,COMFORT,PRAYER..AND ANY RELATIONSHIP ALONG WITH YOUR THOUGHTS WILL SURLEY BE A GREAT ONE..HUGS AND MUCH LOVE

A relationship to me means alot of different things. There is a special love that one shares with another. There is a special trust that you have with that person. There is alot of give & take in a strong relationship. One day your 50-50 could be 60-40 or 90-10. You give & take according to your partner's needs.
    A relationship to me also means that you have a strong prayer life. Marky & I have a devotional every morning along with a prayer. We keep a prayer list & use it! We pray before each meal. We also pray before making big decisions & before our Dr. appointments.
    A relationship to me also means laughter & songs. Marky & I both do alot of laughing & singing.
    A relationship means that sometimes you have to agree to disagree. I don't mean that you have to change your way of thinking to suit your partner's need, you just sometimes need to stop & really listen to what they have to say.
    A relationship to me means that is alright to look, but not to touch. This is actually healthy, especially when you look together. LOL "You always leave the party with who brung ya!"
    A relationship to me means that you never go to bed angry with each other. It might make for some long nights, but you'll never regret working things out before sleep comes. The making up is the best part anyway.
    A relationship to me means that you can share anything with your partner without any backlash. One should never keep secrets from each other.
    You laugh when your partner laughs. You cry when your partner cries. You are up when they are up & down when they are down! If they hurt, you hurt!
    A relationship is special when you are with your Soul Mate!!!