Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 775

Thread: Poems

  1. #61
    Senior Member druid627's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    the midwestern state shaped like clothing
    Posts
    14,665
    Rep Power
    1336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squirt View Post
    It Is My Destiny

    I believe I see my destiny
    the writing's on the wall
    the emptiness surrounds me
    silence echoes down the hall

    forever to be alone I think
    is what the future holds in store
    my greatest fear is realized
    no need to close that door

    I don't know how I'll bear it
    not sure what I will do
    just to make it till the end
    or each day to just get through

    but I know somehow I'll find it
    the strength I'm sure I'll need
    for this is not a passing thing
    my destiny indeed ...

    Charlene ~

    Darlin,this was beautiful...HUGS!!! *kisses*




    Be alert! the world needs more lerts!

  2. #62
    Senior Member druid627's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    the midwestern state shaped like clothing
    Posts
    14,665
    Rep Power
    1336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tat2frk2 View Post
    These are two Poems I wanted to share. They are written by my 9 year old grand daughter.

    Love
    Love is sweet
    It is really neat
    It makes me cry
    I say so why?
    By Jordan



    Sorrow
    Love is sweet like sorrow
    I think there is no tomorrow
    Love is nothing yet
    I bet
    Love is always filled with a tear
    That is the thing I fear
    My heart is filled with love and care
    Can't you see it anyware?

    By Jordan
    Patti,You've got a talented little girl on your hands there...Give all all sorts of encouragement,nurture this gift she has....when she lets you,feel free to put up more of her work. and more of yours,too. HUGS




    Be alert! the world needs more lerts!

  3. #63
    Jokeroo Enthusiast roadkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    20,066
    Rep Power
    1820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squirt View Post
    It Is My Destiny


    I believe I see my destiny
    the writing's on the wall
    the emptiness surrounds me
    silence echoes down the hall

    forever to be alone I think
    is what the future holds in store
    my greatest fear is realized
    no need to close that door

    I don't know how I'll bear it
    not sure what I will do
    just to make it till the end
    or each day to just get through

    but I know somehow I'll find it
    the strength I'm sure I'll need
    for this is not a passing thing
    my destiny indeed ...


    Charlene ~
    wow Charlene...your words are so powerful...know that you are loved...smooches



  4. #64
    Senior Member druid627's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    the midwestern state shaped like clothing
    Posts
    14,665
    Rep Power
    1336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nole22003 View Post
    As I Walk Along This Winding Trail
    The Trees Are Bright With Colors
    A Vail The Leaves Are Falling Here An There As The Sun Peeks
    Through So Bright An Fair The Birds Sing A Sweet Song An The Squarles Bark Along Sweet Peace I Fell As I Walk Along This
    Windingtrail I Here A Water Fall In The Destanctions
    I Stop To Here I Set Down By A Flowing
    Stream To Rest An I Think In Wonder
    Of Gods Best What Abeautful Pictuer He Paints
    For All To See An Thats A Specal Day For Me
    Nole,this is just beautiful...I love it...HUGS




    Be alert! the world needs more lerts!

  5. #65
    Senior Member druid627's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    the midwestern state shaped like clothing
    Posts
    14,665
    Rep Power
    1336

    Default

    Misunderstanding
    OR
    I'm sorry Dearest

    The letters I sent were returned
    the flowers were denied
    the candy dripped in my mailbox
    everything I've tried
    to brighten my lady's mood
    came to no avail
    I do fear,at this time
    I am doomed to fail

    THe spat was ignomineous
    a misdemenor d'amore
    a faux pas that wasn't much
    but caused her to slam the door
    in my face,as it were
    She hasn't answered my calls
    I've been cut off from my heart
    I'm bouncing off the walls

    I've stopped the standard kiss up tricks
    for I know that they won't work
    and the more I try them
    the more I'm seemed a jerk
    I've got nothing more to give
    except feelings,which I impart
    In this missive that I send
    wrapped arround my shattered heart

    I leave it all to you now
    I've got no more to give
    I just know without you
    I've no reason to live
    Let's pass the status quo
    and from this,move beyond...
    Heaven is when you're here,
    and hell is when your gone

    mickey




    Be alert! the world needs more lerts!

  6. #66
    Senior Member druid627's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    the midwestern state shaped like clothing
    Posts
    14,665
    Rep Power
    1336

    Default

    Bittersweet changes

    the hazy days of summer
    the opressive heat and enuie
    have finally given up their hold
    driven by a crisp morning breeze

    the stiff feel of new Levi's
    the slight pinch of brand new shoes
    on feet three months unencumbered
    the smell of sharp pencils and glue

    The smell of the mimeograph
    Chalk dust heavy in the air
    slow turning fans that disperse the cloud
    the finding of your chair

    the bell that releases us
    the bus that takes me home
    an order from the chaos
    I miss that,now it's gone

    but with the end of summer
    brought with it another pain
    the knowledge that you'd soon
    be going home again

    the days are getting shorter
    the leaves are changing hue
    and the smoke from the bonfire only serves
    to remind me how much I miss you...

    mickey




    Be alert! the world needs more lerts!

  7. #67
    Administrator squirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    731,997
    Rep Power
    16254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by druid627 View Post
    Darlin,this was beautiful...HUGS!!! *kisses*
    I've been working on that one in my head for awhile lol it's really incomplete but stood well on it's own, thank you darlin' ... means alot coming from you! *kisses!!!*










    Love many things, for therein lies the true strength
    and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much
    and what is done in love is done well ♥

  8. #68
    Senior Member druid627's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    the midwestern state shaped like clothing
    Posts
    14,665
    Rep Power
    1336

    Default

    Dinner with the Devil's pet.


    We sat on the bench,deep in thought
    of delights yet to be wrought
    and figuring the chances of our best Laid plans.
    Thinking of when to split
    From the group,and get to it
    The hour glass was quickly running out of sand.

    When from over the hill they came,
    discussing matters of the same
    kind-6 couples decended all en masse
    Upon our place of higher thought,
    showing bundles of stuff they bought:
    trinkets, and baubles,and carnival glass

    There we were, all our group
    there on a knoll in a traffic loop
    to onlookers we must of truly been a sight
    7 couples- friends & lovers together
    throughout both fair and foul weather
    But that almost ended on this fateful night.

    "Hey guys,we're hungry"Candy said,
    "and could eat from now til bed,
    Without being full.Where are we going to eat?"
    Jerry replied"I know of a place
    we have yet to show our face.
    Great portion,fair prices.And french cusine that can't be beat."

    Against Lori's reservations,we set out
    {The others drug us-have no doubt}
    to this bistro-I can't remember it's damned name
    Across Orange county we went
    no one caring what was spent
    French cusine awaited us, along with mighty shame.

    In we came and down we were sat,
    and were given menus that
    I happen to be the only one able to read.ie
    "Garcon,salads all around,
    and the house red will abound,
    until we figure out what we need."

    "Okay,Mattew.What 's next?"
    I asked,quite perplexed
    As to what would happen when one lets a neophyte
    Order food in a forigen tounge.
    What the hell,we were young
    And foolish.and damned lucky to make it through the night.

    "Today's special ie LUPAN du ALLEY..."
    "Hey,that sounds good to me!"
    and twelve more head nodded their asent.
    " I want a steak."I said feeling cocky,
    Grill off the whip marks,and knock off the jockey.
    and plenty of bread with sweet butter."was my only comment.

    "Mickey,dear,What's up with you?
    Don't you want some of this stew?
    Lupan is rabbit,is that not what was said?"
    "Maria dear,I just feel the need
    For bigger game on which to feed."
    Was the only eplaination until after they were fed.

    The food arrived,we all dug in
    Like we'd never eat again
    { that was a thought that crossed my mind}.
    Th plates were cleaned,now for dessert:
    Cheesecake?No that doesn't work.
    Cherries Jubuliee on what we dined.

    Everything went well,the bill was paid
    We went to the cars,when Gwen was laid
    Low by cramps from her abdomen
    we got her to the E/R
    Where she let loose on the floor
    every thing she ate, and the heaved again.

    All hell broke loose,the others spew
    The evening's delicous stew
    The doctor said that they weren't to blame
    He looked at me and said,"et tu?
    I said nope,he said "Who?"
    I named the place-he just said "Ptomaine"

    The next morning,when they got out
    They gathered around and shout
    "What the hell did we all eat,but not you?"
    " Your "Special" wasn't all that.
    the meat in there was a Cat.
    No rabbit anywhere in that stew."

    How I survived to tell this tale
    is almost like Ahab and his whale.
    A different tale for another Time
    But I'll say that they got me back
    For the simple tale I lack
    To tell them.t'was my only crime.

    This is the only apology from me
    about this day of infamy
    when keeping my mouth closed did harm
    to the ones I respect and love
    and with the grace of the Gods above
    they'll be always kept safe and warm.


    mickey




    Be alert! the world needs more lerts!

  9. #69
    Senior Member druid627's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    the midwestern state shaped like clothing
    Posts
    14,665
    Rep Power
    1336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squirt View Post
    I've been working on that one in my head for awhile lol it's really incomplete but stood well on it's own, thank you darlin' ... means alot coming from you! *kisses!!!*
    Remeber that tale in the Library,about stevie...the ending of that works to describe this piece.."It's perfect the way it is. Just like you.Don't change..."...darlin',I think we both do the other's heart good!*kisses*




    Be alert! the world needs more lerts!

  10. #70
    Administrator squirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    731,997
    Rep Power
    16254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
    wow Charlene...your words are so powerful...know that you are loved...smooches
    with all my heart I know that Ken, I'm glad you liked my poem, especially when you know where it comes from ... I love you too *smooches!!!*










    Love many things, for therein lies the true strength
    and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much
    and what is done in love is done well ♥

  11. #71
    Administrator squirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    731,997
    Rep Power
    16254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by druid627 View Post
    Bittersweet changes

    the hazy days of summer
    the opressive heat and enuie
    have finally given up their hold
    driven by a crisp morning breeze

    the stiff feel of new Levi's
    the slight pinch of brand new shoes
    on feet three months unencumbered
    the smell of sharp pencils and glue

    The smell of the mimeograph
    Chalk dust heavy in the air
    slow turning fans that disperse the cloud
    the finding of your chair

    the bell that releases us
    the bus that takes me home
    an order from the chaos
    I miss that,now it's gone

    but with the end of summer
    brought with it another pain
    the knowledge that you'd soon
    be going home again

    the days are getting shorter
    the leaves are changing hue
    and the smoke from the bonfire only serves
    to remind me how much I miss you...

    mickey
    ok darlin' ... please pass the tissues!!! lol *sniffles!!!*










    Love many things, for therein lies the true strength
    and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much
    and what is done in love is done well ♥

  12. #72
    Jokeroo Enthusiast roadkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    20,066
    Rep Power
    1820

    Default

    this is a song i wrote the day we laid my father to rest

    Love Seen Him Through

    Words & music by

    KEN C. Jr

    At the tender age of seventeen he married a sweet girl of nineteen.
    They had three children two sons and a daughter.
    He worked hard all his life to provide for his young family
    they had a few hard times but mostly good.
    Love seen him through.
    They swore to God and to each other they would never part,
    they bought a house when the youngest child was born.
    That house soon became a home not enough space
    but it was filled with love.
    Love seen him through.
    At sixty-four, they took his leg, God was calling him home.
    Being a stubborn man he refused to go.
    Through forty-eight years of being married to the same sweet girl
    when asked how. He replied
    “Love seen me through.”
    Then the time came when God could no longer watch.
    His precious child suffer so much pain.
    He gave him rest in his sixty-seventh year
    and forty-nine years of wedded bliss
    the Lord said come to me they will be alright.
    Your love will see them through.
    miss you Dad and may you rest
    in peace without any pain.
    Love seen you through. Love seen you through.
    Love seen you through.
    Amazing grace how sweet the sound

    copyrighted



  13. #73
    Senior Member druid627's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    the midwestern state shaped like clothing
    Posts
    14,665
    Rep Power
    1336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squirt View Post
    ok darlin' ... please pass the tissues!!! lol *sniffles!!!*
    I got some BIIIG flufffy towels,atanding by,we ran out of tissues...they folded up12x12x8 thinck,so they should works betters...HUGS!!!




    Be alert! the world needs more lerts!

  14. #74
    Senior Member druid627's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    the midwestern state shaped like clothing
    Posts
    14,665
    Rep Power
    1336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
    this is a song i wrote the day we laid my father to rest

    Love Seen Him Through

    Words & music by

    KEN C. Jr

    At the tender age of seventeen he married a sweet girl of nineteen.
    They had three children two sons and a daughter.
    He worked hard all his life to provide for his young family
    they had a few hard times but mostly good.
    Love seen him through.
    They swore to God and to each other they would never part,
    they bought a house when the youngest child was born.
    That house soon became a home not enough space
    but it was filled with love.
    Love seen him through.
    At sixty-four, they took his leg, God was calling him home.
    Being a stubborn man he refused to go.
    Through forty-eight years of being married to the same sweet girl
    when asked how. He replied
    “Love seen me through.”
    Then the time came when God could no longer watch.
    His precious child suffer so much pain.
    He gave him rest in his sixty-seventh year
    and forty-nine years of wedded bliss
    the Lord said come to me they will be alright.
    Your love will see them through.
    miss you Dad and may you rest
    in peace without any pain.
    Love seen you through. Love seen you through.
    Love seen you through.
    Amazing grace how sweet the sound

    copyrighted

    Ken,this is stunning....It is a beautiful tributary piece....There are not enough laudatory words to express just how great this one is,or how much it touches my soul....thank you for sharing this my friend




    Be alert! the world needs more lerts!

  15. #75
    Administrator squirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    731,997
    Rep Power
    16254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by druid627 View Post
    I got some BIIIG flufffy towels,atanding by,we ran out of tissues...they folded up12x12x8 thinck,so they should works betters...HUGS!!!
    thank you darlin' ... but don't use this one (the towel I used) again lol I had to blow my nose lol










    Love many things, for therein lies the true strength
    and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much
    and what is done in love is done well ♥

  16. #76
    Administrator squirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    731,997
    Rep Power
    16254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by druid627 View Post

    Ken,this is stunning....It is a beautiful tributary piece....There are not enough laudatory words to express just how great this one is,or how much it touches my soul....thank you for sharing this my friend
    couldn't have said it betters myself!

    that song was beautiful ken and I need another tissue (towel) please??? lol










    Love many things, for therein lies the true strength
    and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much
    and what is done in love is done well ♥

  17. #77
    Administrator squirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    731,997
    Rep Power
    16254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nole22003 View Post
    As I Walk Along This Winding Trail
    The Trees Are Bright With Colors
    A Vail The Leaves Are Falling Here An There As The Sun Peeks
    Through So Bright An Fair The Birds Sing A Sweet Song An The SQUIRRELS Bark Along Sweet Peace I Fell As I Walk Along This
    Windingtrail I Here A Water Fall In The Destanctions
    I Stop To Here I Set Down By A Flowing
    Stream To Rest An I Think In Wonder
    Of Gods Best What Abeautful Pictuer He Paints
    For All To See An Thats A Specal Day For Me
    I could almost be there with you sunshine, how lovely!!!










    Love many things, for therein lies the true strength
    and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much
    and what is done in love is done well ♥

  18. #78
    Administrator squirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    731,997
    Rep Power
    16254

    Default

    Goodnight ...

    off to your pillows
    to lay your weary head
    for tomorrow is another day
    and you must find your bed
    may your dreams be filled with sweets
    may the angels hold you tight
    may you wake up in the morning
    having slept all through the night
    you'll find this message waiting
    as the day begins anew
    there's a yellow rose in texas
    that thinks the world of you!

    Charlene~










    Love many things, for therein lies the true strength
    and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much
    and what is done in love is done well ♥

  19. #79
    Jokeroo Enthusiast roadkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    20,066
    Rep Power
    1820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by druid627 View Post
    Ken,this is stunning....It is a beautiful tributary piece....There are not enough laudatory words to express just how great this one is,or how much it touches my soul....thank you for sharing this my friend
    thanks Mickey...and i appreciate the support...hugs



  20. #80
    Jokeroo Enthusiast roadkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    20,066
    Rep Power
    1820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squirt View Post
    couldn't have said it betters myself!

    that song was beautiful ken and I need another tissue (towel) please??? lol
    thank you my Texas star...here is a tissue..i need plenty everytime i read this...your continued support is greatly appreciated
    Charlene..i love the way you write



Similar Threads

  1. A Few of My Poems ....
    By ~*~BabyGirl~*~ in forum The Society
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-05-2006, 03:22 AM
  2. Hers & His Poems
    By CATWOMANVIXEN in forum Battle of Sexes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-22-2006, 02:20 PM
  3. Poems-One for Her & One for Him!
    By CATWOMANVIXEN in forum Battle of Sexes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-05-2006, 12:06 PM
  4. Poems in bed
    By brilor in forum Funny Jokes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2005, 12:47 PM
  5. some of my old.......ish........ poems
    By kindra1188 in forum Chicken Soup
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 10:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •