Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: I hope you dance!

  1. #1
    Jokeroo VIP Status sexysadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    in my little corner of the world....
    Posts
    65,449
    Rep Power
    8157

    Default I hope you dance!

    I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
    You get your fill to eat
    But always keep that hunger
    May you never take one single breath for granted
    God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
    I hope you still feel small
    When you stand by the ocean
    Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
    Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance

    And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
    I hope you dance
    I hope you dance

    I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
    Never settle for the path of least resistance
    Living might mean taking chances
    But they're worth taking
    Lovin' might be a mistake
    But it's worth making
    Don't let some hell bent heart
    Leave you bitter
    When you come close to selling out
    Reconsider
    Give the heavens above
    More than just a passing glance

    And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
    I hope you dance

    I hope you dance

    I hope you dance

    I hope you dance
    I hope you still feel small
    When you stand by the ocean
    Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
    Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance

    And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
    Dance
    I hope you dance
    I hope you dance

    I hope you dance

    I hope you dance
    I hope you dance



    I hope you dance


    To Jamie love Mom











  2. #2
    Jokeroo VIP Status sexysadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    in my little corner of the world....
    Posts
    65,449
    Rep Power
    8157

    Default



    Forever Young

    May the good lord be with you
    Down every road you roam
    And may sunshine and happiness
    Surround you when youre far from home
    And may you grow to be proud
    Dignified and true
    And do unto others
    As youd have done to you
    Be courageous and be brave
    And in my heart youll always stay
    Forever young, forever young
    Forever young, forever young

    May good fortune be with you
    May your guiding light be strong
    Build a stairway to heaven
    With a prince or a vagabond

    And may you never love in vain
    And in my heart you will remain
    Forever young, forever young
    Forever young, forever young
    Forever young
    Forever young

    And when you finally fly away
    Ill be hoping that I served you well
    For all the wisdom of a lifetime
    No one can ever tell

    But whatever road you choose
    Im right behind you, win or lose
    Forever young, forever young
    Forever young ,forever young
    Forever young, forever young
    For, forever young, forever young

  3. #3
    Senior Member mystical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    cardiff, wales
    Posts
    3,743
    Rep Power
    1044

    Default

    Beautiful posts Sadie. Thank you soo much for sharing!




  4. #4
    Jokeroo Enthusiast indianajoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    36,243
    Rep Power
    6212

    Default

    I thought of the same Dylan song too Sadie..nice post

  5. #5
    Jokeroo VIP Status sexysadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    in my little corner of the world....
    Posts
    65,449
    Rep Power
    8157

    Default Thank you both so much!



    Looks Like We Made It

    There you are
    Lookin' just the same as you did,
    Last time I touched you
    And, here I am
    Close to gettin' tangled up
    Inside the thought of you
    Do you love him
    as much as I love her
    And will that love be strong
    When old feelings start to stir
    Looks like we made it
    Left each other on the way,
    To another love
    Looks like we made it
    Or I thought so, till today
    Until you were there
    everywhere
    And all I could taste was love
    the way we made it
    Love's so strange
    Playin' hide and seek, with hearts
    And always hurtin'
    And we're the fools
    Standin' close enough to touch
    Those burnin' memories
    And if I hold you
    For the sake of all those times
    love made us lose our minds
    Could I ever let you go
    Oh, no...we made it
    Left each other, on the way
    To another love
    Looks like we made it
    Or I thought so, till today
    Until you were there
    everywhere
    And all I could taste was love
    the way we made it

  6. #6
    Senior Member LAWRENCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    VANCOUVER ISLAND CANADA
    Posts
    8,339
    Rep Power
    2368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sexysadie View Post


    Forever Young

    May the good lord be with you
    Down every road you roam
    And may sunshine and happiness
    Surround you when youre far from home
    And may you grow to be proud
    Dignified and true
    And do unto others
    As youd have done to you
    Be courageous and be brave
    And in my heart youll always stay
    Forever young, forever young
    Forever young, forever young

    May good fortune be with you
    May your guiding light be strong
    Build a stairway to heaven
    With a prince or a vagabond

    And may you never love in vain
    And in my heart you will remain
    Forever young, forever young
    Forever young, forever young
    Forever young
    Forever young

    And when you finally fly away
    Ill be hoping that I served you well
    For all the wisdom of a lifetime
    No one can ever tell

    But whatever road you choose
    Im right behind you, win or lose
    Forever young, forever young
    Forever young ,forever young
    Forever young, forever young
    For, forever young, forever young


    GOODIN' - BOB ZIMMERMEN!!


    ******************

  7. #7
    Jokeroo Legend brilor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In between the devil and the deep blue sea!
    Posts
    175,888
    Rep Power
    10768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sexysadie View Post
    I hope you never lose your sense of wonder

    You get your fill to eat
    But always keep that hunger
    May you never take one single breath for granted
    God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
    I hope you still feel small
    When you stand by the ocean
    Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
    Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance

    And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
    I hope you dance
    I hope you dance

    I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
    Never settle for the path of least resistance
    Living might mean taking chances
    But they're worth taking
    Lovin' might be a mistake
    But it's worth making
    Don't let some hell bent heart
    Leave you bitter
    When you come close to selling out
    Reconsider
    Give the heavens above
    More than just a passing glance

    And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
    I hope you dance

    I hope you dance

    I hope you dance

    I hope you dance
    I hope you still feel small
    When you stand by the ocean
    Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
    Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance

    And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
    Dance
    I hope you dance
    I hope you dance

    I hope you dance

    I hope you dance
    I hope you dance



    I hope you dance



    To Jamie love Mom

    YouTube - Whitney Houston - "I Wanna Dance with Somebody"

  8. #8
    Jokeroo VIP Status sexysadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    in my little corner of the world....
    Posts
    65,449
    Rep Power
    8157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LAWRENCE View Post

    GOODIN' - BOB ZIMMERMEN!!
    I totally agree..thank you Lawrence!

  9. #9
    Jokeroo VIP Status sexysadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    in my little corner of the world....
    Posts
    65,449
    Rep Power
    8157

    Default

    Nice one SB! Care to dance?

  10. #10
    Jokeroo VIP Status sexysadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    in my little corner of the world....
    Posts
    65,449
    Rep Power
    8157

    Default

    "When Somebody Loves You"

    When your heart is all alone every second
    Seems so long
    When it's just you, you can't see through
    Those ol' clouds that rain so blue

    But when somebody loves you
    There's nothing you can't do
    When somebody loves you
    It's easy to get through
    When somebody loves you
    The way I love you

    When it's late, the sun hangs low
    By yourself, nowhere to go
    Sing a song, you dance alone
    Play solitaire and stare at the phone

    But when somebody loves you
    There's nothing you can't do
    When somebody loves you
    It's easy to get through
    When somebody loves you
    The way I love you

    So let's put aside our foolish pride
    And let our hearts say hello
    We both agree we're just no good
    At bein' on our own

    'Cause when somebody loves you
    There's nothing you can't do
    When somebody loves you
    It's easy to get through
    When somebody loves you
    The way I love you

    The way I love you
    The way I love you

  11. #11
    Jokeroo VIP Status sexysadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    in my little corner of the world....
    Posts
    65,449
    Rep Power
    8157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indianajoe View Post
    I thought of the same Dylan song too Sadie..nice post
    Thank you Joe

  12. #12
    Jokeroo VIP Status sexysadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    in my little corner of the world....
    Posts
    65,449
    Rep Power
    8157

    Default Re: I hope you dance!

    "Last Dance"

    Last dance
    Last dance for love
    Yes, it's my last chance
    For romance tonight
    I I need you by me
    Beside me, to guide me
    To hold me, to scold me
    'Cause when I'm bad
    I'm so, so bad

    So let's dance the last dance
    Let's dance the last dance
    Let's dance this last dance tonight

    Last dance
    Last dance for love
    Yes, it's my last chance
    For romance tonight
    Oh-ho, I need you by me
    Beside me, to guide me
    To hold me, to scold me
    'Cause when I'm bad
    I'm so, so bad
    So let's dance the last dance
    Let's dance the last dance
    Let's dance the last dance tonight

    Oh-ho, I need you by me
    To guide me, to guide me
    To hold me, to scold me
    'Cause when I'm bad
    I'm so, so bad

    So, come on baby, dance that dance
    Come on baby, dance that dance
    Come on baby, let's dance tonight

  13. #13
    Super Moderator Bamber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Totnes, Devon, UK
    Posts
    39,472
    Rep Power
    8032

    Default Re: I hope you dance!

    Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

  14. #14
    Jokeroo Legend muchtrouble10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    109,949
    Rep Power
    4391

    Default Re: I hope you dance!


  15. #15
    Jokeroo VIP Status sexysadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    in my little corner of the world....
    Posts
    65,449
    Rep Power
    8157

    Default Re: I hope you dance!

    A friend sent this to me several years ago, it's a must read.

    Velvety-Smooth Chocolate Cake

    There was a woman who had been diagnosed with a terminal illness and had

    been given three months to live. So as she was getting her things "in

    order," she contacted her pastor and had him come to her house to discuss

    certain aspects of her final wishes.

    She told him which songs she wanted sung at the service, what scriptures she

    would like to be read, and what outfit she wanted to be buried in. The woman

    also requested to be buried with her favorite Bible. Everything was in order

    and the pastor was preparing to leave when the woman suddenly remembered

    something very important to her.

    "There's one more thing," she said excitedly. "What's that?" came the

    pastor's reply. "This is very important," the woman continued. "I want to be

    buried with a fork in my right hand."

    The pastor stood looking at the woman, not knowing quite what to say. "That

    surprises you, doesn't it?" the woman asked. "Well, to be honest, I'm

    puzzled by the request," said the pastor.

    The woman explained. "In all my years of attending church socials and

    potluck dinners, I always remember that when the dishes of the main course

    were being cleared, someone would inevitably lean over and say, 'Keep your

    fork'. It was my favorite part because I knew that something better was

    coming...like velvety chocolate cake or deep-dish apple pie. Something

    wonderful, and with substance! So, I just want people to see me there in

    that casket with a fork in my hand and I want them to wonder 'What's with

    the fork?'.

    Then I want you to tell them: "Keep your fork....the best is yet to come".

    The pastor's eyes welled up with tears of joy as he hugged the woman

    goodbye. He knew this would be one of the last times he would see her before

    her death. But he also knew that the woman had a better grasp of heaven than

    he did. She KNEW that something better was coming.

    At the funeral people were walking by the woman's casket and they saw the

    pretty dress she was wearing and her favorite Bible and the fork placed in

    her right hand. Over and over, the pastor heard the question "What's with

    the fork?" And over and over he smiled. During his message, the pastor told

    the people of the conversation he had with the woman shortly before she

    died. He also told them about the fork and about what it symbolized to her.

    The pastor told the people how he could not stop thinking about the fork and

    told them that they probably would not be able to stop thinking about it

    either. He was right.

    So the next time you reach down for your fork, let it remind you oh so

    gently, that the best is yet to come.. Friends are a very rare jewel,

    indeed. They make you smile and encourage you to succeed. They lend an ear,

    they share a word of praise, and they always want to open their hearts to

    us.

Similar Threads

  1. dance rats.. dance!
    By likeaneagle in forum Funny Pictures
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 12:31 PM
  2. I hope you dance ...
    By squirt in forum Funny Pictures
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 10:06 PM
  3. Hope?!?
    By Tye_Dye_Bearshavitz in forum Funny Pictures
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-03-2008, 09:33 PM
  4. I Hope You Dance...
    By squirt in forum The Society
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-27-2005, 08:59 PM
  5. I hope you dance
    By Docsgirl in forum The Society
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-25-2005, 08:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •