to help others bear their loads
    Then I'll keep drinking from my saucer
    'Cause my cup has overflowed

When I think of how many people in this world have it worse
    than I do, I realize just how BLESSED WE really are

There's one thing for which you should be abundantly thankful
    Only you and God have all the facts about yourself ♥

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ... :hearthug:

Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

Oh Hells!~Bells! I also know that I am blessed,
    cause everyday I wake up and come to my PC,
    I see all of my cyber friends, and wish that they,
    where here with me.
    I can't mention all of them cause their are just to many,
    But these are the people that keep me going. And
    I thank you.

look at ya'll ... how could I not feel so blessed???

Blessed are the mik for I am one, just don't piss me off for the you shall know hell.

Daddy's Poem

Her hair was up in a pony tail
    Her favorite dress tied with a bow
    Today was Daddy's Day at school
    And she couldn't wait to go

But her mommy tried to tell her
    That she probably should stay home
    Why the kids might not understand
    If she went to school alone

But she was not afraid
    She knew just what to say
    What to tell her classmates
    Of why he wasn't there today

But still her mother worried
    For her to face this day alone
    And that was why once again
    She tried to keep her daughter home

But the little girl went to school
    Eager to tell them all
    About a dad she never sees
    A dad who never calls

There were daddies along the wall in back
    For everyone to meet
    Children squirming impatiently
    Anxious in their seats

One by one the teacher called
    A student from the class
    To introduce their daddy
    As seconds slowly passed

At last the teacher called her name
    Every child turned to stare
    Each of them was searching
    A man who wasn't there

Where's her daddy at?
    She heard a boy call out
    She probably doesn't have one
    Another student dared to shout

And from somewhere near the back
    She heard a daddy say
    Looks like another deadbeat dad
    Too busy to waste his day

The words did not offend her
    As she smiled up at her Mom
    And looked back at her teacher
    Who told her to go on

And with hands behind her back
    Slowly she began to speak
    And out from the mouth of a child
    Came words incredibly unique

'My Daddy couldn't be here
    Because he lives so far away
    But I know he wishes he could be
    Since this is such a special day

And though you cannot meet him
    I wanted you to know
    All about my daddy
    And how much he loves me so

He loved to tell me stories
    He taught me to ride my bike
    He surprised me with pink roses
    And taught me to fly a kite

We used to share fudge sundaes
    And ice cream in a cone
    And though you cannot see him
    I'm not standing here alone

'Cause my daddy's al ways with me
    Even though we are apart
    I know because he told me
    He'll forever be in my heart
    With that, her little hand reached up
    And lay across her chest
    Feeling her own heartbeat
    Beneath her favorite dress

And from somewhere here in the crowd of dads
    Her mother stood in tears
    Proudly watching her daughter
    Who was wise beyond her years

For she stood up for the love
    Of a man not in her life
    Doing what was best for her
    Doing what was right

And when she dropped her hand back down
    Staring straight into the crowd
    She finished with a voice so soft
    But its message clear and loud

'I love my daddy very much
    he's my shining star
    And if he could, he'd be here
    But heaven's just too far

You see he is a Brittish soldier
    And died just this past year
    When a roadside bomb hit his convoy
    And taught Britians to fear

But sometimes when I close my eyes
    it's like he never went away.'
    And then she closed her eyes
    And saw him there that day

And to her mothers amazement
    She witnessed with surprise
    A room full of daddies and children
    All starting to close their eyes

Who knows what they saw before them
    Who knows what they felt inside
    Perhaps for merely a second
    They saw him at her side

'I know you're with me Daddy'
    To the silence she called out
    And what happened next made believers
    Of those once filled with doubt

Not one in that room could explain it
    For each of their eyes had been closed
    But there on the desk beside her
    Was a fragrant long-stemmed rose

And a child was blessed, if only for a moment
    By the love of her shining star
    And given the gift of believing
    That heaven is never too far

to believe anything else is to sink into the despair of hopelessness

I can't and I won't believe this is all there is

that was wonderful Bamber, thank you!

I can't quote the book
    The chapter or the verse
    You can't tell me it all ends
    In a slow ride in a hearse
    You know I'm more and more convinced
    The longer that i live
    Yeah, this can't be
    No, this can't be
    No, this can't be all there is

Its one of those songs puts a lump in my throat every time I hear it. Both my parents and my sister have been carers and I know more than I want to about this sort of thing.

1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay 'them'

2. Keep only cheerful friends

3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop'

4. Enjoy the simple things

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath

6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive

7. Surround yourself with what you love , whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is

10 Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

I love you too

Default Brownies & Whipped Cream

One day I had a date with friends for lunch. Mae, a little old "blue hair" about 80 years old, came along with them - all in all, a pleasant bunch. When the menus were presented, we ordered salads, sandwiches, and soups, except for Mae who said, "Ice Cream, please. Two scoops, chocolate."

I wasn't sure my ears heard right, and the others were aghast. "Along with heated apple pie," Mae added, completely unabashed. We tried to act quite nonchalant, as if people did this all the time. But when our orders were brought out, I didn't enjoy mine. I couldn't take my eyes off Mae as her pie a-la-mode went down.. The other ladies showed dismay. They ate their lunches silently and frowned.

The next time I went out to eat, I called and invited Mae. I lunched on white meat tuna. She ordered a parfait. I smiled. She asked if she amused me. I answered, "Yes, you do, but also you confuse me.

How come you order rich desserts, while I feel I must be sensible? She laughed and said, with wanton mirth, "I'm tasting all that is Possible.

I try to eat the food I need, and do the things I should. But life's so short, my friend, I hate missing out on something good.

This year I realized how old I was. (She grinned) I haven't been this old before."

"So, before I die, I've got to try those things that for years I had ignored.

I haven't smelled all the flowers yet. There are too many books I haven't read. There's more fudge sundaes to wolf down and kites to be flown overhead.

There are many malls I haven't shopped. I've not laughed at all the jokes. I've missed a lot of Broadway hits and potato chips and cokes. I want to wade again in water and feel ocean spray on my face. I want to sit in a country church once more and thank God for His grace..

I want peanut butter every day spread on my morning toast. I want un-timed long distance calls to the folks I love the most.

I haven't cried at all the movies yet, or walked in the morning rain. I need to feel wind in my hair. I want to fall in love again.

So, if I choose to have dessert, instead of having dinner, then should I die before night fall, I'd say I died a winner, because I missed out on nothing. I filled my heart's desire. I had that final chocolate mousse before my life expired."

With that, I called the waitress over. "I've changed my mind, " I said. "I want what she is having, only add some more whipped cream!"

Be mindful that happiness isn't based on possessions, power, or prestige, but on relationships with people we love and respect. Remember that while money talks Chocolate Sings!

A brother and sister had made their usual hurried, obligatory pre-Christmas visit to the little farm where dwelt their elderly parents with their small herd of horses. The farm was where they had grown up and had been named Lone Pine Farm because of the huge pine, which topped the hill behind the farm. Through the years the tree had become a talisman to the old man and his wife, and a landmark in the countryside. The young siblings had fond memories of their childhood here, but the city hustle and bustle added more excitement to their lives, and called them away to a different life.

The old folks no longer showed their horses, for the years had taken their toll, and getting out to the barn on those frosty mornings was getting harder, but it gave them a reason to get up in the mornings and a reason to live. They sold a few foals each year, and the horses were their reason for joy in the morning and contentment at day's end.

Angry, as they prepared to leave, the young couple confronted the old folks "Why do you not at least dispose of The Old One." She is no longer of use to you. It's been years since you've had foals from her. You should cut corners and save so you can have more for yourselves. How can this old worn out horse bring you anything but expense and work? Why do you keep her anyway?"

The old man looked down at his worn boots, holes in the toes, scuffed at the barn floor and replied, " Yes, I could use a pair of new boots. His arm slid defensively about the Old One's neck as he drew her near with gentle caressing he rubbed her softly behind her ears. He replied softly, "We keep her because of love. Nothing else, just love."

Baffled and irritated, the young folks wished the old man and his wife a Merry Christmas and headed back toward the city as darkness stole through the valley. The old couple shook their heads in sorrow that it had not been a happy visit. A tear fell upon their cheeks. How is it that these young folks do not understand the peace of the love that filled their hearts?

So it was, that because of the unhappy leave-taking, no one noticed the insulation smoldering on the frayed wires in the old barn. No one saw the first spark fall. No one but the "Old One".

In a matter of minutes, the whole barn was ablaze and the hungry flames were licking at the loft full of hay. With a cry of horror and despair, the old man shouted to his wife to call for help as he raced to the barn to save their beloved horses. But the flames were roaring now, and the blazing heat drove him back. He sank sobbing to the ground, helpless before the fire's fury. His wife back from calling for help cradled him in her arms, clinging to each other, they wept at their loss.

By the time the fire department arrived, only smoking, glowing ruins were left, and the old man and his wife, exhausted from their grief, huddled together before the barn. They were speechless as they rose from the cold snow covered ground. They nodded thanks to the firemen as there was nothing anyone could do now. The old man turned to his wife, resting her white head upon his shoulders as his shaking old hands clumsily dried her tears with a frayed red bandana. Brokenly he whispered, "We have lost much, but God has spared our home on this eve of Christmas. Let us gather strength and climb the hill to the old pine where we have sought comfort in times of despair. We will look down upon our home and give thanks to God that it has been spared and pray for our beloved most precious gifts that have been taken from us.

And so, he took her by the hand and slowly helped her up the snowy hill as he brushed aside his own tears with the back of his old and withered hand.

The journey up the hill was hard for their old bodies in the steep snow. As they stepped over the little knoll at the crest of the hill, they paused to rest, looking up to the top of the hill the old couple gasped and fell to their knees in amazement at the incredible beauty before them.

Seemingly, every glorious, brilliant star in the heavens was caught up in the glittering, snow-frosted branches of their beloved pine, and it was aglow with heavenly candles. And poised on its top most bough, a crystal crescent moon glistened like spun glass. Never had a mere mortal created a Christmas tree such as this. They were breathless as the old man held his wife tighter in his arms.

Suddenly, the old man gave a cry of wonder and incredible joy. Amazed and mystified, he took his wife by the hand and pulled her forward. There, beneath the tree, in resplendent glory, a mist hovering over and glowing in the darkness was their Christmas gift. Shadows glistening in the night light.

Bedded down about the "Old One" close to the trunk of the tree, was the entire herd, safe.

At the first hint of smoke, she had pushed the door ajar with her muzzle and had led the horses through it. Slowly and with great dignity, never looking back, she had led them up the hill, stepping cautiously through the snow. The foals were frightened and dashed about. The skittish yearlings looked back at the crackling, hungry flames, and tucked their tails under them as they licked their lips and hopped like rabbits. The mares that were in foal with a new years crop of babies, pressed uneasily against the "Old One" as she moved calmly up the hill and to safety beneath the pine. And now, she lay among them and gazed at the faces of the old man and his wife. Those she loved she had not disappointed. Her body was brittle with years, tired from the climb, but the golden eyes were filled with devotion as she offered her gift ---

Because of love. Only Because of love.

Tears flowed as the old couple shouted their praise and joy ...
    And again the peace of love filled their hearts.

Saying Grace In A Restaurant

Last week, I took my children to a restaurant. My six-year-old son asked if he could say grace. As we bowed our heads he said, 'God is good, God is great. Thank you for the food, and I would even thank you more if Mom gets us ice cream for dessert. And Liberty and justice for all! Amen!'

Along with the laughter from the other customers nearby, I heard a woman remark, 'That's what's wrong with this country. Kids today don't even know how to pray. Asking God for ice cream! Why, I never!'

Hearing this, my son burst into tears and asked me, 'Did I do it wrong? Is God mad at me?'

As I held him and assured him that he had done a terrific job, and God was certainly not mad at him, an elderly gentleman approached the table. He winked at my son and said, 'I happen to know that God thought that was a great prayer.'

'Really?' my son asked.

'Cross my heart,' the man replied.

Then, in a theatrical whisper, he added (indicating the woman whose remark had started this whole thing), 'Too bad she never asks God for ice cream. A little ice cream is good for the soul sometimes.'

Naturally, I bought my kids ice cream at the end of the meal. My son stared at his for a moment, and then did something I will remember the rest of my life.
    He picked up his sundae and, without a word, walked over and placed it in front of the woman. With a big smile he told her, 'Here, this is for you. Ice cream is good for the soul sometimes; and my soul is good already.'

A DREAMER AND HIS DREAM

Let me tell you, Jesse hated this job. And you would too, I imagine, if you had to do it. Jesse was a chicken plucker. That's right. He stood on a line in a chicken factory and spent his days pulling the feathers off dead chickens so the rest of us wouldn't have to. It wasn't much of a job.

But at the time, Jesse didn't think he was much of a person.
    His father was a brute of a man.
    His dad was actually thought to be mentally ill and treated Jesse rough all of his life.

Jesse's older brother wasn't much better.
    He was always picking on Jesse and beating him up.
    Yes, Jesse grew up in a very rough home in West Virginia .
    Life was anything but easy. And he thought life didn't hold much hope for him.
    That's why he was standing in this chicken line, doing a job that darn few people wanted.

In addition to all the rough treatment at home, it seems that Jesse was always sick. Sometimes it was real physical illness, but way too often it was all in his head. He was a small child, skinny and meek. That sure didn't help the situation any.

When he started to school, he was the object of every bully on the play ground.

He was a hypochondriac of the first order.
    For Jesse, tomorrow was not always something to be looked forward to.
    But, he had dreams ...
    He wanted to be a ventriloquist.
    He found books on ventriloquism.
    He practiced with sock puppets and saved his hard earned dollars until he could get a real ventriloquist dummy.

When he got old enough, he joined the military.
    And even though many of his hypochondriac symptoms persisted, the military did recognize his talents and put him in the entertainment corp.

That was when his world changed.
    He gained confidence.
    He found that he had a talent for making people laugh, and laugh so hard they often had tears in their eyes.

Yes, little Jesse had found himself.

You know, folks, the history books are full of people who overcame a handicap to go on and make a success of themselves, but Jesse is one of the few I know of who didn't overcome it. Instead he used his paranoia to make a million dollars, and become one of the best-loved characters of all time in doing it!

Yes, that little paranoid hypochondriac, who transferred his nervousness into a successful career, still holds the record for the most Emmy's given in a single category.

The wonderful, gifted, talented, and nervous comedian who brought us Barney Fife

... was Jesse Don Knotts.

A blind boy sat on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet. He held up a sign which said: "I am blind, please help." There were only a few coins in the hat.

A man was walking by. He took a few coins from his pocket and dropped them into the hat. He then took the sign, turned it around, and wrote some words. He put the sign back so that everyone who walked by would see the new words.

Soon the hat began to fill up. A lot more people were giving money to the blind boy. That afternoon the man who had changed the sign came to see how things were. The boy recognized his footsteps and asked, "Were you the one who changed my sign this morning? What did you write?"

The man said, "I only wrote the truth. I said what you said but in a different way."
    I wrote: "Today is a beautiful day but I cannot see it."

Both signs told people that the boy was blind. But the first sign simply said the boy was blind. The second sign told people that they were so lucky that they were not blind. Should we be surprised that the second sign was more effective?

Moral of the Story: Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative. Think differently and positively.

When life gives you a 100 reasons to cry, show life that you have 1000 reasons to smile. Face your past without regret. Handle your present with confidence. Prepare for the future without fear. Keep the faith and drop the fear.

The most beautiful thing is to see a person smiling:
    and even more beautiful is knowing that you are the reason behind it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevent222 View Post
    Oh Hells!~Bells! I also know that I am blessed,
    cause everyday I wake up and come to my PC,
    I see all of my cyber friends, and wish that they,
    where here with me.
    I can't mention all of them cause their are just to many,
    But these are the people that keep me going. And
    I thank you.

I realise I'm blessed as well when I wake every morning with an erection...