Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jokeroo Rewards Update

Default Jokeroo Rewards Update

Hey everyone, I'm happy to announce many new changes and features added to Jokeroo Rewards that begin this month. Let me begin:
    • Minimum payout balance has increased from $25 to $50. We are still twice as good as Google, since their minimum payout is $100 for Google Adsense. We had to change this because it was an accounting nightmare for us at the end of the month.
    • PAYPAL payments will now be issued only! Login to your accounts and insert your paypal address because we will only be paying via Paypal going forward. I know everyone was asking for this!
    • Introduction of REACT! Go to Jokeroo.com --> REACT! and start reacting on content. The more reactions your content gets, the higher chance your content gets approved. Get your friends on Jokeroo and have them REACT! on your great content. Remember, you can get paid for referring friends too, so this is a win win situation.
    With so much going on its hard to even keep track of all the new things we are launching. Also, we just launched our iPhone and Google applications for your mobile phones. We are still awaiting for approval from Apple, but we are already in the Google/Android Market. I'll make a more formal announcement about this next week.

Happy Rooing!

Default Re: Jokeroo Rewards Update

no, everyone didn't - only the people who were trying to cheat wanted Paypal

I don't, I don't want a paypal account, and I don't want you putting my money in paypal, I'll just let it sit there until you get tired of paying the cheaters and change things again lol

and I'd like to know why you made this retroactive, chatroux had $32.60 coming to her that she had planned on using to celebrate her birthday, but she didn't get paid, that's how I found out you'd raised the minimum payout

Quote Originally Posted by squirt View Post
    no, everyone didn't - only the people who were trying to cheat wanted Paypal

I don't, I don't want a paypal account, and I don't want you putting my money in paypal, I'll just let it sit there until you get tired of paying the cheaters and change things again lol

and I'd like to know why you made this retroactive, chatroux had $32.60 coming to her that she had planned on using to celebrate her birthday, but she didn't get paid, that's how I found out you'd raised the minimum payout
    Hey Squirt, why is it that you don't like Paypal? There is a security risk with us continuing to send cheques, so Paypal will have to be the future. But I'm curious to understand why you don't like Paypal. I personally love it.

I had problems with them in the past, but I can see the benefit for most members, as they won't have to wait for checks to arrive and they don't have to wait for them to clear or try to find someone who's willing to cash them, Missy won't have to send me her checks, wait for them to clear and then pay for me to wire the money back to her

and honestly, I have no idea how to get my money out of paypal, I only know how to put money in

Hang on a minute ~ can we slow down to a gallop here.

OK Jokeroo [and by the way, it would be nice to have a name of someone to talk to ~ instead of just a computer note].

I ran four different companies before I retired ~ all at the same time ~ so whilst I accept that I'm probably a total idiot in many things ~ running a company ~ I'm not.

So ~ you decide to increase the minimum payout ~ but without telling anyone here in the forum ~ bad ~ that only upsets those who have been such supporters of the site for so many years. You say you are better than Google ~ what the hell is that suppose to say ~ that because you pay out at a lower amount than one of the biggest sites on the net, that it makes it OK. Your 'core' base here, and the one which keeps it running for so long ~ are those of us who come into the forums ~ have fun, chat ~ and post..... what you've done is to totally ignore those 'core' people ~ and are now trying to get your 'company' into the 'big boys world'

Paypal ~ now that's another point ~ so it means that any 'spam poster ~ or whatever' ~ from anywhere in the world ~ can now use the Roo to earn money ~ just because they have a Paypal account.

This React thing you've set up ~ it only smells of trying to get people to log on ~ so the company gets payment from the ads [or pop-ups] that will show ~ it really isn't why we all came here in the first place.

If I was really blunt ~ I would say that someone or some business has taken over the Roo ~ and has decided to make money out of it for the benefit of the directors/shareholders etc ~ without giving any thought to what this site is really all about

Paypal charge to take money out, more that any bank that I know about to cash a cheque. I DO use Paypal, and that would be better for me, living in a "foreign" country. I need to back up what Squirt said - why didn't you tell us about the changes when you made them, particularly the retrospective part?
    Last edited by Geoff_the_Beard; 09-14-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romford Lad View Post
    Hang on a minute ~ can we slow down to a gallop here.

OK Jokeroo [and by the way, it would be nice to have a name of someone to talk to ~ instead of just a computer note].

I ran four different companies before I retired ~ all at the same time ~ so whilst I accept that I'm probably a total idiot in many things ~ running a company ~ I'm not.

So ~ you decide to increase the minimum payout ~ but without telling anyone here in the forum ~ bad ~ that only upsets those who have been such supporters of the site for so many years. You say you are better than Google ~ what the hell is that suppose to say ~ that because you pay out at a lower amount than one of the biggest sites on the net, that it makes it OK. Your 'core' base here, and the one which keeps it running for so long ~ are those of us who come into the forums ~ have fun, chat ~ and post..... what you've done is to totally ignore those 'core' people ~ and are now trying to get your 'company' into the 'big boys world'

Paypal ~ now that's another point ~ so it means that any 'spam poster ~ or whatever' ~ from anywhere in the world ~ can now use the Roo to earn money ~ just because they have a Paypal account.

This React thing you've set up ~ it only smells of trying to get people to log on ~ so the company gets payment from the ads [or pop-ups] that will show ~ it really isn't why we all came here in the first place.

If I was really blunt ~ I would say that someone or some business has taken over the Roo ~ and has decided to make money out of it for the benefit of the directors/shareholders etc ~ without giving any thought to what this site is really all about
    Is it a coincidence that there isn't a "like" button on this page?

I don't think the Roo has been taken over - it's still the young boys who WANT to be big like Google. I don't think Paypal is an issue for you or me. The last time I tried to pay in a chque from the other side of the pond, my bank wanted a 10 fee to process that. Paypal charge about 3%. That would make a payout of over 340 ($540 US) necessary to make a cheque cheaper. I'm not a fan of PayPal, but I'm not a fan of banks, either. I've been screwed by both.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff_the_Beard View Post
    Paypal charge to take money out, much more thatn any bank that I kow about to cash a cheque. I DO use Paypal, and that would be better for me, living in a "foreign" country. I need to back up what Squirt said - why didn't you tell us about the changes when you made them, particularly the retrospective part?
    I didn't know this, at least with a check, I get all my money, I don't have to worry about exchange rates or bank fees, my bank doesn't charge for me to deposit it

*PS: I've got the LIKE button in here?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff_the_Beard View Post
    Is it a coincidence that there isn't a "like" button on this page?

I don't think the Roo has been taken over - it's still the young boys who WANT to be big like Google. I don't think Paypal is an issue for you or me. The last time I tried to pay in a chque from the other side of the pond, my bank wanted a 10 fee to process that. Paypal charge about 3%. That would make a payout of over 340 ($540 US) necessary to make a cheque cheaper. I'm not a fan of PayPal, but I'm not a fan of banks, either. I've been screwed by both.
    Hadn't notice the lack of a 'like' button Geoff ~ except that it seems to have appeared now....????

Like you ~ I don't have an issue with Paypal ~ use them on secure sites to buy something ~ but have never used them to receive money ~ so I bow to your knowledge ~ I still get this feeling that something has happen to the Roo company ~ which has obviously changed the way they intend to conduct this site ~ don't know what of course ~ but if they are insisting that everyone logs in with a PayPal account ~ then it open to all and sundry to post and earn ~ and what has happened to "we only pay out to these counties".....??

Just been checking ~ and the 'like' button' isn't on my posts ~ but is on the others ~ looks like I'm 'blackballed'

Just been checking ~ and the 'like' button' isn't on my posts ~ but is on the others ~ looks like I'm 'blackballed'
    it's not that, it's that you can't LIKE your own posts lol

Quote Originally Posted by squirt View Post
    it's not that, it's that you can't LIKE your own posts lol
    Oh but I do....otherwise I wouldn't have posted them....hehe.....thanks darlin' one........

Hadn't notice the lack of a 'like' button Geoff ~ except that it seems to have appeared now....????

Like you ~ I don't have an issue with Paypal ~ use them on secure sites to buy something ~ but have never used them to receive money ~ so I bow to your knowledge ~ I still get this feeling that something has happen to the Roo company ~ which has obviously changed the way they intend to conduct this site ~ don't know what of course ~ but if they are insisting that everyone logs in with a PayPal account ~ then it open to all and sundry to post and earn ~ and what has happened to "we only pay out to these counties".....??
    I don't see how paying through Paypal "opens up to to all and sundry". People from all over the world have always been allowed to post, but there used to to be a limited list of countries who could receive payment. I can't think of a good reason why someone who was previously denied access should not benefit from what we have had for some time.

the thing that's chaffing my hide lol is that all the people who asked about paypal were people who were not in the "pay area"
    and in my mind, they were looking to cheat, it opens up the door to abuse
    but Chris had a point, they don't have to worry about lost checks this way and I'm sure it's much easier to manage from an admin point of view

Well let me try to respond to everything here. We are moving to paypal because of the ease of it. We are not a huge company and only have a few people that work for us. We can't pay the salaries of these people based on our message board, that's for sure. The board contains no advertising and is only supported like this because of our other pages. But I'm sure people will still complain, as they are.

So yes, Paypal was a response to complaints to try and please our user base. But of course we can't please everyone it seems.

Second, in another thread someone is accusing us of changing the pay rate to $50 and we shouldn't compare ourselves to Google. To the person that said that, you are completely right, we shouldn't compare ourselves to Google, we are a team of a few people and Google is a team of 1000's of people, but yet we can still manage to pay at $50 when they pay at $100. If anyone should pay at a lower rate, Google can certainly handle it better then we can.

Oh ya, who's our competition when it comes to rewards? We are the first true website rewarding users for their content contributions. Still not worth an applause?

Quote Originally Posted by jokaroo View Post
    Well let me try to respond to everything here. We are moving to paypal because of the ease of it. We are not a huge company and only have a few people that work for us. We can't pay the salaries of these people based on our message board, that's for sure. The board contains no advertising and is only supported like this because of our other pages. But I'm sure people will still complain, as they are.

So yes, Paypal was a response to complaints to try and please our user base. But of course we can't please everyone it seems.

Second, in another thread someone is accusing us of changing the pay rate to $50 and we shouldn't compare ourselves to Google. To the person that said that, you are completely right, we shouldn't compare ourselves to Google, we are a team of a few people and Google is a team of 1000's of people, but yet we can still manage to pay at $50 when they pay at $100. If anyone should pay at a lower rate, Google can certainly handle it better then we can.

Oh ya, who's our competition when it comes to rewards? We are the first true website rewarding users for their content contributions. Still not worth an applause?
    I've heard a lot of negative stuff about paypal, but I've never used it. I don't have a paypal account so what am I to do? Maybe you can't please everyone but you can try! I understand that you have a business to run with a limited number of emplyees, but maybe you can give us more options about payment? I have money on my jokeroo account and I thought that I would be getting it this month, but since you have raised the minimum payout amount I guess I'd better not hold my breath. Maybe it would have been better if you had notified everyone earlier and paid out what was accumulated up to a certain point in time everyone would feel better about the raise.

Nevertheless, to me this is the alltime best site on the internet, and I'd like it to stay that way!
    So please, if you have time could you maybe look into other payment options? Like say a jokeroo debit card that is rechargeable and can be used anywhere? If that guy russell simmons can do it I think that a company like yours would be a perfect milleu for something like that, and I know that almost everyone on the roo would like having a "RooCard"

Thanks Goddess!!

I once had a Paypal account, started, in fact, for the Roo. Since then, I've had nothing but grief. So I guess you are going to have to take "my" share of the money and go buy yourself a drink with it, or it will just sit in "Paypal" until hell freezes over! I DO understand that you can't accommodate everyone, but there should be more than one option. Pay me or not...the choice is yours...the only payment I "demand" is the love, laughs, and friendship I've discovered here.

06/12/79 - 03/23/17
    RIP Jessie

if you don't fill out the info, they can't put it in your paypal account, I'm not going to, I don't want to mess with Paypal, my account can just sit there lol

Quote Originally Posted by muchtrouble10 View Post
    I once had a Paypal account, started, in fact, for the Roo. Since then, I've had nothing but grief. So I guess you are going to have to take "my" share of the money and go buy yourself a drink with it, or it will just sit in "Paypal" until hell freezes over! I DO understand that you can't accommodate everyone, but there should be more than one option. Pay me or not...the choice is yours...the only payment I "demand" is the love, laughs, and friendship I've discovered here.
    Here, Here!!!
    :hatsoff:

Thanks Goddess!!

Quote Originally Posted by jokaroo View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm happy to announce many new changes and features added to Jokeroo Rewards that begin this month. Let me begin:
    • Minimum payout balance has increased from $25 to $50. We are still twice as good as Google, since their minimum payout is $100 for Google Adsense. We had to change this because it was an accounting nightmare for us at the end of the month.
    • PAYPAL payments will now be issued only! Login to your accounts and insert your paypal address because we will only be paying via Paypal going forward. I know everyone was asking for this!
    • Introduction of REACT! Go to Jokeroo.com --> REACT! and start reacting on content. The more reactions your content gets, the higher chance your content gets approved. Get your friends on Jokeroo and have them REACT! on your great content. Remember, you can get paid for referring friends too, so this is a win win situation.

With so much going on its hard to even keep track of all the new things we are launching. Also, we just launched our iPhone and Google applications for your mobile phones. We are still awaiting for approval from Apple, but we are already in the Google/Android Market. I'll make a more formal announcement about this next week.

Happy Rooing!
    Oh, Goody!!!

I am so glad that you're "happy to announce" that you are retroactively completely changing the terms of the agreement that was made with so many loyal members.
    And now that the minimum is $50, coupled with the lightning fast rate of Content approval these days, I'm glad that you can realize a potential savings of thousands of dollars per month.

That means one would have to have more than one approval per week to reach that mark.

I'm glad for you.