Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

Thread: Depression..

  1. #21
    Senior Member Ms.Diablo50's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Illinois, Midwest
    Posts
    8,234
    Rep Power
    2547

    Default Re: Depression..

    Don't depend too much on anyone in this world. Because even your shadow leaves you when you're in darkness. If we think about it, relying on people around us is in the same, opening up ourselves to the risk of being disappointed by them as well. No matter how any of may try to be, no one is perfect, and no one will ever be. In this world there will be moments where we may feel like we are alone, but we truly never are, because God is always with us.

    Instead of trying to live life by our own strength and by the strength of others we must rely on God to do the supernatural. Never depend on anyone too much in this world, including yourself. Even with the most diligent work ethic, and with the most talented of souls, there will be trying times, and times that we feel that we are alone. It is in these times that we must look to God for comfort, and look to God for direction in which to guide us. This was written by
    J.Johnson. This is so true in so many ways. And yet it don't make sense to a lot of people suffering from it at the time. Thats where you & I come into scene. We must show they are not alone and they must LOOK UP and once they learn to love themselves again then others may do the same for them. Love them, show them, support them, Reach out to them it don't cost a cent to reach out. When they start to do good for others it will bring a sense of accomplishment to them and they will see even tho they may feel blue and not know why, doing something GOOD for others makes us feel like we are good at heart and they are. The happiness you cause will bring you happiness if you truely want it to. Was it not John Lennon who sang all we need is love? Love does make the world go round...


  2. #22
    Super Moderator kipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In the Roo mostly
    Posts
    29,166
    Rep Power
    8992

    Default Re: Depression..

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Diablo50 View Post
    The happiness you cause will bring you happiness if you truely want it to. Was it not John Lennon who sang all we need is love? Love does make the world go round...

    Yeah and he got shot, so maybe it don't.

  3. #23
    Senior Member !Keta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ~ Sunny Florida ~
    Posts
    6,385
    Rep Power
    1059

    Default Re: Depression..

    Thank you for your words of wisdom, Ms.D

    I saw that Autumn Rain posted the other day,.. hope your are doing OK, AR !

    Was hoping you'd drop in your thread here, and let us know

    My update:

    Had a doctor's appointment today, and my medications have been tweaked a bit.

    The reason for the appt. was that my psychiatrist wanted to make sure the changes made last month were going well.
    (Off of Lithium because of kidney damage; on Depakote now.)
    Also, he wanted to check labs because of my low kidney count. My GFR went up 5 points in the right direction, so I was relieved about that.
    He made some adjustments because of my sleep patterns lately, which he thought were due to the Rx's, combined with some life issues.

    Anyway,...
    Been feeling pretty good, and talking one day at a time.

    Hope you all have a
    [jimg]mpdu/z3/c/O/c/e/a.baa-.jpg[/jimg]




    Carla
    xxoo

  4. #24
    Senior Member likeaneagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    aussie
    Posts
    14,104
    Rep Power
    3117

    Default Re: Depression..

    i think giggle a lot, it works 4 me! try it!xxxxx PS! i forget to take my meds, as a rule! LOL! keep your chin up and hold your head high! fuck it! i open another bottle of chardy! and wish it was a vat!
    Last edited by likeaneagle; 01-07-2013 at 03:34 AM.

  5. #25
    Jokeroo Legend muchtrouble10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    110,029
    Rep Power
    4393

    Default Re: Depression..

    How are the holidays treating you? I ask, because I have just spend several hours on the pity pot... Seriously, The holidays are a bad time for many, whether it is because it it becomes so obvious you are alone, or you have all kinds of stress because you don't seem to have a minute to yourself. Christmas is still a few days away, and I'm not sure I am going to make it, but I'll do my best, even if it means coming here and talking to myself.

  6. #26
    Jokeroo Immortal stevent222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    240,509
    Rep Power
    6907

    Default Re: Depression..

    I always look when you have something to say MT. I usually pass on this thread cause I too suffer from grave depression all of the time. CRAP at sometimes can't even watch a movie that I've seen and not tear up. Holy!~Freakin'!~Molly! but at least I know it's depression. I don't take anything for it cause I haven't told my doctor or anyone.

    Grieving over a loved one is personal and I don't think a doctor or anyone for that matter can tell you how you should grieve. I know I am depressed cause of other reasons but will just have to work that one myself.

  7. #27
    Jokeroo Legend muchtrouble10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    110,029
    Rep Power
    4393

    Default Re: Depression..

    Thank you for answering, Steven. I hate myself when I get down, but unless I can talk to others, I have a great deal of trouble snapping out of it. The only problem with that is the lower I seem to get, the harder it is to reach out. It took me HOURS to type that bit the other day... It also doesn't help that this is the second time I'm replying to you. I don't know what happened to the first reply...I'm having computer problems and it disappeared. Anyway, I figured if I'm all bummed out, maybe someone else is, also, and we can cling to each other. lol

  8. #28
    Senior Member likeaneagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    aussie
    Posts
    14,104
    Rep Power
    3117

    Default Re: Depression..

    Quote Originally Posted by muchtrouble10 View Post
    Thank you for answering, Steven. I hate myself when I get down, but unless I can talk to others, I have a great deal of trouble snapping out of it. The only problem with that is the lower I seem to get, the harder it is to reach out. It took me HOURS to type that bit the other day... It also doesn't help that this is the second time I'm replying to you. I don't know what happened to the first reply...I'm having computer problems and it disappeared. Anyway, I figured if I'm all bummed out, maybe someone else is, also, and we can cling to each other. lol
    i always open another bottle of chardy! i love u mary! i consider u a good girl/friend! ill pm u with my addy if ever u want talk, im a good listener! xxx

  9. #29
    Senior Member Ms.Diablo50's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Illinois, Midwest
    Posts
    8,234
    Rep Power
    2547

    Default Re: Depression..

    Quote Originally Posted by muchtrouble10 View Post
    How are the holidays treating you? I ask, because I have just spend several hours on the pity pot... Seriously, The holidays are a bad time for many, whether it is because it it becomes so obvious you are alone, or you have all kinds of stress because you don't seem to have a minute to yourself. Christmas is still a few days away, and I'm not sure I am going to make it, but I'll do my best, even if it means coming here and talking to myself.

    You don't have to talk to yourself just drop a line or two or if you wish, I'll even take the "CAPS" and not get mad.. lol lol


  10. #30
    Jokeroo Legend muchtrouble10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    110,029
    Rep Power
    4393

    Default Re: Depression..

    Thank you...and if anyone else is feeling anything but jolly, please talk about it or reach out to another person. Forcing yourself to reach out, may not put you on top of the world...but it helps to get you balanced again.

  11. #31
    Senior Member likeaneagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    aussie
    Posts
    14,104
    Rep Power
    3117

    Default Re: Depression..

    Everybody Hurts"

    When your day is long
    And the night, the night is yours alone
    When you're sure you've had enough
    Of this life, well hang on

    Don't let yourself go
    'Cause everybody cries
    And everybody hurts sometimes

    Sometimes everything is wrong
    Now it's time to sing along
    When your day is night alone (Hold on, hold on)
    If you feel like letting go (Hold on)
    If you think you've had too much
    Of this life, well hang on

    Everybody hurts
    Take comfort in your friends
    Everybody hurts
    Don't throw your hand, oh no

    Don't throw your hand
    If you feel like you're alone
    No, no, no, you are not alone

    If you're on your own in this life
    The days and nights are long
    When you think you've had too much of this life to hang on

    Well, everybody hurts sometimes
    Everybody cries
    Everybody hurts sometimes
    And everybody hurts sometimes

    So hold on, hold on
    Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on
    Everybody hurts ````````````````````` the drummer from REM had 2 brain bleeds,,neil young and I only had one ! its good too be alive!
    Last edited by likeaneagle; 12-26-2012 at 03:56 AM.

  12. #32
    Senior Member Goodgrief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    13,711
    Rep Power
    4035

    Default Re: Depression..

    Quote Originally Posted by likeaneagle View Post
    Everybody Hurts"

    When your day is long
    And the night, the night is yours alone
    When you're sure you've had enough
    Of this life, well hang on

    Don't let yourself go
    'Cause everybody cries
    And everybody hurts sometimes

    Sometimes everything is wrong
    Now it's time to sing along
    When your day is night alone (Hold on, hold on)
    If you feel like letting go (Hold on)
    If you think you've had too much
    Of this life, well hang on

    Everybody hurts
    Take comfort in your friends
    Everybody hurts
    Don't throw your hand, oh no

    Don't throw your hand
    If you feel like you're alone
    No, no, no, you are not alone

    If you're on your own in this life
    The days and nights are long
    When you think you've had too much of this life to hang on

    Well, everybody hurts sometimes
    Everybody cries
    Everybody hurts sometimes
    And everybody hurts sometimes

    So hold on, hold on
    Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on
    Everybody hurts ````````````````````` the drummer from REM had 2 brain bleeds,,neil young and I only had one ! its good too be alive!
    That song is very special to me. When my mom passed away, I flew back to my home-town in a hurry, barely had time to say goodbye. I went through the funeral and delivered the eulogy, disposed of her possessions, had to deal with the paperwork, console her sisters, etc. There was so much to do, I didn't even have time to grieve, much less cry. I came back home, caught up with my stuff. A few weeks later, when I finally had time to sit down and relax, I put on my favourite playlist and that song came on. I kept hitting replay over and over again until the tears finally started flowing.

    I was laughing and crying at the same time, thinking about all the fun times I had with her and how much she meant to me.


    That song was the corkscrew I needed to finally let it go!

  13. #33
    Senior Member likeaneagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    aussie
    Posts
    14,104
    Rep Power
    3117

    Default Re: Depression..

    Quote Originally Posted by Goodgrief View Post
    That song is very special to me. When my mom passed away, I flew back to my home-town in a hurry, barely had time to say goodbye. I went through the funeral and delivered the eulogy, disposed of her possessions, had to deal with the paperwork, console her sisters, etc. There was so much to do, I didn't even have time to grieve, much less cry. I came back home, caught up with my stuff. A few weeks later, when I finally had time to sit down and relax, I put on my favourite playlist and that song came on. I kept hitting replay over and over again until the tears finally started flowing.

    I was laughing and crying at the same time, thinking about all the fun times I had with her and how much she meant to me.


    That song was the corkscrew I needed to finally let it go!
    god bless u GG! i also have it on cd!

  14. #34
    Jokeroo Immortal stevent222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    240,509
    Rep Power
    6907

    Default Re: Depression..

    Lets talk depression. I was just in the kitchen making a lite dinner, and when cracking an egg into a boil it was fine, then cracked another one and it was FREAKING GREEN! Euikeeeeeeeeeeee!

    And I personally have never seen a green egg. To bad I didn't have any ham or I'd of taken a picture of it.

    Anyways I got another two eggs out and that time I cracked them in two different bowls. LOL! So eating my sandwiches now. Ok not depressed anymore. ha ha ha ha ha..........

  15. #35
    Senior Member likeaneagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    aussie
    Posts
    14,104
    Rep Power
    3117

    Default Re: Depression..

    Quote Originally Posted by stevent222 View Post
    Lets talk depression. I was just in the kitchen making a lite dinner, and when cracking an egg into a boil it was fine, then cracked another one and it was FREAKING GREEN! Euikeeeeeeeeeeee!

    And I personally have never seen a green egg. To bad I didn't have any ham or I'd of taken a picture of it.

    Anyways I got another two eggs out and that time I cracked them in two different bowls. LOL! So eating my sandwiches now. Ok not depressed anymore. ha ha ha ha ha..........
    the trick is to crack them one at a time into bowl 1st! if its alright, add it to the pan, if not chuck straight down the bog!

  16. #36
    Jokeroo Legend muchtrouble10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    110,029
    Rep Power
    4393

    Default Re: Depression..

    Oh God! Look who is back! lol I don't think I'm really depressed...but something strange is going on in my head. The divorce is nearing the end and I am both elated and scared to death. The feelings were like a see-saw...first I was up, then I was down, and then back up again. Now they are all blended together and I just want to make a blanket fort and hide in it! Heavens! I have never lived on my own! Hubby was always in charge of everything, issuing orders to all of us. I haven't a clue about how to take care of myself. I've been going through my things trying to figure out what to keep and what to trash. It should be easy...but that "stuff" represents my life. As is, I'm getting rid of a man I planned on spending my life with...I really don't want to discard too much at one time. (But I also don't want to be lugging the past around with me...See what I mean about the head???) Anyway...I thank you, my friend, for listening to me vent. It doesn't change things, but it DOES help me put it in perspective.
    I LOVE YOU!!!

    Mary

  17. #37
    Administrator squirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    737,906
    Rep Power
    16261

    Default Re: Depression..

    so ... make a blanket fort and hide in it! lol
    it might help you sort what's important enough to keep and what to let go
    K.I.S.S.
    we love YOU, Mary!!!

  18. #38
    Senior Member Ms.Diablo50's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Illinois, Midwest
    Posts
    8,234
    Rep Power
    2547

    Default Re: Depression..

    Been there and done that. Sad as it is and as mad as I was in the end, it was for the best. It took some good LOYAL friends to show me I can do anything I want to no matter what HE tried to convince me otherwise. BUT I had to want first.. Letting go of the past is the hardest part. The first thing I got rid of was the wedding dress. 2nd was the pics of us together except if it was with the kids. I let them keep them. I divorced him..........The KIDS DIDN'T! Go slow. Take your time. After it was all said and done, my friends threw me a divorce/wedding ring smashing party.. Of course I didn't smash the diamonds. I had a jeweler cut the diamond into 4 equal parts and made them into diamond stud earrings for the girls. Then I took the wedding band and engagement band (minus the diamonds of course) and they had a 2 foot tree stump set up in the club, with a 20 lbs. sledge hammer... Talk about a great night........ It will be OK have faith in yourself. It gets easier as time go's on...


  19. #39
    Senior Member likeaneagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    aussie
    Posts
    14,104
    Rep Power
    3117

    Default Re: Depression..

    Quote Originally Posted by muchtrouble10 View Post
    Oh God! Look who is back! lol I don't think I'm really depressed...but something strange is going on in my head. The divorce is nearing the end and I am both elated and scared to death. The feelings were like a see-saw...first I was up, then I was down, and then back up again. Now they are all blended together and I just want to make a blanket fort and hide in it! Heavens! I have never lived on my own! Hubby was always in charge of everything, issuing orders to all of us. I haven't a clue about how to take care of myself. I've been going through my things trying to figure out what to keep and what to trash. It should be easy...but that "stuff" represents my life. As is, I'm getting rid of a man I planned on spending my life with...I really don't want to discard too much at one time. (But I also don't want to be lugging the past around with me...See what I mean about the head???) Anyway...I thank you, my friend, for listening to me vent. It doesn't change things, but it DOES help me put it in perspective.
    I LOVE YOU!!!

    Mary
    mary! ur loved by all! if i got through it, so can u! (and... ur sober)

  20. #40
    Senior Member Goodgrief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    13,711
    Rep Power
    4035

    Default Re: Depression..

    Quote Originally Posted by muchtrouble10 View Post
    Oh God! Look who is back! lol I don't think I'm really depressed...but something strange is going on in my head. The divorce is nearing the end and I am both elated and scared to death. The feelings were like a see-saw...first I was up, then I was down, and then back up again. Now they are all blended together and I just want to make a blanket fort and hide in it! Heavens! I have never lived on my own! Hubby was always in charge of everything, issuing orders to all of us. I haven't a clue about how to take care of myself. I've been going through my things trying to figure out what to keep and what to trash. It should be easy...but that "stuff" represents my life. As is, I'm getting rid of a man I planned on spending my life with...I really don't want to discard too much at one time. (But I also don't want to be lugging the past around with me...See what I mean about the head???) Anyway...I thank you, my friend, for listening to me vent. It doesn't change things, but it DOES help me put it in perspective.
    I LOVE YOU!!!

    Mary
    Mary, you will do just fine! Just one question: Would you rather get rid of someone who made you unhappy or lose someone you simply adored?
    You don't have to answer this, you already know the answer. You have a ton of friends here who can help you with things like how to reset a thermostat or change a spark plug on a lawn-mower. Just ask!


Similar Threads

  1. Depression
    By indianajoe in forum Funny Jokes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 01:03 PM
  2. Joy, Depression, and Woe
    By Iceman in forum Funny Jokes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 10:25 PM
  3. Depression.
    By brilor in forum Funny Jokes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 08:14 PM
  4. Depression
    By brilor in forum Funny Jokes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-21-2006, 02:43 PM
  5. Depression
    By Wiremaster in forum The Society
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 01-22-2006, 03:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •