View Poll Results: What should we do?

Voters
79. This poll is closed
  • Increase our photo approvals by 2x (double) and decrease our payout to $5.

42 53.16%
  • Pay $10 per photo but have half the approvals? (keeping it the same as today)

37 46.84%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photo Payment Change

Default Re: Photo Payment Change

Quote Originally Posted by jokaroo View Post
    Wow. Well for comparison's sake, Paypal fees are considerably less then all competitors. I believe its 2.4%. Beats the bank fees in my opinion. The bank takes $2 off every transaction for me.
    I understand, my bank doesn't charge me a dime for anything, but that's not my own particular problem
    the issue is Paypal itself, I had a very bad experience with them, and I feel like they stole from me! and I said I would never do business with them again
    and I won't! lol
    I'm not the only one *by far* who feels that way *either* !

If you can "direct deposit" into a PayPal account why can't ya'll direct deposit into my checking account?

Why would people not claim their money on Paypal? Anyone in America can open an account.
    OPENING an account is not the problem! That was done easily. But I had an unauthorized withdrawal from the account, which then affected my bank account. THEN PayPal had a security breach and I got involved with that. So...bottom line was I "lost" $50+ dollars and will NEVER use PayPal again.

Wow. Well for comparison's sake, Paypal fees are considerably less then all competitors. I believe its 2.4%. Beats the bank fees in my opinion. The bank takes $2 off every transaction for me.
    My bank charges me nothing for cheques or other transactions drawn on a British bank. They used to charge a hefty fee for a cheque from America, but I believe that has now been dropped, since the introduction of International Bank Codes. That's true of most British banks.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff_the_Beard View Post
    My bank charges me nothing for cheques or other transactions drawn on a British bank. They used to charge a hefty fee for a cheque from America, but I believe that has now been dropped, since the introduction of International Bank Codes. That's true of most British banks.
    I'm with Natwest and they charged me for an overseas cheque..

Quote Originally Posted by hortysir View Post
    So the Roo sends all pending monies to Paypal and if there is no account for Mr. X, it gets sent back to Roo.

As soon as I have enough in my account to get paid, I'll set up a PayPal account. Then I'll cash out and stop uploading
    Dam El Presidenta! that sounds good and going to do that myself soon as I get this $60.90 that is in there now. I have set up a PayPal still don't know why I as Squirt have had $25.00 STOLEN from me because of PayPal. But heck I sure can use the money nowdays. ha!

So the Roo sends all pending monies to Paypal and if there is no account for Mr. X, it gets sent back to Roo.

As soon as I have enough in my account to get paid, I'll set up a PayPal account. Then I'll cash out and stop uploading
    Dam El Presidenta! that sounds good and going to do that myself soon as I get this $60.90 that is in there now. I have set up a PayPal still don't know why I as Squirt have had $25.00 STOLEN from me because of PayPal. But heck I sure can use the money now days . ha!

If you can "direct deposit" into a PayPal account why can't ya'll direct deposit into my checking account?
    Dang Hority your on a roll here another great idea but DAM it just sounds to simple and it would most likely work well it would for me anyways.
    And you know if it's simple and works for everyone you know then what happens. . . .
    Last edited by stevent222; 10-25-2011 at 08:17 PM. Reason: ADDED SECOND COMMENT

Just got this in my emails tonight another FREAKIN' reason I don't like PayPal.
    SUBJECT: Warning Your Account Has Been Limited !‏
    9:24 PM
    Reply ▼
    Paypal Services. Add to contacts
    To (WAS MY EMAIL ADDRESS HERE)

Dear PayPal Member

Unfortunately, Your Online Access has been blocked.
    It has come to our attention that your PayPal Billing Information records are out of date.
    That requires you to verify the Billing Information. Failure to verify your records will
    result in account suspension. click the link below and enter your login information on the
    following page to confirm your Billing Information records..
    To verify your identity, kindly follow reference below and take the directions to
    instant activation.

Verify Your Account

I'll be DAMMED if I click on that link. I went to my account and there on PayPal there was nothing there that said my account had been Limited. And to think this is in direct link to my FREAKIN checking account where I get my s.s.i. checks. So not having this account now for only less then a freakin' week the F ing hackers are out there already.

Well for one thing when this is all over and done with once I get my $60 some dollars will just stop posting them on there anymore like Horti said. Although thought of that myself too.

There you go, Steven! That happens all the time. It LOOKS like PayPal...they even warn you about security risks...the only thing that saved me was I had forgotten my password and put in the wrong one. I realized my "mistake" almost immediately, and KNEW for sure when they accepted the wrong password. I don't want to deal with a site like that!

The only time I've used PayPal [no more than half a dozen] is to buy something from a UK site that has it as a means of payment [and we're not talking big money here ~ just a few pounds for a DVD or similar....would never consider using them for anything else. In the same way ~ I wouldn't have on 'on-line' banking service [still don't trust it] and my small local branch is some 2 minutes walk from my front door....although a fully appreciate, that with the right security, on line banking is a great advantage for many people.
    One other point also, is that I am for ever getting emails from 'PayPal' [if it is them] offering me numerous things that I can't live without....they just get deleted.

I had gotten PayPal as a "one time" transaction...then they (PayPal) went into my bank account, without authorization, to renew that transaction a year later. I will NOT deal with them...I can't afford to do it.

I get those bogus emails too... I never click for one I haven't used pay pal in years so I know its not legit

second I have $30.10 in my queue, who ever wants it can have it as I will never be able to collect it

If the admin's want to transfer it it's ok with me

I've never had such an email from PayPal, but I have had similar ones from all the major banks (where idon't have accounts). I do use PayPal about half a dozen times a year, particularly when I buy something from outside the UK (e.g. Hong Kong). I've never had any problems with them. On one occasion when the goods turned out to be faulty, I got a refund credited within four hours of sending an email to say so.

Steven, the e-mail shouldn't freak you out about PayPal as it isn't from them

how long is this bullshit poll open?

tired of seeing it bumped

like we ever had a say to begin with

The Austrlaian Capital Territory, Canberra, Flynn 2615

Quote Originally Posted by Romford Lad View Post
    I am most grateful Jokaroo for the clarification ~ as you are well aware ~ posting for money is not something I am interested in ~ and have already forwarded my instructions to you ~ should I EVER get to any level where a sum is available ~ it was purely that I couldn't get the gist of your original post ~ that certainly makes it most clear now ~ thank you.

PayPal and Jokeroo

Itís sad that so many members have to rely on ď Jokeroo dollars ď to take the financial stress out of their lives.

If I was eligible to receive payments from Jokeroo, I'd be telling them to put it in a different place to what you did...............not really, the reality is I'd do the same as you and have it donated elsewhere. I presume that is what you did.

I have no intention of giving my financial details to any off shoot of this board.

I didnít trust the Admin enough to pay for privileged membership; they have done nothing to earn my trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    PayPal and Jokeroo

Itís sad that so many members have to rely on ď Jokeroo dollars ď to take the financial stress out of their lives.

If I was eligible to receive payments from Jokeroo, I'd be telling them to put it in a different place to what you did...............not really, the reality is I'd do the same as you and have it donated elsewhere. I presume that is what you did.

I have no intention of giving my financial details to any off shoot of this board.

I didnít trust the Admin enough to pay for privileged membership; they have done nothing to earn my trust.

Wind your neck in Flynn! I get things sent in e-mails which I post on these boards for financial gain, which I pass on to cancer research. I never agreed with any of it and still don't, but if something that is dear to me gains from all this bullshit that the roo thinks we need, then I say no harm done.

Kipper

I wasn't putting my neck on the chopping block to start with so no need for me to " wind it in ".

From what I read most members look at the cash as a bonus on top of being here. If all members donated their hard earned Jokeroo Dollars to cancer research then I'd contribute some hard earned " Flynn type Dollars " to the same cause.

Until then......I'll keep supporting the charitable organisations that my wife and I are currently involved with.

In between the devil and the deep blue sea!

Most of the moans are from posters from East European countries who never contribute but merely click the react tag on the uploader!

Some of the regulars protest a bit much about the rewards program.

This thread was started as a poll so it's a bit different but have a look at how many threads there are with members bitching about over due payments.

It's embarrassing, I feel as though I should organise a chook raffle to help out some of the needy folk here.

Actually this poll was posted as a way for Admin to ease their conscience for changing the rules in the middle of the game.

The change was already made before this poll was posted and the decision was made before the results of the poll were finalized.