Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1400

Thread: Bamber, you're sick!

  1. #21
    Senior Member likeaneagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    aussie
    Posts
    14,109
    Rep Power
    3117

    Default Re: Bamber, you're sick!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamber View Post
    Just got back from my latest trip to the horse piddle - this is costing me a fortune (40 a day), as they recently stopped the local bus service between Totnes and the hospital, so I'm using taxis.

    They've doubled my dose of rat poison (warfarin), and I'm being injected with another blood thinner daily too. Hopefully this will only take a week or so until the thinness of my blood is stabilised.
    booze does that 2! drink more booze!

  2. #22
    Super Moderator Bamber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Totnes, Devon, UK
    Posts
    40,938
    Rep Power
    8143

    Default Re: Bamber, you're sick!

    Quote Originally Posted by likeaneagle View Post
    booze does that 2! drink more booze!
    I'd love to, Lynn.

    I dropped in to my local and gave the landlord the bad news that I cannot booze for around 10 weeks - and maybe never again!

    He has now changed his annual vacation from two weeks on an exclusive island to three days in a tent in the garden next door.
    Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

  3. #23
    Jokeroo Enthusiast konifur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sunderland, England
    Posts
    48,328
    Rep Power
    7248

    Default Re: Bamber, you're sick!

    Agh what a bugger bamber, i just can`t imagine you sipping tonic water.



  4. #24
    Super Moderator Bamber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Totnes, Devon, UK
    Posts
    40,938
    Rep Power
    8143

    Default Re: Bamber, you're sick!

    Quote Originally Posted by kipper View Post
    You sure? Thought your blood was 99% Palmers Best Bitter...
    Palmers? Pah!

    I drink Albert Ale, brewed in the barn behind my local.
    It's all passed by the management, you know (or is that the lager?).


    [jimg]jcts/z3/W/E/C/d/a.aaa-.jpg[/jimg]
    Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

  5. #25
    Super Moderator Bamber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Totnes, Devon, UK
    Posts
    40,938
    Rep Power
    8143

    Default Re: Bamber, you're sick!

    Quote Originally Posted by konifur View Post
    I BEG TO DIFFER KIPPER,MANY MOONS AGO HE WAS IN MY TRICYCLE GANG HELLS PEDDLERS
    [jimg]jcsx/z3/r/E/C/d/a.aaa-.JPG[/jimg]
    Actually, I still have a scar on my chin and both inside and outside of my lower lip, where I came off my first tricycle, aged 5 years old. I don't remember being that upset, as my diet consisted of soups, porridge and ice cream until I healed.
    Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

  6. #26
    Super Moderator Bamber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Totnes, Devon, UK
    Posts
    40,938
    Rep Power
    8143

    Default Re: Bamber, you're sick!

    Thank you, everyone, for your thoughts and prayers. They are truly appreciated.
    Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

  7. #27
    Super Moderator Bamber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Totnes, Devon, UK
    Posts
    40,938
    Rep Power
    8143

    Default Re: Bamber, you're sick!

    Quote Originally Posted by konifur View Post
    Agh what a bugger bamber, i just can`t imagine you sipping tonic water.
    As I've been a piss-head for over 38 years, I hope to God I don't get the accumulated hangover - hardly bears thinking about, does it?
    Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

  8. #28
    Administrator squirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    738,336
    Rep Power
    16262

    Default Re: Bamber, you're sick!

    Quote Originally Posted by kipper View Post
    He can't do that as he was never "Born to be wild" like you...

    http://View My Video
    that song is gonna be stuck in my head now! lol

  9. #29
    Super Moderator kipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In the Roo mostly
    Posts
    29,166
    Rep Power
    8992

    Default Re: Bamber, you're sick!

    Quote Originally Posted by squirt View Post
    that song is gonna be stuck in my head now! lol

    Better the song than the vision of Koni...

  10. #30
    Jokeroo Immortal stevent222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    240,569
    Rep Power
    6907

    Default Re: Bamber, you're sick!

    Quote Originally Posted by LilMissPurrfect View Post
    You'll try anything to check out these nurses in hospital huh? ....
    And what's so wrong about that? One of the reasons why I go in so often, around here they are all mostly really cute young Asians.

  11. #31
    Super Moderator Bamber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Totnes, Devon, UK
    Posts
    40,938
    Rep Power
    8143

    Default Re: Bamber, you're sick!

    Update 26 Feb.

    For the first time, my heart rate at rest is below 100 beats per minute. I'm no longer running a marathon sat down, just walking up a bloody steep hill. My blood should be in the required thinness range within the next couple of days too - by the end of the week I may not have to go to the hospital every day.
    Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

  12. #32
    Jokeroo Enthusiast Romford Lad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Essex, U.K.
    Posts
    28,707
    Rep Power
    7566

    Default Re: Bamber, you're sick!

    Great news Phil...obviously the treatment is working ~ stay with it my friend ~ you never know ~ you'll be back on that proper ale sooner than you think.....God willing....

  13. #33
    Jokeroo Enthusiast konifur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sunderland, England
    Posts
    48,328
    Rep Power
    7248

    Default Re: Bamber, you're sick!

    Great news Phil.
    I knew all that thinking of you would do the trick, you will be back to pulling your plonker in no time.



  14. #34
    Jokeroo Legend brilor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In between the devil and the deep blue sea!
    Posts
    177,949
    Rep Power
    10825

    Default Re: Bamber, you're sick!

    Quote Originally Posted by konifur View Post
    Great news Phil.
    I knew all that thinking of you would do the trick, you will be back to pulling your plonker in no time.
    If he's got BUPA or equivolent then the nurses will do it for him unlike the NHS!

  15. #35
    Administrator squirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    738,336
    Rep Power
    16262

    Default Re: Bamber, you're sick!

    that's great news Bamber!


  16. #36
    Super Moderator Bamber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Totnes, Devon, UK
    Posts
    40,938
    Rep Power
    8143

    Default Re: Bamber, you're sick!

    27 Feb.

    I'm "in the zone" on my INR (blood coagulation) reading, so if I am OK tomorrow I will no longer need a daily test at the hospital (hooray!). My heart rate is still just below 100 and my blood pressure a little high, but things are still improving. I have an echo scan (whatever that is - sounds as though I should be judging a yodelling competition to me) booked for Friday.
    Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

  17. #37
    Jokeroo Enthusiast Romford Lad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Essex, U.K.
    Posts
    28,707
    Rep Power
    7566

    Default Re: Bamber, you're sick!

    Good for you mate ~ I've no idea what the scan is either ~ I've heard of scans for being pregnant ~ but it's not that...is it ~ take it easy my friend........... thinking of you on Friday.....don't worry about the WIT...I'm sure Kip will come up with some sort of 'rocket'....hehe.......

  18. #38
    Super Moderator Bamber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Totnes, Devon, UK
    Posts
    40,938
    Rep Power
    8143

    Default Re: Bamber, you're sick!

    A-ha!
    Here's what happens:

    You will need to undress to the waist and lie on the couch. A probe is placed on your chest (it is a bit like a very thick blunt pen). Also, lubricating jelly is put on your chest so the probe makes good contact with the skin. The probe is connected by a wire to the ultrasound machine and monitor. Pulses of ultrasound are sent from the probe through the skin towards your heart. The ultrasound waves then echo ('bounce back') from the heart and various structures in the heart.

    The amount of ultrasound that echoes back depends on the density of the tissue the sound has hit. Therefore, the different structures send back different echoes. For example, ultrasound travels freely through fluid so there is little echo from blood in heart chambers. But, heart valves are dense tissues so ultrasound hitting a valve will echo back clearly.

    The echoes are detected by the probe and are sent to the echocardiogram machine. They are displayed as a picture on the monitor. The picture is constantly updated so the scan can show movement as well as structure. (For example, the valves of a heart opening and closing.) The operator moves the probe around over the skin surface to get views from different angles. Some abnormalities can be seen quite clearly. For example, damaged heart valves, thickened heart muscle, some congenital heart defects, etc.

    The test is painless and takes about 15-30 minutes. You may have to turn on your side during the test so that the operator can scan the heart from different angles.

    You do not need any special preparation before the test. You eat and drink normally before and after the test. Continue to take your usual medication.


    So if they detect a little fellow playing a xylophone in there, I may be in trouble, eh?
    Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

  19. #39
    Senior Member Ms.Diablo50's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Illinois, Midwest
    Posts
    8,234
    Rep Power
    2547

    Default Re: Bamber, you're sick!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamber View Post
    A-ha!
    Here's what happens:




    You will need to undress to the waist and lie on the couch. A probe is placed on your chest (it is a bit like a very thick blunt pen). Also, lubricating jelly is put on your chest so the probe makes good contact with the skin. The probe is connected by a wire to the ultrasound machine and monitor. Pulses of ultrasound are sent from the probe through the skin towards your heart. The ultrasound waves then echo ('bounce back') from the heart and various structures in the heart.

    The amount of ultrasound that echoes back depends on the density of the tissue the sound has hit. Therefore, the different structures send back different echoes. For example, ultrasound travels freely through fluid so there is little echo from blood in heart chambers. But, heart valves are dense tissues so ultrasound hitting a valve will echo back clearly.

    The echoes are detected by the probe and are sent to the echocardiogram machine. They are displayed as a picture on the monitor. The picture is constantly updated so the scan can show movement as well as structure. (For example, the valves of a heart opening and closing.) The operator moves the probe around over the skin surface to get views from different angles. Some abnormalities can be seen quite clearly. For example, damaged heart valves, thickened heart muscle, some congenital heart defects, etc.

    The test is painless and takes about 15-30 minutes. You may have to turn on your side during the test so that the operator can scan the heart from different angles.

    You do not need any special preparation before the test. You eat and drink normally before and after the test. Continue to take your usual medication.


    So if they detect a little fellow playing a xylophone in there, I may be in trouble, eh?




    You did your homework...... and that is all there is to it!! No worries......... No worries.

  20. #40
    Jokeroo Enthusiast konifur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sunderland, England
    Posts
    48,328
    Rep Power
    7248

    Default Re: Bamber, you're sick!

    Still thinking of you me old mate.
    Get well soon.



Similar Threads

  1. bamber's pub?
    By likeaneagle in forum Funny Videos
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2011, 05:57 AM
  2. is this you Bamber?
    By likeaneagle in forum Funny Pictures
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 03:25 PM
  3. for bamber
    By likeaneagle in forum Funny Videos
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 10:25 PM
  4. another ass for bamber
    By konifur in forum Funny Pictures
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 01:56 PM
  5. Down in one Bamber.
    By konifur in forum Funny Pictures
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-21-2009, 12:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •