Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: today's "feel good" story

Default Re: today's "feel good" story

Not much of a story...but a definite feel-good moment! (Seems to be contagious...)

(Ms. D...Do you have this much fun?)

... we live for ... little moments ... like that lol

Quote Originally Posted by muchtrouble10 View Post
    Not much of a story...but a definite feel-good moment! (Seems to be contagious...)

I love the Peanuts song and this is awesome MT

[jimg]mlby/z3/-/v/b/e/a.baa-.JPG[/jimg]

LMAO! I can relate to that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by muchtrouble10 View Post

You're going to love this one!

I had to go back to my home town because my mom sold her house and was moving into a seniors' complex.

So, I move her out, installed her in her new place and since we had a few more days to spare, we decided to go downstairs for the Saturday night party.

Pretty lame... The ladies are doing the line dance, the men are just sitting there....
    But Lo and freakin' Behold, in the crowd of men I spotted one guy who used to be a member of the ski club I used to belong to!
    This guy could boogie!
    I walked up to him, re-introduced myself (40 years had gone by) and asked him to dance with me. Sure enough, the next tune was a real rocking number! We burned the dance floor and the DJ kept playing Dire Straights, CCR and ZZ Top.
    Mom, who couldn't dance anymore, was smiling from ear to ear. Back in her apartment, she told me she could see herself dancing while I was on the dance floor.

I left two days after that evening. She passed 5 months later. But I will never forget the joy on her face that evening.

Now THAT is a precious memory.
    Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

BRAVO!!! to both of ya'll!

awwww thats so cool Good Grief

A Connecticut shelter dog is being credited with saving the life of an infant who had stopped breathing.

The dog, named Duke, alerted the baby's parents that something was amiss by jumping into their bed in the middle of the night. The dog was shaking uncontrollably.

"He's insanely obedient so this was extremely bizarre," Jenna Brousseau, speaking in an interview with WFSB-TV, said of Duke's Oct. 7 behavior.

She and her husband decided to check on their daughter, 9-week-old Harper. They found that she wasn't breathing.

"My husband called 911 and the ambulance came here and it was because of our Dukie dog, who alerted us," Brousseau of Portland, Conn., said, according to WFSB-TV. "If Duke hadn't, you know, been so scared, then we would have just gone to sleep."

Doctors aren't sure what caused Harper to stop breathing, but have said it could possibly have been because of acid reflux.

The Brousseaus adopted Duke from a shelter six years ago.

"He's the perfect dog," Brousseau said. "He was meant to be ours, and meant to be hers."

Harper is apparently doing well now.

Quote Originally Posted by squirt View Post
    A Connecticut shelter dog is being credited with saving the life of an infant who had stopped breathing.

The dog, named Duke, alerted the baby's parents that something was amiss by jumping into their bed in the middle of the night. The dog was shaking uncontrollably.

"He's insanely obedient so this was extremely bizarre," Jenna Brousseau, speaking in an interview with WFSB-TV, said of Duke's Oct. 7 behavior.

She and her husband decided to check on their daughter, 9-week-old Harper. They found that she wasn't breathing.

"My husband called 911 and the ambulance came here and it was because of our Dukie dog, who alerted us," Brousseau of Portland, Conn., said, according to WFSB-TV. "If Duke hadn't, you know, been so scared, then we would have just gone to sleep."

Doctors aren't sure what caused Harper to stop breathing, but have said it could possibly have been because of acid reflux.

The Brousseaus adopted Duke from a shelter six years ago.

"He's the perfect dog," Brousseau said. "He was meant to be ours, and meant to be hers."

Harper is apparently doing well now.
    Great story! I've always believed in animal instincts! My canine was extremely friendly, except for two occasions. I followed his reactions. In both cases, he was right. No harm was done. All I had to do was to call the police.

3 minutes of glory!
    I've never been known to be a singer but I love music!
    We were at a busy Karaoke bar. Hubby had just done his number and the man sitting across from us was waiting to be called for his. I asked him what he was going to sing and he said it was "Con te partiro". OMG! Of all the songs ever written, that is my favourite! He asked me if I knew the Italian lyrics. I said I did. He asked me to join him!

Our time came, I was shaking! He had a powerful voice, mine is rather weak. We started, he grabbed my hand and I kept my voice low, not knowing if I was in key. We sang that wonderful tune.
    The crowd applauded loudly!
    When we went back to our table, my husband hugged me, smiling from ear to ear and said that after all the years we'd been together, he never knew I had "the balls" to sing in public!
    No, I'm not anywhere near to being Sarah Brighton. But when I got up there with that great singer, I thought I was her, singing with Andrea Boccelli.

Nah, I didn't get a recording contract. But I'll never forget my 3 minutes of fame! LOL!

thats AWESOME Good Grief

Not really a story but did make me feel good, well except for maybe 1 pic lol

Quote Originally Posted by Manzy View Post
    Not really a story but did make me feel good, well except for maybe 1 pic lol

The one where the baby is going to bite the dog's ear off?

Quote Originally Posted by stevent222 View Post
    Took me forever it seems like to find this thread Squirt. And know that you'll enjoy this story too as I have.

In 2003, police in Warwickshire , England , opened a garden shed and found a

whimpering, cowering dog. The dog had been locked in the shed and abandoned. It was dirty and malnourished, and had quite clearly been abused.

In an act of kindness, the police took the dog, which was a female greyhound, to the Nuneaton Warwickshire Wildlife Sanctuary which is run by a man named Geoff Grewcock, and known as a haven for animals abandoned, orphaned, or otherwise in

need. Geoff and the other sanctuary staff went to work with two aims: to restore the dog to full health, and to win her trust. It took several weeks, but eventually both goals were achieved. They named her Jasmine, and they started to think about finding her an adoptive home.

[jimg]mo5f/z3/d/p/c/e/a.aaa-Grayhound-as-Warwickshinire-.jpg[/jimg]

Jasmine, however, had other ideas. No one quite remembers how it came about, but Jasmine started welcoming all animal arrivals at the sanctuary. It would not matter if it were a puppy, a fo cub, a rabbit or, any other lost or hurting animal. Jasmine would just peer into the box or cage and, when and where possible, deliver a welcoming lick.

[jimg]mo5f/z3/d/p/c/e/a.baa-Grayhound-as-Warwickshinire-.jpg[/jimg]

Geoff relates one of th eearly incidents. "We had two puppies that had been abandoned by a nearby railway line. One was a Lakeland Terrier cross and another was a Jack Russell Doberman cross. They were tiny when they arrived at the centre, and Jasmine approached them and grabbed one by the scruff of the neck in her mouth and put him on the settee. Then she fetched the other one and sat down with them, cuddling them." "But she is like that with all of our animals, even the rabbits. She takes all the stress out of them, and it helps them to not only feel close to her, but to settle into their new surroundings. She has done the same with the fox and badger cubs, she licks the rabbits and guinea pigs, and even lets the birds perch on the bridge of her nose."

[jimg]mo5f/z3/d/p/c/e/a.caa-Grayhound-as-Warwickshinire-.jpg[/jimg]

Jasmine, the timid, abused, deserted waif, became the animal sanctuary's resident surrogate mother, a role for which she might have been born. The list of orphaned and abandoned youngster she has cared for comprises five fox cubs, four badger cubs, fifteen chicks, eight guinea pigs, two stray puppies and fifteen rabbits - and one roe deer fawn. Tiny Bramble, eleven weeks old, was found semi-conscious in a field. Upon arrival at the sanctuary, Jasmine cuddled up to her to keep her warm, and then went into the full foster-mum role. Jasmine the greyhound showers Bramble the roe deer with affection, and makes sure nothing is matted.

[jimg]mo5f/z3/d/p/c/e/a.daa-Grayhound-as-Warwickshinire-.jpg[/jimg]

"They are inseparable," says Geoff. "Bramble walks between her legs, and they keep kissing each other. They walk together round the sanctuary. It's a real treat to see them."

[jimg]mo5f/z3/d/p/c/e/a.eaa-Grayhound-as-Warwickshinire-.jpg[/jimg]

Jasmine will continue to care for Bramble until she is old enough to be returned to woodland life. When that happens, Jasmine will not be lonely. She will be too busy showering love and affection on the next orphan or victim of abuse.

[jimg]mo5f/z3/d/p/c/e/a.faa-Grayhound-as-Warwickshinire-.jpg[/jimg]

Pictured from the left are:

"Toby", a stray Lakeland dog; "Bramble", orphaned roe deer; "Buster", a stray Jack Russell; a dumped rabbit; "Sky", an injured barn owl; and "Jasmine", with a mother's heart doing best what a caring mother would do...and such is the order of God' Creation. So you can pass this story on, and maybe make someone else's day to be just a little brighter!

Quote Originally Posted by stevent222 View Post
    Took me forever it seems like to find this thread Squirt. And know that you'll enjoy this story too as I have.

In 2003, police in Warwickshire , England , opened a garden shed and found a

whimpering, cowering dog. The dog had been locked in the shed and abandoned. It was dirty and malnourished, and had quite clearly been abused.

In an act of kindness, the police took the dog, which was a female greyhound, to the Nuneaton Warwickshire Wildlife Sanctuary which is run by a man named Geoff Grewcock, and known as a haven for animals abandoned, orphaned, or otherwise in

need. Geoff and the other sanctuary staff went to work with two aims: to restore the dog to full health, and to win her trust. It took several weeks, but eventually both goals were achieved. They named her Jasmine, and they started to think about finding her an adoptive home.

[jimg]mo5f/z3/d/p/c/e/a.aaa-Grayhound-as-Warwickshinire-.jpg[/jimg]

Jasmine, however, had other ideas. No one quite remembers how it came about, but Jasmine started welcoming all animal arrivals at the sanctuary. It would not matter if it were a puppy, a fo cub, a rabbit or, any other lost or hurting animal. Jasmine would just peer into the box or cage and, when and where possible, deliver a welcoming lick.

[jimg]mo5f/z3/d/p/c/e/a.baa-Grayhound-as-Warwickshinire-.jpg[/jimg]

Geoff relates one of th eearly incidents. "We had two puppies that had been abandoned by a nearby railway line. One was a Lakeland Terrier cross and another was a Jack Russell Doberman cross. They were tiny when they arrived at the centre, and Jasmine approached them and grabbed one by the scruff of the neck in her mouth and put him on the settee. Then she fetched the other one and sat down with them, cuddling them." "But she is like that with all of our animals, even the rabbits. She takes all the stress out of them, and it helps them to not only feel close to her, but to settle into their new surroundings. She has done the same with the fox and badger cubs, she licks the rabbits and guinea pigs, and even lets the birds perch on the bridge of her nose."

[jimg]mo5f/z3/d/p/c/e/a.caa-Grayhound-as-Warwickshinire-.jpg[/jimg]

Jasmine, the timid, abused, deserted waif, became the animal sanctuary's resident surrogate mother, a role for which she might have been born. The list of orphaned and abandoned youngster she has cared for comprises five fox cubs, four badger cubs, fifteen chicks, eight guinea pigs, two stray puppies and fifteen rabbits - and one roe deer fawn. Tiny Bramble, eleven weeks old, was found semi-conscious in a field. Upon arrival at the sanctuary, Jasmine cuddled up to her to keep her warm, and then went into the full foster-mum role. Jasmine the greyhound showers Bramble the roe deer with affection, and makes sure nothing is matted.

[jimg]mo5f/z3/d/p/c/e/a.daa-Grayhound-as-Warwickshinire-.jpg[/jimg]

"They are inseparable," says Geoff. "Bramble walks between her legs, and they keep kissing each other. They walk together round the sanctuary. It's a real treat to see them."

[jimg]mo5f/z3/d/p/c/e/a.eaa-Grayhound-as-Warwickshinire-.jpg[/jimg]

Jasmine will continue to care for Bramble until she is old enough to be returned to woodland life. When that happens, Jasmine will not be lonely. She will be too busy showering love and affection on the next orphan or victim of abuse.

[jimg]mo5f/z3/d/p/c/e/a.faa-Grayhound-as-Warwickshinire-.jpg[/jimg]

Pictured from the left are:

"Toby", a stray Lakeland dog; "Bramble", orphaned roe deer; "Buster", a stray Jack Russell; a dumped rabbit; "Sky", an injured barn owl; and "Jasmine", with a mother's heart doing best what a caring mother would do...and such is the order of God' Creation. So you can pass this story on, and maybe make someone else's day to be just a little brighter!

Nuneaton, eh?
    Next town down the road from where I was born.
    Good story, Steven.
    Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

Now and then a picture comes along that displays the milk of human kindness to a T, and this is one of them.
    New York policeman Larry DePrimo was pictured handing a pair of boots to a barefoot man in Manhattan one wintry evening earlier this week.
    The image was posted on the NYPD's Facebook page and quickly went viral, so far clocking up close to 200,000 likes there alone.

[jimg]mzdd/z3/r/Y/f/e/a.baa-.jpg[/jimg]

The shot was taken by Jennifer Foster, who noticed the shoeless man begging for change during a visit to Times Square.
    In a post on the NYPD Facebook page, Foster writes: "Right when I was about to approach, one of your officers came up behind him. The officer said: 'I have these size 12 boots for you, they are all-weather. Let's put them on and take care of you.'
    "The officer squatted down on the ground and proceeded to put the socks and the new boots on this man. The officer expected NOTHING in return and did not know I was watching."
    DePrimo told Newsday: "I had two pairs of wool winter socks and combat boots, and I was cold."
    'I didn't think anything of it': DePrimo has been very modest about his act of kindness.
    He came across the man on Seventh Avenue near 44th Street and offered to buy him socks and shoes.
    "I never had a pair of shoes," the man replied.
    The 25-year-old, who has been on the force for three years, walked to a nearby shoe shop and spent $75 (46) on boots and socks.
    Returning to the man, he knelt down and helped him put the footwear on. DePrimo recalled: "He smiled from ear to ear. It was like you gave him a million dollars."