Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stand up to Cancer (add if you wish)

Default Re: Stand up to Cancer (add if you wish)

Quote Originally Posted by squirt View Post
    ... you just don't know how strong the will to live really is until you think you might not live!

Exactly... couldn't be said better !!!

it really good and every word is in love. it this a lovely poem. i love it

Hortysir,, I too feel so sorry for all that you have lost.

Squirt,, not fighting it,, well the first time they took a 2" wedge from the upper lobe of right lung and after that I was told I could never go through any type of surgery again as my lungs would not support me. So the second time it came back same lobe different area. I too said, "no Chemo for me". So I got out my will, went to the attorney, had everything updated and started to go places, do things as I felt nothing can be done. I was told I would have about 6 mos. +or- !!! Then I found out about the "Proton Radiation" treatment at the Loma Linda University Medical Hospital, also one of the biggest children's hospital in the area,, the doctor said it was the size of a quarter and he was going to set me up with 10 days treatment,, the actual treatment last about 2 minutes and after that 10 days it was totally gone. I go in every 6 months for CT Scans and so far I am now 2 years 7 months cancer free. (I had to leave Texas early from my vacation this past June, (Amarillo V.A. Texas, found something on the same lung and I come back home, went through another CT Scan, a PET Scan and it could not determine if cancer or not so I went through a biopsy (very painful) last month and all is good, so as they said above that evil monster didn't get me this time and I think I have closed his door to my house forever.

I love this thread, gives all a chance to let our feeling out,,

So this message if for you, you evil B*****D

as the Angels are looking over all of us

My Mom was a very strong active lady. Even at the age of 93 she was still doing the marketing (one of the things she loves to do)....she cooks...she sews...does gardening. She loves to travel and go places. Last year we had our family reunion where all her children were gathered together and even some of her grandchildren was present. My siblings from New York, Florida and Canada came home and spent a month here. We had our grand reunion at Boracay Beach. Mom and I went swimming and at 93 was a good swimmer. Last Jan 3 was her 94th birthday. We celebrated her birthday on Jan 5th together with a selected close friends and relatives. Mama was already very weak at that time...since she was barely eating for several months now she said she didn't have an appetite and is having difficulty swallowing. Brought her to different doctors...they did the whole blood chem and did not detect that there was something wrong with her liver (as her SGPT was normal). We thought that her lost of appetite was more of psychological rather than physical. Jan 7th she went home (she was staying at my brother's house) and did some gardening...pulled some weeds in our garden...an hour or 2 later she was complaining of severe stomach pain so we had to rush her to the hospital. They examined her and did an ultrasound of her stomach....the result was the start of my nightmare. They found several nodules of different sizes in her liver. They feared it is cancerous. I was devastated. Brought her to her regular doctor for a recheck and showed him the result of the ultrasound. He requested an MRI to make sure. But he pulled me away from my mom and repeated what the doctor at the emergency room said. He fears it is cancer and being it in the liver...she will deteriorate fast...we are talking of 6 months. My whole world collapsed but I have to put up a brave and happy face for my mom even as my heart wanted to cry out in pain. Had the MRI done the next day and my worst fear was confirmed because they did not let us go after the MRI of the abdomen was done...the attending doctor wanted to do a CT scan of the chest. All the while that I was waiting for her while she was having her MRI...I was talking to my sisters and crying with them. Brought the result of her MRI to an gastroenterologist for a 3rd opinion. More bad news...It is liver cancer stage 4 and when I asked with what he has seen .. how many months does she have. His reply was "You would be lucky if she had 3 months". I had to asked my sisters to come home as soon as possible within the week. 2 weeks after they arrived we have to rush Mama to the hospital where she stayed for a week. Had to bring her home after a week since there was nothing more they could do. She was no longer responding to any medications. On Feb 17 my mom passed away. 3 and a half months has passed and I am still in pain and in tears. Damn Cancer for taking my mom away!!

God Bless you and your family during this terrible time of your life, but remember, he always knows what is best.

Quote Originally Posted by homeinspec View Post
    God Bless you and your family during this terrible time of your life, but remember, he always knows what is best.
    My King...I know and yet it doesn't lessen the pain. Time is moving fast and yet the pain is as intense as it was the day I found out she had liver cancer. Waking up in the middle of the night....seeing her face....seeing her everywhere and suddenly remembering that she is gone and I burst into tears. When does it stop....when does the pain stops...when does the tears stop? I know she is happy where she is and I have accepted that. The pain of missing her is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Angels'mom View Post
    My King...I know and yet it doesn't lessen the pain. Time is moving fast and yet the pain is as intense as it was the day I found out she had liver cancer. Waking up in the middle of the night....seeing her face....seeing her everywhere and suddenly remembering that she is gone and I burst into tears. When does it stop....when does the pain stops...when does the tears stop? I know she is happy where she is and I have accepted that. The pain of missing her is the problem.
    I can relate to this so much, Angels'mom.

Saying a prayer for you that time will lessen the pain; same as I pray this for myself.
    Lost my dad just last month on the 23'rd. It was less than 2 weeks from the time he went to the E.R. to the time he passed, and the last thing they found was that he had Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. I'm just feel so blessed that it was quick, and he didn't suffer much.

Quote Originally Posted by !Keta View Post
    I can relate to this so much, Angels'mom.

Saying a prayer for you that time will lessen the pain; same as I pray this for myself.
    Lost my dad just last month on the 23'rd. It was less than 2 weeks from the time he went to the E.R. to the time he passed, and the last thing they found was that he had Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. I'm just feel so blessed that it was quick, and he didn't suffer much.

Thank you so much for your prayers and I will do the same for you and for everyone. Hugs.

RIP my Dear Friend , you will be missed so much by all that you have been in contact with. You have left us all a little better with your kindness

Thank you Manzy & Squirty

I also hate cancer......In 2011/2012 I lost a kidney because of cancer and between then and now I have lost my two baby sisters and my fav Aunt.

I am a survivor_____________but it doesn't make me like cancer at all.I Pray for everyone everyday......

Quote Originally Posted by sassypants View Post
    I also hate cancer......In 2011/2012 I lost a kidney because of cancer and between then and now I have lost my two baby sisters and my fav Aunt.

I am a survivor_____________but it doesn't make me like cancer at all.I Pray for everyone everyday......

So far I have 5 years 5 months cancer free but I still have a lot of what they call pre-cancerous leasions in my scalp, forehead and arms that I have to go in once a year to have frozen off and then apply a topical cream for several weeks a couple times between the freezing treatments. They just found one inside my upper lip that looks like it could be Melanoma Cancer and the Oral Surgeon is keeping a close watch on it. They just check it last month again and it is still benign and still same size so that is good news so far. Problem with that type of cancer once it takes hold it goes through the body very fast via the bone marrow. No treatment for it and Chemo and what have you don't faze it. That is the kind my Dad passed away with.

But like I say,, the Devel don't want me as I am too much competition for him, the Good Lord don't want me as I am too corrupted so looks like y'all are stuck with me,,,
    Last edited by KingHomie; 06-05-2016 at 05:35 PM.

Hey Sassy, all I get is a blank age when I bring this up.... ??

I am having trouble remembering the posting situation...I have *sometimerz*

we'll getcha back there!

Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

the official flower of the Canadian Cancer Society

I am still Cancer free, 6 years 2 months but who's counting? Me that's who!!!