Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unusual news stories,....(Feel free to add)

Default Re: Unusual news stories,....(Feel free to add)

Having a bad day? Woman hospitalised after porcupine embeds 200 spikes in her head.

How unlucky can you get?
    A Brazilian woman was hospitalised this week after a spiky porcupine fell from the sky and landed on her head.
    Housewife Sandra Nabucco was left in agony after the clumsy rodent embedded more than 200 of its sharp quills in her scalp.
    The porcupine apparently dropped from a telephone wire while the 52-year-old walked her dog in Gávea, an affluent neighbourhood south of Rio de Janeiro.
    ‘It was a huge shock. I felt a thud on my head and then felt spines with my hands. The pain was enormous,’ she told Brazlian TV network Globo.
    Surgeons used tweezers to remove the quills, but not before taking a picture for the rest of the world to see.
    Despite Ms Nabucco’s painful experience, at least she can be content in the knowledge she saved the animal’s life.
    ‘I am a strong woman; an old person or child would have died. I also care about the animals,’ she said.
    ‘I saved its life. He broke his fall on my head.’
    So if you’re having a bad day, at least a porcupine hasn’t fallen on your head (yet).

Ouch

Quills are vastly different from spikes! At least it wasn't an Australian drop bear!
    How can you ever be late for anything in London? They have 
a huge clock right in the middle 
of the town.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsalagi View Post
    Quills are vastly different from spikes! At least it wasn't an Australian drop bear!
    I googled this and it was quite a story about the drop bear, very interesting,,

I LOVE these stories...they make me feel so "normal"...no, make that superior! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Goodgrief View Post
    Then she got wiser and moved to another bedroom because she couldn't stand your farts anymore.
    Noooo.... she would scream that out too when I felt one coming on and then hold her head under the covers and let it rip! She thought I was even a bigger and better God.

Quote Originally Posted by muchtrouble10 View Post
    I LOVE these stories...they make me feel so "normal"...no, make that superior! lol
    Ha!... Ha!... Ha!... L.O.F.A.I.C.G.U. (laughing on floor and i can't get up) M.T. called herself Normal. Ok yes you are pumkin.

Quote Originally Posted by stevent222 View Post
    Ha!... Ha!... Ha!... L.O.F.A.I.C.G.U. (laughing on floor and i can't get up) M.T. called herself Normal. Ok yes you are pumkin.
    "Normal" is a relative term...I was comparing myself to these folks. lol At least I knew when I was pregnant, my children were the same color as my husband and myself, no animals have dropped out of the sky on to my head, and if I overeat biscuits, I might have three of four. Besides...I didn't say I WAS normal, only that these folks make me feel that way.

We used to have 2 porcupines who frequently visited our yard in search of food. I always warned our friends not to walk barefoot in the yard. Ah! But you know how some people don't take good advice... One of them ended up with a quill in her foot. Ouch! After giving her a few shots of Tequila and sterilizing the tweezers with more Tequila, I managed to get the quill out without having to dig too deep. The little hook at the end of a quill makes it very difficult to pull it out. Thank goodness the quill was a big one. It's the short ones that are really hard to remove because they can break easily.

Ouch,, I have never seen a porcupine and hope from what I hear about them that I never have an encounter with them if I do,,

Quote Originally Posted by homeinspec View Post
    Ouch,, I have never seen a porcupine and hope from what I hear about them that I never have an encounter with them if I do,,
    Porcupines are rather shy and do not attack people. If you see one, let it be. Contrary to old wives' tales, they do not throw their quills. They will, however, slap you with their tail if you get too close. What happened to the lady who got hit on the head is an incident rarer than a lightning bolt striking someone.

And every time your friend got thirsty, she would come over to your house barefooted, right?

T
    How can you ever be late for anything in London? They have 
a huge clock right in the middle 
of the town.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsalagi View Post
    And every time your friend got thirsty, she would come over to your house barefooted, right?

T
    Nah! She kept her shoes on, knowing I wouldn't waste Tequila for sterilizing...

Naked Man Walks Into A Bar With A Bag Of Sex Toys, Asks, 'What's The Problem?'
    [jimg]qduq/z3/I/I/S/e/a.baa-dslfg-hsli-s.li-fih-.lihf-.i.jpg[/jimg]

The joke was already set up when David Sherratt allegedly walked into a bar -- naked from the waist down, carrying a bag of sex toys -- and asked if anyone had a problem.

But the punch line never came -- Sherratt was arrested before he could fight anyone, which he allegedly attempted to do, according to The Mirror.

He appeared in a U.K. court Thursday after the Nov. 16 pub flub. Police say the 51-year-old waltzed into The White Hart bar in Tunstall "in a state of nakedness," and carrying a bag of dildos. He allegedly declared that he'd fight anyone who didn't like it.

"He turned to face the customers and said, 'If anyone has a problem with me they can take it outside,'" Prosecutor Steve Knowles said in a North Staffordshire court Thursday.

A bartender didn't even call cops until Sherratt walked out and allegedly approached a group of kids. That's when Sherratt admitted he "may have taken too much" amphetamine.

Officers reported finding the illegal amphetamines, clothing and dildos in the bag, the Stoke Sentinel reports. One of the clothing items was a jacket, which Sherratt admitted to stealing.

His attorney said that alcohol has been a problem for him, and that he took the drugs to get through the work day, SWNS reports.

"His offense has given him the opportunity to seek help to resolve his issues because he is shocked and concerned that he would have committed this type of offense, and his recollection of it is so vague and limited," Hayley Keegan said in court.

Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

Has Koni recently moved

Man Sends Penis Photo With Resume on Job Application, Charged with Misdemeanor

by Free Britney at March 31, 2014 9:42 am. Updated at March 31, 2014 9:47 am.Share on twitterShare on facebookShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services38

You won't believe this, but a Dallas man who sent a resume, job application, and photograph of his penis to a Texas company did not get the position.
    He is, however, in a precarious legal position as a result. He faces a misdemeanor charge for his trouble, as the recipients were apparently unamused.
    The man was hilariously applying for a position at Texas Workforce Solutions, a company devoted to, of all things, preparing clients for the workplace.
    When a 25-year-old employee of the organization received the guy's application and unique letter of recommendation (so to speak), she promptly called police.
    They tracked his application, which had been sent from a personal email and issued the man a ticket for "obscene display or distribution," a class C misdemeanor.
    A spokesperson for the Dallas Police Department confirmed this actually happened, and said that as far as he can tell, the man is still unemployed.
    "I think I know why he can't find a job," he reportedly told the Dallas Observer.
    Yeah. On a related note, we know why these people are unemployed, too ...

Quote Originally Posted by homeinspec View Post
    I googled this and it was quite a story about the drop bear, very interesting,,
    Drop bears... nasty critters. Damned tree huggers who stop forestry just allow these horrors to multiply:

Drop bears target tourists, study says - Australian Geographic

Bwaaaaaaaaaahahahaha Australia has more than it's fair share of weirdddddddddddddd headline news lmao

Quote Originally Posted by 01Aladdin View Post

Bwaaaaaaaaaahahahaha Australia has more than it's fair share of weirdddddddddddddd headline news lmao
    All right, I know you're going to spank me.... But I just can't resist saying that things like that happen when you spend your life hanging up-side down.

And here's why we have so many stupid headlines:

(NT = Northern Territory). They all a bit odd up there, it's the heat.

A message in a bottle that was thrown into the ocean in 1913 and recently found by a fisherman off the coast of Germany was returned to the sender's granddaughter.

"It was very surprising," said Angela Erdmann, 62, to The Guardian. "A man stood in front of my door and told me he had post from my grandfather. He then told me that a message in a bottle was found and that the name that was on the card was that of my grandfather."

The message, found last month by fisherman Konrad Fischer, is largely indecipherable. However, the name and address of the sender - Richard Platz - is still legible, as is his request that the message be forwarded back to him.

Platz wrote the postcard, thought to be the oldest message in a bottle in the world, when he was just 20 years old.

Erdmann never knew Platz, who died at age 54. But she had heard plenty of stories about the man from her mother, his daughter.

"I knew very little about my grandfather, but I found out that he was a writer who was very open minded, believed in freedom and that everyone should respect each other," she said. "He did a lot for the young and later traveled with his wife and two daughters. It was wonderful because I could see where my roots came from."

The postcard will be on display in a German museum.

Return to Sender: 101-Year-Old Message in a Bottle Finally Arrives | ABC News Blogs - Yahoo