Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: The Movie Review Thread

Default Re: The Movie Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
    i watched Keeping Up With The Joneses last night..not sure if it was because of the mood i was in or the movie itself...i was disappointed in it..it was like Mr & Mrs Bond meet Ozzie & Harriet..in all fairness it did have some funny bits and some action scenes..but did not live up to the hype in my opinion..2 1/2 stars out of 5

however last night was not a total waste of a movie night..i found War Room on TMN OnDemand
    now that is a great movie...
    was right on with her review of it..i found myself glued to the TV...lol
    i was both inspired and uplifted from it..5 out of 5 stars
    If a comedy doesn't keep you laughing its definetly the movie... Thanks for the review I'll pass, if I'm going to watch crude humor I want to LMAO like in The Hangover or Brides Maids, I wanna laugh...

I'm going to check out War Room I'm sure I can find it OnDemand and tomorrow is sorta my free day I only have the gym planned, no errands, no appts, no meetings This retirement life is work sometimes lol

I want to see Age of Adaline with Blake Lively a car accident prevents her from growing old.. It's on Amazon Video and I have a few more there in the queue lol I do the same thing with books, order them then they pile up I need to rectify that problem lol!

I'll let you know if anything new is worth reviewing.. We did watch Fences and it was long and a lot of dialog with Mista Denzel Washington it was good but long

Quote Originally Posted by Manzy View Post
    If a comedy doesn't keep you laughing its definetly the movie... Thanks for the review I'll pass, if I'm going to watch crude humor I want to LMAO like in The Hangover or Brides Maids, I wanna laugh...

I'm going to check out War Room I'm sure I can find it OnDemand and tomorrow is sorta my free day I only have the gym planned, no errands, no appts, no meetings This retirement life is work sometimes lol

I want to see Age of Adaline with Blake Lively a car accident prevents her from growing old.. It's on Amazon Video and I have a few more there in the queue lol I do the same thing with books, order them then they pile up I need to rectify that problem lol!

I'll let you know if anything new is worth reviewing.. We did watch Fences and it was long and a lot of dialog with Mista Denzel Washington it was good but long
    i seen Age of Adeline..it was pretty good..i enjoyed it...not my usual movie type but i give it 3 1/2 of 5 stars

i will have to watch for Fences..i dont mind a long movie as long as it is good..like forest Gump and the green Mile
    both very long movies but i didnt notice it because they were good movies

i will have to watch for Fences..i dont mind a long movie as long as it is good..like forest Gump and the green Mile
    both very long movies but i didnt notice it because they were good movies
    Two of my favorite movie have them both on DVD when movies are good the time fly's...

Last night I watched Phoenix Forgotten it creeped me out because it's based on a true story...

On March 13, 1997, several mysterious lights appeared over Phoenix. Three teens went into the desert shortly after the incident, hoping to document the strange events occurring in their town. They disappeared that night and were never seen again. Now, on the 20th anniversary of their disappearance, unseen footage has finally been discovered, chronicling the final hours of their fateful expedition.

thats looks interesting..i'll have to watch for it..thanks sis

Your most welcome Bro...

Last night watched Snatch LMAO

Dumped by her boyfriend on the eve of their vacation, impetuous dreamer Emily Middleton persuades her cautious mother, Linda, to accompany her on an exotic getaway to South America. Polar opposites, Emily and Linda must soon work through their differences to escape from a wildly outrageous and dangerous jungle adventure.

Thank you girlfriend for both reviews I love a good comedy lol!

Thank you all for the suggestions, I'll have to watch them all... lol

Well, as I like thrillers, I've watched a few older, but good ones...

The Girl with Dragon Tattoo (2011) with Daniel Craig. Several brutal sceens, and it's almost 2,5 hours long, but the story is good, I loved it.
    (Journalist Mikael Blomkvist is aided in his search for a woman who has been missing for forty years by Lisbeth Salander, a young computer hacker.)

Seeking Justice (2011) with Nicolas Cage. Recommending it, very good.
    (After his wife is assaulted, a husband enlists the services of a vigilante group to help him settle the score. Then he discovers they want a 'favor' from him in return.)

127 Hours (2010) Based on a true story.
    (An adventurous mountain climber becomes trapped under a boulder while canyoneering alone near Moab, Utah and resorts to desperate measures in order to survive.)

I also watched:
    A Cure for Wellness (2016) with Dane DeHaan. Drama, Fantasy, Horror.
    (An ambitious young executive is sent to retrieve his company's CEO from an idyllic but mysterious "wellness center" at a remote location in the Swiss Alps, but soon suspects that the spa's treatments are not what they seem.)

Brimstone (2016) with Dakota Fanning and Guy Pearce. I'm not realy reccomending it, cause it's dark, violent and not for the faint of heart, but the story grabs you from the beginning to the end, I couldn't stop watching. The acting was quite impressive.
    (A triumphant epic of survival and a tale of powerful womanhood and resistance against the unforgiving cruelty of a hell on earth. Our heroine is Liz (Dakota Fanning), carved from the beautiful wilderness, full of heart and grit, hunted by a vengeful Preacher (Guy Pearce) - a diabolical zealot and her twisted nemesis. But Liz is a genuine survivor; she's no victim - a woman of fearsome strength who responds with astonishing bravery to claim the better life she and her daughter deserve.)

That's it for now, just to say all those are not for kids...

tonight i watched Creed

great movie i thought 4/5 stars
    its a rocky spin off about Apollo Creed's illegitimate son

Just Saw "Gifted" with Chris Evans.... i think i can give it a 10/10 amazing movie, not my type of movie actually, i really don't watch these kinds of movies (have to go and do the "shamelessly admit" thread cos i have to shamelessly admit i watched it only for chris evans) but it got me by surprise how good it is. the kid, wow that little girl! is this some sort of new Dakota Fanning? loved her performance, she killed it, totally owned that movie.

Tnx for the suggestions...
    I watched Chips (2017) with Michael Pena and Dax Shepard... Action movie, but I actualy laughed loudly a couple of times.

Also, Wilson movie (2017) with Woody Harrelson...
    A lonely, neurotic and hilariously honest middle-aged man reunites with his estranged wife and meets his teenage daughter for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
    Also, Wilson movie (2017) with Woody Harrelson...
    A lonely, neurotic and hilariously honest middle-aged man reunites with his estranged wife and meets his teenage daughter for the first time.
    I'll have to check this one out thank you sweetie...

thank you all for the new suggestions..i'll have to watch for them..that Gifted sounds pretty cool

thank you all for the new suggestions..i'll have to watch for them..that Gifted sounds pretty cool
    I saw it and it's a good movie Bro...saw Chips too it will make you laugh out loud ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sexylady007 View Post
    I saw it and it's a good movie Bro...saw Chips too it will make you laugh out loud ...
    thanks sis..both are coming to TMN soon..i will be sure to watch them both

I just saw this movie tear jerker..That dog is amazing

The true life story of Megan Leavey, a young Marine corporal whose unique discipline and bond with a military combat dog saved many lives during her deployment in Iraq. Assigned to clean up the K-9 unit after a disciplinary hearing, Leavey starts to identify with Rex, a particularly aggressive dog that she trains. Over the course of their service, Megan and Rex complete more than 100 missions until an improvised explosive device injures both, putting their fates in jeopardy.

MEGAN LEAVEY

Quote Originally Posted by Sexylady007 View Post

I just saw this movie tear jerker..That dog is amazing

The true life story of Megan Leavey, a young Marine corporal whose unique discipline and bond with a military combat dog saved many lives during her deployment in Iraq. Assigned to clean up the K-9 unit after a disciplinary hearing, Leavey starts to identify with Rex, a particularly aggressive dog that she trains. Over the course of their service, Megan and Rex complete more than 100 missions until an improvised explosive device injures both, putting their fates in jeopardy.

MEGAN LEAVEY
    ​i cant wait till this one comes to TMN..it looks great..i watched Max a month ago and loved that movie

Thank you for all the reviews

Liberty - I've seen 127 hours amazing story
    The girl with the dragon tattoo we saw at the movies, hubby read the books
    We just saw CHIPS it was funny - we have Baywatch to watch next
    I haven't seen the others but will check them out

Laila - Meagan Leavy looks great

Creed was excellent RK!

and Gifted looks great will check out

this is the next movie i am going to watch..when i do i will review it