Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movie Review Thread

Default Re: The Movie Review Thread

Now that's the kind of Movie's I really enjoy watching & thank you for your review on it I have heard some talk about boy- hood & I already wanted to see it but now I want to see it even more....
    Did someone say
    I'm already there lol

Quote Originally Posted by Manzy View Post
    Hitchcock is my favorite director and the Birds is one of my fav's I think because I lived in Sonoma County for over 20 years I just got the feel of the movie as I've been to Bodega Bay many times plus whose to say Birds could possibly attack

Yes that's a great scene did you know Alfred Hitchcock makes a cameo in everyone of his movies, some are very creative especially Lifeboat since its all filmed in just one boat
    You've been to Bodega bay how cool is that as I was watching it yesterday I said isn't it a beautiful quaint little place...Now I will be looking for him when I watch his movies

Quote Originally Posted by Sexylady007 View Post
    Now that's the kind of Movie's I really enjoy watching & thank you for your review on it I have heard some talk about boy- hood & I already wanted to see it but now I want to see it more....
    Did someone say
    I'm already there lol

When a movie starts out with a boys on their stingray bikes riding on dirt trails its got my vote every time lol!

can't wait to hear what you thought about it too

Quote Originally Posted by Sexylady007 View Post
    You've been to Bodega bay how cool is that as I was watching it yesterday I said isn't it a beautiful quaint little place...Now I will be looking for him when I watch his movies

Yes I lived in Santa Rosa for over 20 years.. its about a 35 minute drive out to the coast and Bodega Bay is there.. On the way you can stop in the town of Bodega and see the schoolhouse although its been many years now I don't know what it would look like today.. The town in the movie was fixed up different than the place called Bodega Bay which is mainly a restaurant on the coast, but you can use your imagination as I always do and even look out for seagulls lol

You gotta see it once girlfriend lol! I get movies thru Netflix and in the mail and half the movies I rent are 2 stars not even knowing lol

American Sniper I'll definetly review and I will say is a MUST SEE!! just gives you so much more insight to our servicemen and the life of Chris Kyle
    I've done many things in my past sordid and extremely awesomely fun past life lol - but never the cuffs or ropes n stuff. The closest i ever came to tying someone up was a couple of curtain ties knotted in a loose single knot. She giggled n fell out of the "bonds".

Quote Originally Posted by 01Aladdin View Post

I've done many things in my past sordid and extremely awesomely fun past life lol - but never the cuffs or ropes n stuff. The closest i ever came to tying someone up was a couple of curtain ties knotted in a loose single knot. She giggled n fell out of the "bonds".

I'm with you on this I've never did anything other than some ties and that's putting it mildly when it comes to this book, I had to google some of stuff he had in the contract lol Im like WTF is that the book is pretty intense and what's funny is after seeing a picture of the author you would ever in a million years think she'd be the type to write books about BDSM it just goes to show you never know who does what behind closed doors and you may not want too lol

The author E.L. James

FL Fowler lol

next review is American Sniper

This movie was very heavy, intense and based on the life of Navy Seal Chris Kyle

He did 4 tours in Iraq... There's violence because that's what war is and the movie makes you feel like your going through what Chris went through
    its like your right there with him and the tension is all through out the movie, you get to love the friendships he has and you get to feel his emotions
    and his PTSD Clint Eastwood did an amazing job and Bradley Cooper should take the Oscar in my opinion the man is a genius. Its also about family
    and the times he calls his wife you can feel their NEED to be together, its really well done and probably one of my most top 5 favorite movies
    GO SEE American Sniper and bring the tissue at the end I caught myself sitting there with tears and a feeling of what just happened, it reels you in
    and it doesn't let go.. I rate this one 5 stars Well done Bradley and Clint

Well I will tell you I can't wait to see it & I already know it will make me cry also...I love Bradley Cooper& Clint Eastwood is just an amazing director I have seen other movies he has put together and I wasn't let down with any of the movies I've seen so far..... Thank you for your review ...Well done my friend

Beyond my tolerance as a "watcher". It's based in truth and that in my mind brings me into the movie and i'd feel that intensity too much. Like Hanibal Lector. The very idea of canibalism utterly horrifies me and makes those moves so far outside what i'd ever watch it's even now making me ill lol.

Where's the Smurf Movie can we have that instead? lmao

I have not seen The Smurf Movie but feel free to review if you'd like LOL!!

I liked it.

Not many others did.

I give stars.

No one else did lol.

next review Get on Up

The James Brown Music Bio

Tate Taylor’s excellent biographical film about the life and career of The Godfather of Soul James Brown, “Get On Up,”
    Starring Chadwick Boseman as Brown, and featuring a supporting cast of talented actors like Dan Aykroyd, Viola Davis, Nelsan Ellis,
    and Octavia Spencer, the film is beautifully composed, heartfelt, and a touching tribute to one of the greatest entertainers of all time.

We watched this last night.. Enjoyed it very much and never knew that much about his life especially the
    poverty as a child, living in a shack in the woods literallyto abusive parents to each other and him and how much
    he overcame going through that kind of life as a child...
    understanding his many wives and children, but
    his treatment to women wasn't always good and his time in prison.
    The actor who played him did his own dancing and
    some of the singing, he was amazing
    The movie is worth 3 good stars and a must see if your a fan of his music

My Favorite James Brown song

next review is American Sniper

This movie was very heavy, intense and based on the life of Navy Seal Chris Kyle

He did 4 tours in Iraq... There's violence because that's what war is and the movie makes you feel like your going through what Chris went through
    its like your right there with him and the tension is all through out the movie, you get to love the friendships he has and you get to feel his emotions
    and his PTSD Clint Eastwood did an amazing job and Bradley Cooper should take the Oscar in my opinion the man is a genius. Its also about family
    and the times he calls his wife you can feel their NEED to be together, its really well done and probably one of my most top 5 favorite movies
    GO SEE American Sniper and bring the tissue at the end I caught myself sitting there with tears and a feeling of what just happened, it reels you in
    and it doesn't let go.. I rate this one 5 stars Well done Bradley and Clint

all of Clint's movies are intense! He's an amazing director. I can't wait to see this but will probably wait & rent it. I hate going to the theatre & watching sad movies LOL
    I just watched "The Fault Of Our Stars" last night. (It came on HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    all of Clint's movies are intense! He's an amazing director. I can't wait to see this but will probably wait & rent it. I hate going to the theatre & watching sad movies LOL
    I just watched "The Fault Of Our Stars" last night. (It came on HBO)
    Thanks for the tip I watched it yesterday on HBO and needed this lol :tissue:

Both actors played in Divergent together it was pretty cool

next review the movie Wild

This was the one and only movie I went to the theater by myself lol
    I really enjoyed it! and I love Reese Witherspoon as an actress
    The story is about Cheryl Strayed who goes on a thousand mile hike on the Pacific Crest Trail from California to Washington
    to find herself after a loss in her life. I couldn't even imagine walking that far but the truth is you can do anything you
    set your mind to, although walking alone I would be scared lol mainly of critters.. Reese pulled it off on this one and carried
    a 65lb back pack and met up with a few things along the way.. I highly recommend Wild not to mention the
    Beautiful Pacific Northwest Scenery, you'll get a little taste of
    where I live I give it a strong 3 stars