Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movie Review Thread

Default Re: The Movie Review Thread

I don't think I've heard of this movie.....but will keep my eye out for it!

I JUST WATCHED "War Horse" (2011)
    War Horse is a 2011 American war drama film directed by Steven Spielberg. It is an adaptation of British author Michael Morpurgo's 1982 children's novel of the same name set before and during the First World War.
    It will make you laugh and cry and let you know how they treated animals during WWI, very awesome between the Germans & American. I for one will never forget this movie.

P.S. During the barbwire sceen no horse was hurt. I had to wait unil the ending to read that cause was just about to turn it off cause it was really sad just happy I didn't.

Last edited by stevent222; 02-28-2015 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Added the P.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I don't think I've heard of this movie.....but will keep my eye out for it!
    its good Deb especially if your a Reese fan you take the journey with her and the hike lol

Quote Originally Posted by stevent222 View Post
    I JUST WATCHED "War Horse" (2011)
    War Horse is a 2011 American war drama film directed by Steven Spielberg. It is an adaptation of British author Michael Morpurgo's 1982 children's novel of the same name set before and during the First World War.
    It will make you laugh and cry and let you know how they treated animals during WWI, very awesome between the Germans & American. I for one will never forget this movie.

P.S. During the barbwire sceen no horse was hurt. I had to wait unil the ending to read that cause was just about to turn it off cause it was really sad just happy I didn't.

I loved War Horse amazing movie goes to show horses go to war too, thanks for the review Steven I'll have to watch this one again

Dear Manzy

I rented boy-hood today will be back much later on to let you know what I thought of it....

Okay here's what I liked about the film I enjoyed watching them all age & going through every stage of their life's but I kept wanting something exciting to happen...
    it was a okay movie but would I watch it again maybe not....a little to slow for my taste... the father in the movie reminded me of Ron lol

You mean Ethan Hawke? He was my favorite character in the movie lol I like your Ron already

The movie was a little slow it did take 12 years to make <--groaner lol

The story took me in and I was hooked, I didn't like her second husband what a jerk! and the ending was different but I enjoyed watching them age as well

Last night we watched Fury with Brad Pitt about WW2 I think I jumped off the couch a few times with the sound effects in the war zone, it was a strong movie
    but it was about war so it was violent, but it was hubbys turn to pick so we watched

I'm having The Judge come next.. Didn't you see that one girlfriend, any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Manzy View Post
    You mean Ethan Hawke? He was my favorite character in the movie lol I like your Ron already

The movie was a little slow it did take 12 years to make <--groaner lol

The story took me in and I was hooked, I didn't like her second husband what a jerk! and the ending was different but I enjoyed watching them age as well

Last night we watched Fury with Brad Pitt about WW2 I think I jumped off the couch a few times with the sound effects in the war zone, it was a strong movie
    but it was about war so it was violent, but it was hubbys turn to pick so we watched

I'm having The Judge come next.. Didn't you see that one girlfriend, any thoughts?
    I Already Watched the Judge & I loved it good movie And yes Ethan Hawke when Ron was younger he had that GTO that was in the movie & he is a lot like that guy ...
    I couldn't stand the second one either...

Let me recommend an awesome movie to watch I loved it so much I went out and bought it talking about action packed bad a$$ movie
    the Equalizer with Denzel Washington... OMG I was like saying over & over again OMG....Denzel played an awesome character he had me shaking my head saying wow what a guy....

if & when you watch it let me know what you thought....You won't be let down I give this movie 4 stars....

Last edited by Sexylady007; 03-15-2015 at 11:23 PM.

is that the one where Denzel meets that girl in the cafe.... I didn't expect to see what was coming next lol! YES!! Great movie and he was BAD ASS!! I always love a good Denzel flick! my fav or his was Training Day also with our beloved Ethan Hawke lol! Good one girlfriend and thanks for the reminder I did see it and hubby loved it too

Quote Originally Posted by Manzy View Post
    is that the one where Denzel meets that girl in the cafe.... I didn't expect to see what was coming next lol! YES!! Great movie and he was BAD ASS!! I always love a good Denzel flick! my fav or his was Training Day also with our beloved Ethan Hawke lol! Good one girlfriend and thanks for the reminder I did see it and hubby loved it too
    Yes it was of him in the cafe. yep my hubby loved it too...Another one I love of Denzel is Man on fire.. I have a library of Movies in my home hubby is a collector of good movies lol... your most welcome sweetie

Very Nice I have a library too love a good movie... I also have some unopened and when I go through my movies I saw oh I really need to watch that one lol I also like classics, like Caged or All about Eve or Mildred Pierce. Something else we have in common, we're always finding something new As we talked about in the creation thread I just saw John Wick the other day Point Break was on the surfer movie with Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze gotta love a good Swayze movie too, thanks for adding to the thread I need to add Foxcatcher I just have to think about that one it was good but different and not everyone's cup of tea, I like to add's movies I think many would enjoy

next review is Foxcatcher

Steve Carrell plays Eccentric billionare tycoon John Dupont who is a wresting coach for the team Foxcatcher
    Based on a true story... He coachs two brothers played by Tatum Channing and Mark Ruffalo
    I have to say the makeup they used on Steve Carrell was amazing and boy did he play an eccentric to the max.
    Tatum Channing's actor was Brillant I've never seen him play a beaten down wrestler
    who was an Olympic Gold Medalist more authentically.
    Mark Ruffalo plays his brother and was at his finest and I highly recommend
    the movie just to learn about the history and the coach and his wrestlers.. There were
    plenty of twists and turns and the estate alone is worth a view..
    I give it 3 1/2 stars and you'll know why Steve Carrell was up for an
    Oscar I've only seen him in comedy til this movie came along

next review is the movie The Gift

Jason Bateman and Rebecca Hall (from The Town) play a married couple who has everything right going for them
    a chance encounter brings an old classmate into the mix and the story evolves from there. A deep dark secret
    unwinds giving us twists, turns, thrills, (I jumped out of my seat in one scene and so did a few in the theater lol)
    It has your attention all through out the movie, We loved it and highly recommend it, I definetly give it 4 stars
    A psychological thriller that works! The Director Joel Edgarton also stars in the movie as the classmate, EXCELLENT! performance
    Go see this one

Hoping to go next weekend to see this one ↑
    was going this weekend but so much has happened this week that it wasn't possible

Have you seen "Southpaw" yet?

I want to see the gift also look's like it would keep me on the edge of my seat...Thank you manzy for the review

It didnt work
    Last edited by likeaneagle; 08-19-2015 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Hoping to go next weekend to see this one ↑
    was going this weekend but so much has happened this week that it wasn't possible

Have you seen "Southpaw" yet?
    No but I heard thats a good one too.. Straight outta Compton got good reviews too

I know you couldn't go hope everything is ok now...

Let me know how you like the movie I'm pretty sure you will

Quote Originally Posted by Sexylady007 View Post
    I want to see the gift also look's like it would keep me on the edge of my seat...Thank you manzy for the review
    Your very welcome gf... It will keep you guessing thats for SURE

Quote Originally Posted by likeaneagle View Post
    It didnt work
    What didn't work