Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movie Review Thread

Default Re: The Movie Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Manzy View Post

Okay a couple people thought it would be fun to have a thread like this... Please feel free to add or share so those in search of a good movie can get some input.. It's all for fun so no controversy or critics reviews just our own.

I'll start off with the movie I saw yesterday 50 Shades of Grey

I read 2 of the books so was excited to see the movie, the theater was mainly couples and a few ladies by themselves

The build up it was good and Dakota Johnson did a good job of playing the innocent Anastasia Steel the actor who played Christian Grey I feel was a bit stiff, I imagine its hard to play a dark character though (I would of rather had Charlie Hunnam have played Mr Grey though) Anyway the movie rolled right along you really start to get caught up in it, she thinks they are developing a relationship whilst he doesn't do relationships he does The Red Room. The Seattle scenes his office/home were wealthy high rise buildings very beautiful. There is a lot of tension and anticipation because you know the Red Room is coming, those scenes were as my hubby says HOT except for the last scene we both felt it was a bit much. Without giving to much away I would give it 2 1/2 stars.. If you want to see the most talked about movie ever go see Greys lol or wait for the blu-ray if you would prefer to watch at home. I wasn't the least bit uncomfortable and there was some comedy in it and laughs out loud. Ok one pick up line was cheesey lol! and there IS Nudity

I loved the books, but I was disapointed in the actor they chose for Grey, I thought they could've found somebody sexier I think ohhh maybe if Patrick Dempsey or Dermot Mulroney played the part of Christian Grey, or even Gerald Butler or Channing Tatum or even that guy who played Mcsteamy on Greys Anatomy lol anyway, you know what I mean, he just didn't seem the sexual God type aka he didn't make me believe it lol Great movie though...

I thought you'd reviewed "Noah", but since you haven't I will! lol
    it is a biblical story, but it's been dramatized, and quite well I might add!
    Russel Crowe does a fantastic job of playing Noah, Emma Watson plays his "adopted" daughter, with Anthony Hopkins playing Noah's sage grandfather
    it kept me glued to my seat, and that's not easy to do! lol
    I found myself rooting for them, even though I know the story!
    I may be a little generous with the stars, but I give this movie 5 stars!

Quote Originally Posted by sexysadie View Post
    I loved this movie, kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time lol I love movies that treat you with a twist at the end
    me too!! and not many movies do that..

Quote Originally Posted by sexysadie View Post
    I loved the books, but I was disapointed in the actor they chose for Grey, I thought they could've found somebody sexier I think ohhh maybe if Patrick Dempsey or Dermot Mulroney played the part of Christian Grey, or even Gerald Butler or Channing Tatum or even that guy who played Mcsteamy on Greys Anatomy lol anyway, you know what I mean, he just didn't seem the sexual God type aka he didn't make me believe it lol Great movie though...
    No no no!! lol originally Charlie Hunnam from Sons of Anarchy was signed up to play Christian Grey then he bowed out because he had to much going on.. I love Patrick Dempsey McSteamy on Greys Anatomy but Charlie would of been perfect

Quote Originally Posted by squirt View Post
    I thought you'd reviewed "Noah", but since you haven't I will! lol
    it is a biblical story, but it's been dramatized, and quite well I might add!
    Russel Crowe does a fantastic job of playing Noah, Emma Watson plays his "adopted" daughter, with Anthony Hopkins playing Noah's sage grandfather
    it kept me glued to my seat, and that's not easy to do! lol
    I found myself rooting for them, even though I know the story!
    I may be a little generous with the stars, but I give this movie 5 stars!

No never saw it actually never heard of it but I will have to check it out lol! Love all the actors you mentioned and know the story at least about the Ark
    I'm curious now lol! Thanks for the share...

Next review is for a movie we watched last night called JOY
    LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!! Jennifer Lawrence plays Joy the lady who invented the Miracle Mop
    I know it sounds boring but I couldn't stop watching and wished it never ended
    Excellent Cast! and I didn't recognize her mother at first, you'll know what I mean when you see it
    I love a movie when I woman goes after what she wants!!
    It's def worth a view I give it **** stars!! EnJOY the show

Any suggestions for a good scary movie for Halloween month please share

Thanks for the tips, some of them I saw, some are still to see...

Here are a few movies I saw in last month or so, that made some impression on me..

- The Martian
    - Life of Pi (This movie was recommended to me... first 10-15 minutes - nothing spectacular.. but later... )
    - The Resident
    - End of Watch
    - Now you see me
    - The Grey
    - The Road

I'll think of more later..

But real impressions made some of the series...

- Number 1: Breaking Bad - AWESOME!

I also saw Better call Saul, which is a spin-off prequel of Breaking Bad... also very good.

Series are nowadays much better than the movies...

I also saw and reccomend:
    - True Detectives...
    - Fargo

If you havent seen them. you must...

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty View Post

Here are a few movies I saw in last month or so, that made some impression on me..

- The Martian
    - Life of Pi (This movie was recommended to me... first 10-15 minutes - nothing spectacular.. but later... )
    - The Resident
    - End of Watch
    - Now you see me
    - The Grey
    - The Road

Hi Liberty Doll I've seen all those except "Now you see me and The Resident I'll have to check them out - I bought The Grey loved it and all the others were great movies

The TV series Breaking Bad was bad ass it completely its final season some time ago here

True Detective only lasted 2 seasons and it got confusing to me but it was great when I figured out what was going on..
    I heard Fargo was great watched a couple epi's there's a show called The Affair that's suppose to be good. The Walking Dead this season is off the charts it's insanely satisfying but grueling lol Thanks for posting - keep sharing

Dear...

I'm also watching The Walking Dead, The more it goes on, the less it has to do something with zombies... Btw, Negan aka Jeffrey Dean Morgan is staring in The Resident.. Those sexy, psycho roles does suit him...

And about Fargo - There are two seasons, third will have a premiere in spring... but the first season with Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman, is a must see...

Dear...

I'm also watching The Walking Dead, The more it goes on, the less it has to do something with zombies... Btw, Negan aka Jeffrey Dean Morgan is staring in The Resident.. Those sexy, psycho roles does suit him...

And about Fargo - There are two seasons, third will have a premiere in spring... but the first season with Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman, is a must see...
    OOOOH Yes I love me some Jeffrey Dean Morgan LOL!! his Neagan character is the scariest but oh so sexy! that barbed wire bat has got to goooooo

I like Billy Bob I'll have to check that out along with the Resident

- The Martian
    - The Resident
    - End of Watch
    - Now you see me
    - The Grey
    - The Road

we found "Life of Pi" quite by accident, but stayed by choice ... great movie!

Just Watched the Movie called I.T. it had me on the edge of my seat very exciting a must see for sure..
    Pierce Brosnan plays the lead guy in the movie ..

After watching this movie I know I would never want to live in a smart home that's a home that's high tech Oh Hell 2 the No lol
    Last edited by Sexylady007; 11-26-2016 at 10:56 AM.

I watched Sully last night...

Tom Hanks brings dignity to the role of pilot Chesley Sullenberger while Clint Eastwood directs with cool efficiency.

On Jan. 15, 2009, Capt. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger (Tom Hanks) tries to make an emergency landing in New York's Hudson River after US Airways Flight 1549 strikes a flock of geese. Miraculously, all of the 155 passengers and crew survive the harrowing ordeal, and Sullenberger becomes a national hero...

Good movie

i watched Miracles From Heaven a True Story last night on TMN (the movie network )
    a must see in my opinion
    a little girl has an incurable stomach disease and falls 3 stories down into a hollow tree
    thats all i can say without spoiling it

Quote Originally Posted by Sexylady007 View Post
    Just Watched the Movie called I.T. it had me on the edge of my seat very exciting a must see for sure..
    Pierce Brosnan plays the lead guy in the movie ..

After watching this movie I know I would never want to live in a smart home that's a home that's high tech Oh Hell 2 the No lol

I thought I responded to this Thanks girlfriend will have to check this gotta love some Pierce Brosnan

Quote Originally Posted by Sexylady007 View Post
    I watched Sully last night...

Tom Hanks brings dignity to the role of pilot Chesley Sullenberger while Clint Eastwood directs with cool efficiency.

On Jan. 15, 2009, Capt. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger (Tom Hanks) tries to make an emergency landing in New York's Hudson River after US Airways Flight 1549 strikes a flock of geese. Miraculously, all of the 155 passengers and crew survive the harrowing ordeal, and Sullenberger becomes a national hero...

Good movie

this is on my must see list we get our movies through the mail with Netflix this one doesn't come out til the 28th..
    Cant wait to see it heard its good too.. Bad Moms came today will watch that next with Mila Kunis

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
    i watched Miracles From Heaven a True Story last night on TMN (the movie network )
    a must see in my opinion
    a little girl has an incurable stomach disease and falls 3 stories down into a hollow tree
    thats all i can say without spoiling it
    I heard this was good too I will look for it on the premium channels Thank you RK

Miracles from Heaven is a good one too, a little girl has an incurable disease and has a freak accident no spoilers either lol