Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movie Review Thread

Default The Movie Review Thread

Okay a couple people thought it would be fun to have a thread like this... Please feel free to add or share so those in search of a good movie can get some input.. It's all for fun so no controversy or critics reviews just our own.

I'll start off with the movie I saw yesterday 50 Shades of Grey

I read 2 of the books so was excited to see the movie, the theater was mainly couples and a few ladies by themselves

The build up it was good and Dakota Johnson did a good job of playing the innocent Anastasia Steel the actor who played Christian Grey I feel was a bit stiff, I imagine its hard to play a dark character though (I would of rather had Charlie Hunnam have played Mr Grey though) Anyway the movie rolled right along you really start to get caught up in it, she thinks they are developing a relationship whilst he doesn't do relationships he does The Red Room. The Seattle scenes his office/home were wealthy high rise buildings very beautiful. There is a lot of tension and anticipation because you know the Red Room is coming, those scenes were as my hubby says HOT except for the last scene we both felt it was a bit much. Without giving to much away I would give it 2 1/2 stars.. If you want to see the most talked about movie ever go see Greys lol or wait for the blu-ray if you would prefer to watch at home. I wasn't the least bit uncomfortable and there was some comedy in it and laughs out loud. Ok one pick up line was cheesey lol! and there IS Nudity

Default Re: The Movie Review Thread

Thank you dear Manzy for your review on this movie & you did a darn good job too may I add in how you worded it all I knew you would be good at this....

Quote Originally Posted by Sexylady007 View Post
    Thank you dear Manzy for your review on this movie & you did a darn good job too may I add in how you worded it all I knew you would be good at this..

Awww thank you, its hard to word it sometimes so you don't give to much away lol

Someone gave me the book a long time ago. I've made several attempts to read it... gave up ont hem all and chose to randomly open pages and try to read those.

It's absolute tripe n giblets and i've not been able to read through 3 consecutive pages.

As i understand it from the talk of others, the story is about a woman who's self esteem isn't the best who becomes attracted to and manipulated by an abusive man. I'm sorry, i do not understand why this is considered erotic. The reality of such a thing is that she'd likely end up dead or broken. It's unlikely i'll ever watch the movie, but if it crosses my TV screen i'll take a peek.

Quote Originally Posted by 01Aladdin View Post
    Someone gave me the book a long time ago. I've made several attempts to read it... gave up ont hem all and chose to randomly open pages and try to read those.

It's absolute tripe n giblets and i've not been able to read through 3 consecutive pages.

As i understand it from the talk of others, the story is about a woman who's self esteem isn't the best who becomes attracted to and manipulated by an abusive man. I'm sorry, i do not understand why this is considered erotic. The reality of such a thing is that she'd likely end up dead or broken. It's unlikely i'll ever watch the movie, but if it crosses my TV screen i'll take a peek.
    I will not watch the movie with a 2 1/2 star rating myself I wouldn't waste my time on it & I am not into that kind of life style I think as all movies it's a lot of hype...
    That's why I love this thread so we all can see if it would be worth watching.....
    I can't wait to see what Manzy think's about American sniper....

Merican Sniper looks good... but too violent for me. I won't be able to watch something that realistic about such a brutal subject.

Having said that, the brutality and gore of Starship Troopers was different lol - it's the realistic and believable stuff that disturbs me.

American Sniper - Official Trailer 2 [HD]

The first book of 50 Shades was good, the 2nd & 3rd got a little boring at times, mainly because they had to throw a little suspense in there. But you do find out why he is the way he is.
    You know the movies are never as good as the books are. I'll probably wait until it comes on DirecTV PPV......besides.......the theatres were sold out weeks ago around here lol

Merican Sniper looks good... but too violent for me. I won't be able to watch something that realistic about such a brutal subject.

Having said that, the brutality and gore of Starship Troopers was different lol - it's the realistic and believable stuff that disturbs me.
    War is and always has been disturbing but their are people who would like to see first hand what both side's have gone through to help them better understand the whole thing...
    I heard that their wasn't a dry eye coming out of the theater so it must of been very touching.....

i have not seen the film or read the books but i saw the trailer.
    it is never a punisment to watch jamie dornan.
    duh, he was the reason why i watched, once upon a time, where he was the huntsman, and a serial killer in the fall.

in both roles he looked pretty manly and rough

but in 50 shades he looks so clean cut babyfaced and still wet behind his ears.

he IS very handsome

The books go back and forth between the two of them basically arguing... he gets jealous she gets jealous etc etc the movie doesn't show a lot of that thank goodness

The erotic parts are most about the red room, he's abusive/manilpulative as a dominant but only if she consents that's why there is a contract involved, its not everyones cup of tea and I was one of the ones who was interested in finding out about what this trashy romance novel was all about, the author definetly brought up something usually unspoken of and who knows what goes on in someones bedroom... nothing wrong with hand cuffs and a blindfold once a year to liven things up lol

I will not watch the movie with a 2 1/2 star rating myself I wouldn't waste my time on it & I am not into that kind of life style I think as all movies it's a lot of hype...
    That's why I love this thread so we all can see if it would be worth watching.....
    I can't wait to see what Manzy think's about American sniper....
    You gotta see it once girlfriend lol! I get movies thru Netflix and in the mail and half the movies I rent are 2 stars not even knowing lol

American Sniper I'll definetly review and I will say is a MUST SEE!! just gives you so much more insight to our servicemen and the life of Chris Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by LilMissPurrfect View Post
    i have not seen the film or read the books but i saw the trailer.
    it is never a punisment to watch jamie dornan.
    duh, he was the reason why i watched, once upon a time, where he was the huntsman, and a serial killer in the fall.

in both roles he looked pretty manly and rough

but in 50 shades he looks so clean cut babyfaced and still wet behind his ears.

he's very clean shaven in 50 shades because Christian Grey is a millionaire business man

he's HOTTER in this pic LMP! LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manzy View Post
    You gotta see it once girlfriend lol! I get movies thru Netflix and in the mail and half the movies I rent are 2 stars not even knowing lol

American Sniper I'll definetly review and I will say is a MUST SEE!! just gives you so much more insight to our servicemen and the life of Chris Kyle
    I have Netflix too & I'm a member at are local family video store because we love watching movies I Just watched the Birds by Alfred Hitchcock's Because Omar got the movie for me as a gift for Christmas & you know what I notice this time watching it That in the beginning of the movie Alfred Hitchcock walks out of the pet shop with two poodles I never noticed that before...

Manzy I watched Jamie Dornan on the tonight show, he looks so much sexier with the beard
    Laila I watched "The Birds" the other night. I love some of the old movies! I watch TCM a lot

I have Netflix too & I'm a member at are local family video store because we love watching movies I Just watched the Birds by Alfred Hitchcock's Because Omar got the movie for me as a gift for Christmas & you know what I notice this time watching it That in the beginning of the movie Alfred Hitchcock walks out of the pet shop with two poodles I never noticed that before...

Hitchcock is my favorite director and the Birds is one of my fav's I think because I lived in Sonoma County for over 20 years I just got the feel of the movie as I've been to Bodega Bay many times plus whose to say Birds could possibly attack

Yes that's a great scene did you know Alfred Hitchcock makes a cameo in everyone of his movies, some are very creative especially Lifeboat since its all filmed in just one boat

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Manzy I watched Jamie Dornan on the tonight show, he looks so much sexier with the beard
    Laila I watched "The Birds" the other night. I love some of the old movies! I watch TCM a lot
    Yes he does to bad he didn't have a beard in Shades lol

TCM has some of the best classics

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    The first book of 50 Shades was good, the 2nd & 3rd got a little boring at times, mainly because they had to throw a little suspense in there. But you do find out why he is the way he is.
    You know the movies are never as good as the books are. I'll probably wait until it comes on DirecTV PPV......besides.......the theatres were sold out weeks ago around here lol

skimming through the books again they were pretty dark and he was more demanding than the movie portrayed which may of been a good thing... There's been a few funny posters circulating around here's one of them lol

next review is Boyhood

I loved it and the director is up for an Oscar which he def deserves..(Arquette and Hawke are up for an Oscar as well)
    It took 12 years to film, as he used the same actors in a 12 year span It's about a divorced family and there life trials..
    Patricia Arquette is the mom and Ethan Hawke is the carefree dad he was my favorite and the director Richard Linklater
    cast his own daughter Lorelei Linklater and Ellar Coltrane as the son. It starts off in the 70's and just evolves from there
    Its a 3 hour movie so make sure you have plenty of popcorn I rate it 3.5 stars... It's just feels so genuine
    and what the mom goes through to raise her kids right.. I enjoyed it very much