Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to add text to an animated gif

Default Re: How to add text to an animated gif

Quote Originally Posted by kipper View Post
    You can't do this then?....

Your too much LOL

oki doki will play around with some,,,

I hope Maddy isn't too sore and recovers quickly so she can get out three and play with the other baby,,

Quote Originally Posted by kipper View Post
    You can't do this then?....

not even if I ate a year's worth of fiber lol

I got this far, I'm sure I could sort the rest! lol

[jimg]ri9k/z3/4/u/5/e/4u5ea.baa.1-rolling-text.gif[/jimg]

While interesting, this thread has strayed from its title. I have no complaint with that, but I hope not to see a different (though related) tutorial in this thread.

Manzy, if you do produce the instructions that Homie has requested, please do that in a new thread with a title to say what it is about so Homie can easily find it again. We all understand that he may want to! I am more than twenty years younger than hes is, but already my memory seems to be full - I am increasingly finding the ability to add something new without losing something older that previously I would have found it easily to recall.

By the way Manzy, my approach to tackling a "Challenge" (though I haven't yet done that for a variety of reasons) would be different from from yours (yours IS equally valid - as you have said many times there are LOTS of different ways to do almost anything in PSP). I would start by opening an existing picture that I wanted to use as my background (either from my own collection [currently none] or from a search on the web), crop and / or resize that, and save that background with a new name to describe what I was trying to create. THEN I would open the .png from the challenge and possibly resize that (larger or smaller) according to what I had in mind. I would "copy" (rather than your "cut" - both would do the same thing), then "paste as new layer" so I could move it to my chosen position. After that, the possibilities are endless, such as adding other tubes, animating some or all of it, using other effects such as glitter or waves, and finally adding text (if desired).

I am sure that everyone in the Roo has their own approach to something like that, but perhaps Homie may find some of mine appropriate to his ideas - I am thinking of his creation last year where he started with a camp fire, added himself and Country and some other things.

no, it hasn't really ... it's still about putting text on an animation, that particular *rolling* text effect is called "marquee" and can be found in "INSERT TEXT EFFECT" or "APPLY TEXT EFFECT"

Thank you for your input Geoff although I'm not sure why you are concerned about other instructions being put in here Homie asked me a question and I answered just something basic as I had to leave and go pick up my dog. I wasn't going to start a new thread about it and I have no worries about this one getting lost, not much is posted in this section and Homie has a link to it from his profile or it could be made into a sticky.. And yes there are many different ways to do things in PSP also paste as a new selection allows you to move the PNG around as well. I never got around to the resizing etc just wrote up something to get him started. If this thread strays from its title it's ok too that tells me it's helping people. I also know that I'm not the best at PSP and I do a lot of things differently than others but It still works and it helped Homie get text to animation and all that matters is that someone same forward to offer some help.

Ok. I just thought that your answer would likely go into some depth about other aspects than inserting text. I am sure this thread will be easy to find when he wants a refresher on inserting text, I just thought your answer might be something he might want to look for without associating it in his mind with text. You and Squirt both seem to think the same way, so I guess I read more into what you said than you meant.

As I've said time and time again If you need help or advice I'm only a pm away, as Manzy and Squirt and a few more have done. But I need people to be specific in what they're trying to achieve, I may not be brilliant but I will do all I can to assist, don't be afraid to ask I don't bite...

I want to say to manzy that I truly appreciate your always coming to my aide when I ask questions and that this thread was a blessing in disguise. You had seen me asking for help here in the threads and when no one else came forward you did and Squirty always came in and gave her tips.

I just feel that many people read these threads and yet I am expected to PM them when it is already here. In the past I did PM some people and never got a response so gave up on that idea and stuck with the threads. No disrespect to anyone but I thought these threads were a place to also learn from one another with out having to go outside of them.

I am so sorry this thread has come to this. First let me say this, I do not know most of you as much as other's do. I have always tried to learn PSP and Animation and I have gone back to Essex's Tutorials many times but since the "almost breakup" of the Roo some time back a lot of the things he and others posted have become the black "X" box so makes it impossible for me to look back and refresh my memory.

I do not think this thread has gone astray because others have given their input, it is a help to us that are trying to learn to see how you all do it. I am sure there are a lot of guest that come here and possibly follow some of our threads and are learning from what you all post in the threads. So it is helping more than just me.

I do not mind if there are other Tutorials in this thread as it gives us one place to come to and we can scan through it knowing there is something here that may be what we need for that moment. If you have a separate thread for each tutorial then they can get scattered through out the creative corner threads and would be very difficult to find what you might be looking for.

Finally it seems this thread has met it's demise with one Tutorial and that is a shame. I also hope I have not offended anyone, if so please PM me.

OK my Princess' and Knight's,, lets get back to what the name of this Forum is called,, Jokeroo, laugh and have a good time and thank god we can learn from each other,,,

The King now retires to his Chambers to do some playing in the Roo AND some PSP & Animation!!!!

Dear Manzy ~ this has been a great thread to help the 'King' ~ and all credit to you ~ I have read through all the posts here, and have to say, that for someone who has problems with adding text to an animation ~ it really is a great tut. ~ good for you dear lady.

thx, Squirty, there is another one I had forgotten all about,, now two people have given some tutorials to this site and I don't think they have to be restricted to just adding text,, so many more talented people out there that could submit their favorite tut's and a lot more of us would benefit greatly from all of your generosity :

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff_the_Beard View Post
    Ok. I just thought that your answer would likely go into some depth about other aspects than inserting text. I am sure this thread will be easy to find when he wants a refresher on inserting text, I just thought your answer might be something he might want to look for without associating it in his mind with text. You and Squirt both seem to think the same way, so I guess I read more into what you said than you meant.
    Good thought Geoff for those of you that are at intermediate or above stages in this kinds of stuff but for those of us that don't know the difference between a gif, tube, png or what have you, it would be getting too much to try to learn in a moment,,

possibly, since you know all of this stuff and are proficient at it, perhaps you could give us some short baby step's type tut's on what ever it is your talking about,,

I am sure there are some members and guests that don't understand all of this and would be a great boast to us all and if enrollment is opened up again will have some new members that have been following us who can jump right in and post