Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't read notifications

Default Can't read notifications

or post to any member. Get an error message.
    And the smileys don't show up as pictures, either.

T
    How can you ever be late for anything in London? They have 
a huge clock right in the middle 
of the town.

Default Unable to access Notifications/Profile and Can't send PMs.

For the last 2 days, I can't open any of the above. I keep getting a message with instructions, follow them but no joy.

Any suggestions?

Default Re: Unable to access Notifications/Profile and Can't send PMs.

I keep getting a page where it says they are aware of the problem.

I wonder what they'll destroy if they fix it.

Default Re: Unable to access Notifications/Profile and Can't send PMs.

prayer? lol
    the admin panel is affected as well as advanced search, settings, User CP, and I'm sure there's others
    I've sent out emails, I keep hoping it'll be better when I wake up, when I get off work, tomorrow lol

Default Re: Can't read notifications

to save myself from repeating myself, I'm going to merge this thread with the other one

Thanks, Squirt! Nice to know we're all in the same leaky boat! LOL! Now, if only the guys who can fix this could throw us a life buoy.... Keeping my fingers crossed.

let me ask you this, and anyone who drops by, can you live with it like this?
    meaning, if I send another email to jokaroo, I run the risk of him pulling the plug on the whole thing

All I can say is "I will try!" I've been against the like button ever since it started being "abused" by overuse, but it drives me nuts to see the "likes" growing and I have no idea who liked something, what was liked, or if it was a "sincere" one or not. I am not big on using sigs...but it would be nice to be able to change it (and my avatar) once in a while. As far as the smileys go...if they have to be limited, fine...but do I have to go back to typing them? EVERYONE has a few smileys. It really bothers me that I can't speak to a mod without making it public...and there are other things that put me off using the Roo. I love this place...but it isn't the same. However, I am just one person, and if I find I can't live with the changes, I know where to go. (insert one of the huggy or love smileys here)

The only thing I would say about the 'like' button [and I use it a lot] is that when I come on, I can see who has said OK ~ but also which threads are showing, so that I can go to them and not try to remember where I had posted, and also, not to overlook a post from someone, who would [quite rightly] think me rude for not replying ~ bearing in mind the huge time difference that we all have.

As far as I know, we can "like" anything we choose. But if I "like" your previous post, you will see (in notifications) that you got one, but you will not know who it is from or for what you got it, unless you happen to come here and see it.

I'm not asking you to live with it, I'm finding it very difficult to live with, we can't even search for old threads
    I'm asking whether or not you think I should send that email

Cool Re: Can't read notifications

Tough call babe....maybe the devil you know!....

Quote Originally Posted by muchtrouble10 View Post
    All I can say is "I will try!" I've been against the like button ever since it started being "abused" by overuse, but it drives me nuts to see the "likes" growing and I have no idea who liked something, what was liked, or if it was a "sincere" one or not. I am not big on using sigs...but it would be nice to be able to change it (and my avatar) once in a while. As far as the smileys go...if they have to be limited, fine...but do I have to go back to typing them? EVERYONE has a few smileys. It really bothers me that I can't speak to a mod without making it public...and there are other things that put me off using the Roo. I love this place...but it isn't the same. However, I am just one person, and if I find I can't live with the changes, I know where to go. (insert one of the huggy or love smileys here)
    I am sorry about the LIKE's piling up, I tell myself don't push it, but when I get in a thread, I do it without even realizing it lol
    I was gonna go turn them off until we're fixed, but I can't get in the admin panel lol
    every time I turn around, I'm finding things I can't do, couldn't use search to find a thread, was gonna go to the member's profile, nope can't do that either lol

but it's almost charming, we didn't always have a LIKE button, we didn't always have profile comments, it's kinda' like Thanksgiving at the farm, we're forced to interact with each other lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kryten View Post
    Tough call babe....maybe the devil you know!....
    we'll keep losing threads as they fall off the radar and we can't go find them, I guess we could always make new ones?
    I'll be honest, I think the risk is small, but ya'll deserve a say in whether or not we take that risk, Babe!

Darlin' girl ~ it is indeed a tough call ~ if I was a cynic [which I hope I'm not] I would start to think that there is something deeper going on here. The fact that you as the Administrator can't get into things, which one would normally assume that the person in charge could, leads me to think that there are other motives behind all this ~ or that, they are so involved with the rest of the site, that they don't consider this one to be a priority ~ I damned if I can fathom out why you are not getting the support you are entitled to. The 'like' button is used by many, and not used by some ~ that it not the problem here [as I see it] the problem is that the [once] smooth running of the forums is being shot to hell ~ members may well get totally fed up and not post/leave whatever ~ and then the owners can say "well we gave you control, and it's gone downhill, no new members joining, thanks but we think it's time to say goodbye ~ sincerely hope I'm way off course here ~ lets see what happens

Do you think waiting a bit would help their reaction? If things can (in time) be straightened out, I can be patient...or at least try. lol But I agree that it isn't the same. This might be called the Roo but it no longer is. (You may have enjoyed your holiday at the farm, but would you want to stay there indefinitely?) That is what it seems they are asking us to do. One other thing...who is to say they won't diddle around in the future, making things even worse? I don't trust them an inch!

I must admit I'm guilty of trying to buy a little time, time for Wojjie to sort it, time for things to calm down
    and I think that if I were to send such an email, I could paint a picture of a legendary internet site, one that's older than Facebook, older than Twitter, a place that existed because of him, it's his story, his legend, as well as ours
    and worth preserving

Cannot access Koni's group either, since I failed to save a bookmark for it.

Quote Originally Posted by squirt View Post
    I must admit I'm guilty of trying to buy a little time, time for Wojjie to sort it, time for things to calm down
    and I think that if I were to send such an email, I could paint a picture of a legendary internet site, one that's older than Facebook, older than Twitter, a place that existed because of him, it's his story, his legend, as well as ours
    and worth preserving
    Squirt...Save those words for your final plea! lol If that doesn't move him, nothing will!

I think we're almost there lol