Thread: Browsers

Default Browsers

What Browser does everything use? I gave up IE long ago and switched over to Firefox which has been a piece of sluggish s*&t for a while now
    It keeps hanging up and then a message for stop, continue plugin comes up... Its so annoying, I have Chrome and turned to that this morning and
    its fast and great but its just basic. I've done the search for the sluggish problem and FF support says to disable an extension I'm not going to do that because it usually creates more problems. Is there something better out there?

Default Re: Browsers

I use FF, but getting less enchanted with it by the day, for the same reasons lol

I used to use FF, and still do on my Windows 7 machine that has 8 GB of memory. On this old XP machine (which I still prefer) I was forced to abandon FF because it kept grinding to a complete halt - it seems that it NEEDS 8 GB to work these days. I now use Chrome on this machine, and it is ok, but it isn't as good as FF when that works properly.

I am starting to look at buying a new laptop. If I can find something at the right price, I would like to get a Windows 7 machine with 16 GB of RAM - more and more programs need lots of memory to work satisfactorily - the designers seem to think that because large amounts of memory are available, we should all buy it.

Thank you both I'm glad its just not me then... FF just locks up and lags, I loved it when it works right but for a while now its just been going down hill.. I'm trying to click on Chrome as a natural habit but I forget and I'm on FF again. I can't seem to get flash player on Chrome when I play my games so I'm back on FF again lol!! They sure limit us to what browsers we use oh vey!

Flash works fine for me on Chrome, and I didn't do anything to make it so. Maybe you should try installing the latest version of Flash Player, in case you have an inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Manzy View Post
    Thank you both I'm glad its just not me then... FF just locks up and lags, I loved it when it works right but for a while now its just been going down hill.. I'm trying to click on Chrome as a natural habit but I forget and I'm on FF again. I can't seem to get flash player on Chrome when I play my games so I'm back on FF again lol!! They sure limit us to what browsers we use oh vey!

That is because Chrome has it's own flashplayer built in and often conflicts if you try to download the adobe flashplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff_the_Beard View Post
    Flash works fine for me on Chrome, and I didn't do anything to make it so. Maybe you should try installing the latest version of Flash Player, in case you have an inconsistency.

I was going to look into that.......

Quote Originally Posted by kipper View Post
    That is because Chrome has it's own flashplayer built in and often conflicts if you try to download the adobe flashplayer.
    Then I saw this....... LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manzy View Post

I was going to look into that.......

Then I saw this....... LOL!!

Type into the address bar and see if you have anything like this...

I only have Chrome viewer in 3 different plugins