Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15 second message

Default 15 second message

Every time I post for the last couple of days I keep getting the "wait 15 seconds before posting again" or words to that effect. Today it has happened every time I posted today and it has taken me 2 1/2 hours to catch up on every thread and then when I respond to some that Manzy posted back to me. Then when I click on a thread it takes awhile to come up,, no it isn't IE or Chrome or Fire Fox as I have used all three,,, or they are all messed up today and the Roo is not slowing me down,,????

also I get the following in faint black text above the Jokeroo Logo, which lengthen the page that much at the top

Warning: Illegal string offset 'link' in [path]/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2777

Warning: Illegal string offset 'link' in [path]/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2791

Warning: Illegal string offset 'link' in [path]/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2777

Warning: Illegal string offset 'link' in [path]/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2791

Thank you, Thy King Homie

Default Re: 15 second message

no clue what those are, those warnings
    I've told Wojjie and told Wojjie and then I told him again
    they don't seem to affect the function of the Roo *though*

as for the 15 second error, my first thought is your ISP ... because changing browsers isn't helping
    and nobody else is reporting the problem *yet*
    I thought it was 5 seconds between posts, but that's not important

I don't understand about the Roo slowing you down though?

I went just as fast as I could and I didn't get an error

do you use ADVANCED REPLY ?

not always, only when I want to see what something looks like before posting,, it slows ya down as you have to wait for it to come up in there and then click again,,, my clicking finger is getting tired

I used the advance on the above post and still get the 15second delay
    I'm getting like Manzy, I am about to give up on all computer crap as that it just takes the enjoyment out of playing in here,,
    the thing I don't understand is every time I say something about anything in here most times I get the answer the browser or ISP,, if that's the case then why don't it affect tall the other web sites I go to.. I do a lot of Googling and going from site to site and every thing works just as this computer or even my lap top is designed to do,,, I don't know,, just frustrating

I know ...

I assure you it's equally frustrating for me, it's very hard to diagnose someone else's computer problems from thousands of miles away
    and when it doesn't affect everyone, but only one member, chances are pretty good that the issue is not with the Roo

I too, have noticed that the Roo has been a bit slower than usual lately........and like the King said it is only happening on here and not on other sites.

Another thing that has happened was, that the last couple of weeks I didn't get to see some pictures,.......it turned up as blank spaces. I saw people liking the posts and replying to it so I was guessing that others were probably seeing them. lol
    Not all pictures, but some, and again it was only happening here on the Roo. And mainly pictures that were posted by Roadkill or Laila.
    I figured out (eventually ) that my adblocker was blocking them... Strange 'cause I have had it on, on here, for years and it never caused a problem.

And kipper has trouble with the space bar......again, only on the Roo......and just in PM's.
    I told him that it would make a great new word game.....but I found out that he does not like word games....who knew?

Not saying that all is Roo related, but something spooky is definitely going on:

I am so happy to hear all of that LMP, I didn't want to go on and on as you did, but now I can,, lol

Some times I don't see pic's as you described, and not just RK or Laila's, it just varied. Also space bar problems some times AND trying to use the scroll wheel,, I try to scroll down and nothing, try to scroll up nothing, then I can push down on the scroll wheel and it will scroll,, then I go along like that for a couple of post and walla,, it starts working again,,???,

and yes, only in the Roo,, I swear there ARE Gremlins in here even not at Halloween time either,,

Thank you LMP for helping the poor ole King to not look much crazier than he already is,,

I've noticed the space bar thing too. When I "Reply with quote" the message I type doesn't recognise the spaces I type. I found an easy work round though, I just type a full stop, tab back one character and then the space bar works.
    Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamber View Post
    I've noticed the space bar thing too. When I "Reply with quote" the message I type doesn't recognise the spaces I type. I found an easy work round though, I just type a full stop, tab back one character and then the space bar works.
    I believe Kipper types the full sentence or something like that.....and then goes back to seperate the words, because then for some strange reason the space bar does work.

Quote Originally Posted by LilMissPurrfect View Post
    I believe Kipper types the full sentence or something like that.....and then goes back to seperate the words, because then for some strange reason the space bar does work.
    Thing is, it's not on ALL posts: this one works fine.

Thing is, it's not on ALL posts: this one works fine.
    And now, after the last post I got the exact same thing.
    Space bar not working in PM's when you reply with quote.
    When you create a new one it works just fine.

The Roo!!.....always something going on!!......never boring!!.

a lot of the missing images are hotlinks, in the old ways, they'd be red x's lol
    some are when an uploader is down, Imgur, PB, tinypic, uploadhouse, they all go out, but they always come back
    both of these are issues that would not show up at other sites, unless it was another forum
    and Roosted Nuts has it's own uploader, so it wouldn't affect there either

the space bar thing Kipper and I worked on some, but I can't remember what we decided lol I'm functioning here on zero caffeine lol
    I wanna say we'd decided it was a browser or phone thing

the thing is, we can't fix anything!
    so we have to figure out ways to get around it or through it ourselves

at you all,,

I don't understand a thing ya'all said in the last 5 post,,, but one thing I did understand is we just have to forget the 15 sec. thing, space bar and etc,, etc,,, etc,,, so darned frustrating especially when your always told it is IE, ISP and etc,, again. I have FF and Chrome and still have same problems with them so will just have to accept the fact the Roo isn't what it use to be,, don't understand why admin treats us this way,, maybe that's why folks come n go fro here

this is Manzy testing Homies sign on.. I know I'm on my computer but I thought it could help us eliminate some things like to see if the 15 sec issue still happened and its not on this end - I am on Firefox and not having any issues

Could it be some settings?

I did notice he uses standard interface and I used enhanced?

This is Homie and I am on my computer,, lol

I changed the setting to enhanced then I went to the Bakers Dozen thread, went to copy the previous post to post in the reply box and I could not "paste",, I went back and put it as standard and same thing,, went back to enhanced still can't copy and paste,,

I just tried to highlight the text so I could make it like I always do and now I can't, also not only am I having problems with space bar but I can't type anything witout having to ak severl times to crrectvery word thisisthe way it is doing wit out going back and correcting it,,,, WTF?????????????? I'm going back and making the corrections to every word,, has to be corrected,, I giveup,,

When "paste" doesn't work it is usually because you are not in WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) mode. Click the aA icon top left of the typing area and "paste" again. You can turn WYSIWYG on permanently in settings.

Quote Originally Posted by KingHomie View Post
    at you all,,

I don't understand a thing ya'all said in the last 5 post,,, but one thing I did understand is we just have to forget the 15 sec. thing, space bar and etc,, etc,,, etc,,, so darned frustrating especially when your always told it is IE, ISP and etc,, again. I have FF and Chrome and still have same problems with them so will just have to accept the fact the Roo isn't what it use to be,, don't understand why admin treats us this way,, maybe that's why folks come n go fro here
    that wasn't what was said at all
    I'm pretty sure I said we'd have to sort it ourselves

when a car doesn't start, do you take apart the motor first, to see if that's the problem?
    or do you go for the easier fixes first, like checking the battery and gas gauge?

when looking for the the easier fix for the 15 second thing, THE place to start is with your computer, it's the "battery"
    something has happened to make your computer start doing that
    nobody is tinkering with the Roo, so logic says something changed with your computer

as for the old admin, they've been gone for years, moved on without us
    they could've pulled the plug, shut the whole thing down, but didn't ... not for them, not for money, but for us
    not only that, they're paying our bills

I know it's frustrating, I know how easy it is to throw your hands up and walk away
    lots of folks have done it
    but that's not what my king is made of, he's a find the problem and fix it kind of guy, he's from the "we don't throw things away just cuz they're broken, we fix 'em" generation

so first we have to figure out what it's not, before we can figure out what it is

When "paste" doesn't work it is usually because you are not in WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) mode. Click the aA icon top left of the typing area and "paste" again. You can turn WYSIWYG on permanently in settings.
    he's set up the same way I am, and I don't have WYSIWYG on?