Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: red alert

Default Re: red alert

If it's the same as I got it will direct you to the Google play store which is in fact a dummy site, but I still believe it is android based as Chrome (owned by google) and Firefox (funded by google) are the only ones flagging it up and both are tied to the android phone system owned by google

So there ya have it folks, right from the Kingdom's IT group who's never steered us wrong.

Now jump back in here and enjoy as always and don't click anything if you don't know what it is as you just might get stuck,,,

HAPPY ROO'ing,,,,,,,,,,, Your favorite
    Last edited by KingHomie; 11-30-2016 at 11:48 PM.

Is it possible that jokeroo is being caught up in the new crack down on fake news sites and sites that spread fake news. I would imagine if the site was scanned for links to fake news sites and fake news stories, its percentage would be note for concern.
    Fact: The Buffoon in Chief, never met an aging WASP Sexual Predator, he could not DEFEND.
    Fact: Trump and his family are Russian collaborators, which makes their supporters Russian sympathizers.

that doesn't appear to be the case

on the upside: the "leave page" hiccup seems to be gone ... at the moment lol

Washington (AFP) - Malicious software designed to attack Android smartphones has breached the accounts of more than a million Google users, security researchers said Wednesday.

The report by Check Point Software Technologies said the malware dubbed Gooligan targets devices running Android 4.0 and 5.0, which represent nearly 74 percent of mobile devices using the Google-powered operating system.

The attacks can steal email addresses and authentication data stored on the devices to access sensitive data from Gmail, Google Photos, Google Docs and other services, Check Point said.

"This theft of over a million Google account details is very alarming and represents the next stage of cyber-attacks," said Michael Shaulov, Check Point's head of mobile products.

"We are seeing a shift in the strategy of hackers, who are now targeting mobile devices in order to obtain the sensitive information that is stored on them."

Check Point said researchers discovered Gooligan's code in an application last year and that a new variant appeared in August 2016, affecting some 13,000 devices per day. About 57 percent of those devices are located in Asia and about nine percent are in Europe.

"The infection begins when a user downloads and installs a Gooligan-infected app on a vulnerable Android device, or by clicking on malicious links in phishing attack messages," the company said in a statement.

Attackers can gain control over the device and generate revenue by fraudulently installing apps from Google Play and rating them on behalf of the victim.

Check Point said it reported the details of the malware to Google, and that the tech giant indicated it would take steps to protect users.

Google did not immediately respond to an AFP query.

Yes ,, I saw that on the 5pm news tonight,, sure glad I don't have an android and I don't use my I-phone for anything other than texting and phone. I have never downloaded anything on the phone other than an up date to it long time ago.

Thank you for the info Lynn - I don't download anything on my phone.. I got everything I need when I first got it and if it did get infected I would turn it off and take it to Sprint

Any device can get hacked, Android, Iphone, Ipad, even Target got hacked a couple of years ago I had to cancel my credit card I never used it there again, I use cash or write a check.. The internet is vulnerable to just about anything - they even try to send me emails about royalty still and everything you can think of which I never click on it usually goes to my spam folder. I'm sad the Roo got hit like many others.. I don't know what to do, if I should be here or what is going on behind the scenes.. I just wish one of the owners would do something.. at least talk to us

A friend on FB posted this~~ Some things in the world pass totally unseen.
    Today, I saw a co-ordinated change that sent me into a spiral to troubleshoot the problem.
    This problem may never knowingly affect you but it will reverberate throughout the Information Technology sphere for some time.
    I'll get to the point.
    You use a web browser (firefox, chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Android, Opera, whatever).
    You often access SSL websites (e.g. https://www.google.com.au).
    Both Google (chrome) and Firefox (50.0.02) UPDATES have chosen (co-ordinated) to NEVER recognise older versions of encryption (TLS/SSL).
    Therefore, me and millions of others can never access our encryted websites and mail (without updated encrytion - TLS/SSL). By the way, this is quite a big job (to update everything on the servers).
    I don't mean to labour the point but what has happened to you seamlessly (without you knowing) has happened for a reason (and it has occurred suddenly in multiple browsers/enterprises/environments without advice or consultation - why?).
    I know that many of you love looking at cute kitten videos and unicorns and all things pink but just take a second to think about the actual reason for this huge change (and its impact).
    Maybe, I should clarify. If I had made all these websites UNencrypted (http://) instead of encrypted (https://) I would NOT even be writing this (how is that possible?).
    Just ask ............... Why?
    Did your login over the Internet just change for no apparent reason?
    Hopefully, this will impact some of you directly and you will ask the question (why?).
    The answers to "why" are quite intriguing and very hard to find.

Google
    GOOGLE.COM.AU

well this site, on my computer any way,, now shows it is Unencrypted (http://) so I don't understand when people tell me the Roo is encrypted (https://) so does anyone know if it is or not?

I don't believe the Roo has ever been encrypted.
    Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

oh ok,, that is what I was told by one long time member so guess they were misinformed long ago,, Thank's Phil and good to see a few coming back this morning,, Thy

there is another thing ya'll need to know:

it turns out that our plug-ins were the problem, or at least part of it, and so our spammer blocker had to be removed
    we're working on another solution (suggestions welcome)
    but ya'll might see some spam posts ... probably will see some spam posts ... the mods will do all we can to stay on top of it
    just use the REPORT key and it will get taken care of! ♥

Thanks, Squirt. It's back to normal here.

T
    How can you ever be late for anything in London? They have 
a huge clock right in the middle 
of the town.

"LIKE"

This thread is the first place I ever even heard of a jokeroo app. I always visit this site through ordinary means, whether it be on the laptop or the tablet. The tablet is running android 6, so I hope it's safe enough.
    I got the red flags on chrome as well as Firefox, on both devices.

Quote Originally Posted by squirt View Post
    there is another thing ya'll need to know:

it turns out that our plug-ins were the problem, or at least part of it, and so our spammer blocker had to be removed
    we're working on another solution (suggestions welcome)
    but ya'll might see some spam posts ... probably will see some spam posts ... the mods will do all we can to stay on top of it
    just use the REPORT key and it will get taken care of! ♥
    The obvious way is the same as roosted can't join unless verified and vetted by a mod. Least that way they can't spam while our backs are turned...

Quote Originally Posted by kipper View Post
    The obvious way is the same as roosted can't join unless verified and vetted by a mod. Least that way they can't spam while our backs are turned...
    Thing is...

...it looks like someone has hacked the profile of user
    jokaroo. That's top level admin privileges. Could do pretty much anything from there. There was a warning about this vBulletin vulnerability in November 2013, don't know if anything was done about it here.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11...lletin_hacked/
    Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

and three years later here we sit,, still vulnerable ,, damn

Quote Originally Posted by Bamber View Post
    Thing is...

...it looks like someone has hacked the profile of user
    jokaroo. That's top level admin privileges. Could do pretty much anything from there. There was a warning about this vBulletin vulnerability in November 2013, don't know if anything was done about it here.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11...lletin_hacked/

I'm not sure any of us have the technical nous to stop that, but I was talking more about stopping the common or garden Joe Spammer.

Just one dumb question.... If we are now obliged to suffer fat-ass Oprah's stupid ads, why can't we get the "likes" back?