Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jokeroo Upgraded to latest Vbulletin

Default Jokeroo Upgraded to latest Vbulletin

I just did an upgrade to the forums to the latest version. Please let me know if you run into any problems.

Default Re: Jokeroo Upgraded to latest Vbulletin

I no longer appear to be getting e-mail notifications of activity in subscribed threads. I checked my settings and they don't seem to have changed.

Ooh, hang on, there's a new activity centre on my profile where I can see notifications. I think I prefer that to getting e-mails.

Still not getting e-mail notifications of private messages though.
    Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

There still appears to be a minor problem replying to PMs; when typing immediately after the message being replied to, the space bar does not work: I hit return then go back to the previous line to get round this problem, but it is annoying.

there's no reply box lol
    this may be why folks aren't posting! lol

I had to click on REPLY TO THREAD to get the reply box to show up

also: the newsletter link I used to use to come in is broken?

[B]I have found that when you want to do anything with your posting using the "B" "I" "U" "Font size" "Color" you have to keep high lighting your post after each selection,, where as before you only highlighted once and it stayed that way until you were finished with using the codes IE;

Look above and you can see where all of the codes end up (in the beginning) if you only highlight once,, this sentence I had to highlight after each of the selections where as before you would highlight once, choose the codes and when finished go ahead and add a smiley or just click on submit replay, also the quick reply box isn't under the last post as before, you must click on the "reply to thread" button below, no big deal just one more step we will have to take but thought maybe you might want to know since many of us use those features, thank you
    Last edited by KingHomie; 12-12-2016 at 02:43 PM.

the activity log is cool, but is there any way to fix it so that profiles default to comments instead of activity?

wow...to me it looks all shiny and new...lol
    give me a couple days to learn my way around again..it has changed
    i am sure it looks more different to me than others as i do everything by routine
    and changes kinda take time for me to adjust
    looks very nice jokeroo and thank you again

Quote Originally Posted by KingHomie View Post
    [B]I have found that when you want to do anything with your posting using the "B" "I" "U" "Font size" "Color" you have to keep high lighting your post after each selection,, where as before you only highlighted once and it stayed that way until you were finished with using the codes IE;

Look above and you can see where all of the codes end up (in the beginning) if you only highlight once,, this sentence I had to highlight after each of the selections where as before you would highlight once, choose the codes and when finished go ahead and add a smiley or just click on submit replay, also the quick reply box isn't under the last post as before, you must click on the "reply to thread" button below, no big deal just one more step we will have to take but thought maybe you might want to know since many of us use those features, thank you
    I'm not having this issue, have you tried clicking on all the font changes you want, THEN typing in your text?

you mean like this? it didn't work

I clicked on each one and then typed that above and only the regular way comes up but when I do it the other way I can get this but just takes a little time,, I'm just happy the Roo is back up and will leave all of the technical stuff to you guys since I don't know shit from shinola

lets see if it works for me king

it seems to be working...i just clicked all 3 B I U...and it is continuing to do all 3 as i type

trying all 3 again...now removing U..yep seem fine if it is done before starting to type

I got it working now RK,, Thy Princess Manzy Panzy showed me where I had standard clicked in my settings so I changed it and all is GOOD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KingHomie View Post
    I got it working now RK,, Thy Princess Manzy Panzy showed me where I had standard clicked in my settings so I changed it and all is GOOD!!!!
    ..that is awesome king....i find this upgrade is just what we needed
    i am liking it... the more i get used to it...lol

Yep the Roo man, Squirty and I am sure others are working hard in the background with him and are doing a great job, I am sure they have a little more tweaking to do but I am sure it will all be good for our Roo Christmas present,,

Exactly what is the future of Jokeroo?

Quote Originally Posted by stevent222 View Post
    Exactly what is the future of Jokeroo?
    From what we've been told:

Quote Originally Posted by jokaroo View Post
    Hi everyone,

I won't be shutting the Roo down, too much history for everyone (this place is like a historical website now!). The only way I shut this down is if I can't afford to sustain it (which I don't foresee). For the past few years, I've just been donating out of my own pocket to make things float and that's cool. There haven't been ads for years, and I just decided to put them back up and help out. Here's what I've learned:

1. These forums are so large, our database is over 10GB which is extremely difficult to manage. Its not as easy to just move us to a cloud environment unless we start with a brand new forum (which defeats the purpose of the Roo). This history is too rich so we need to keep it here and manage it as is
    2. I will keep the ads on the Roo, its not much, but it helps and stops from introducing a membership fee. Disabling ad blocker would be helpful (I will keep the ads PG and clean). Additionally, you do not need to click on the ads and buy things (all ads these days pay by the view or click, not the purchase). So all you need to do is turn ad blocker off on Jokeroo, and just do your thing (and ignore the ads if you like)

Here's what I'm thinking for the future (this part is up for discussion):

1. I will make the Adult oriented forums membership only (all other forums will still be accessible). Every single member who is currently registered on the Roo will get access to these forums for free, for life. But new members would have to pay. There will also be no ads on this forum.
    2. We need to revive the community and try to get more traffic back on the forums. Hopefully this will drive more ad revenue and help get us above water again.
    3. Maybe introduce a new service, like the option for people to get a Jokeroo email address, or something of that nature.

If anyone has any ideas on what services Jokeroo can offer, both for free or for a fee, this would be fun to brainstorm.

Thanks Bamber & Jokeroo.

Am thankful there will be no ad's on here although I did like some of the Adult Friend Finder ones gave me a chance o see some of the women that I know that wouldn't have anything to do with me.

I haven't gotten a news letter form Jokeroo in years and have missed the other videos people share on there. Because when I type in Jokeroo.com it brings me to the Roo postings.
    Last edited by stevent222; 12-13-2016 at 11:54 AM.

Is there any way you can increase the size of the avatars? I have been bothering people to change mine for years. If it's animated it doesn't post animated unless I ask someone to add it. It would be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by squirt View Post
    the activity log is cool, but is there any way to fix it so that profiles default to comments instead of activity?
    ok, I can see where it's better in my profile, it defaults to let me see the comments
    but it's still in the way, that activity log, when I go to leave comments in other profiles
    can we move it to where the infractions tab is and just get rid of that?
    we don't need it, won't use it

*I put this in the wrong thread lol

Why does the [center ] [ /center ] work sometimes? I'll try it here too without the spaces.

Hello Testing.

Well I'll be damed it works on this one but I've seen them not work too