Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mr. President...Donald Trump

Default Re: Mr. President...Donald Trump

I'm not disputing that some swedes feel immigration is hurting the country. Look in any place and you will find this. What I was pointing out was the difference between the way Sweden reports rape and other sex crimes. Raw data can be interpreted in many ways.

for some refugees, according to some of the things I've read, it's common practice in their countries to treat women as they wish, which becomes a problem when these refugees enter societies where the woman has the right to say no, it's not hard to see where problems could arise

Quote Originally Posted by squirt View Post
    a prime example of this is how the press has treated Melania, calling her unfit to be First Lady, calling her stupid because her english isn't as fluent as her other 4 languages, saying she's miserable and hates being first lady
    and in a just a few humble moments in front of 9,000 people, she put them all in their place: forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us ♥
    update to this story: they are actually slamming her for reciting the Lord's Prayer ... but yeah, the press is being fair to President Trump and his family

I saw the press conference, I saw the rally, I saw the coverage from the press after both.

Why don't they get it?

While President Obama was letting in immigrants/refugees, and ignoring illegal undocumented aliens, the average American was hurting. My husband and I were unemployed for 4 years. We had to dig change out of the couch just to buy toilet paper. It got to the point where I went and applied for food assistance. We were approved for $240, and I was required to take a job search class, but before the date of the class, I was hired by Kroger. When I didn't show up for that class, they denied my next month's benefit, before I even got a paycheck.

Then I started working at Kroger, as a cashier.

And I began noticing that some customers were buying carts and carts full of water and sodas. They load up on whatever we have on sale that week. Then I noticed they were using EBT cards to pay for it. What the managers say is that they take these drinks that the taxpayer pays for back to their shops, mark them up, and sell them back to the taxpayer.

Other customers were buying shrimp, lobster, crab legs with their EBT cards, while I was having to buy hamburger, beans, peanut butter, and cheap bread.

Some of these cards have balances in the thousands of dollars!

For a lot of EBT card users, they also have WIC, a program designed to promote healthy eating for women and small children. It's a great program, I used it myself.

My point here is that all of this is at the taxpayer's expense. The taxpayer, you know, the guy who has scrape up pennies just to buy toilet paper.

Some of these same taxpayers have been the victims of crimes committed by illegal aliens. I'm not just talking about the murder of Kate Steinle. I'm talking about millions of smaller crimes that have a real economic impact on our society. Again, paid for by the taxpayer.

A lot has been said about more Americans committing crimes than illegals. I'm sure that's true, but we need to know who is in this country so that we can find and hold accountable those who cause harm.

I also see a lot in the press about job numbers being good, because of President Obama and his policies.

What I don't see nearly enough of is reporting on the fact that, yes, a lot of us are back to work, but we've had to take cuts in pay and accept part time jobs. I am making $2 less an hour as a cashier than I was in the same position 11 years ago, which was a full time job, and my current job is part time. Many taxpayers have had to take 2 and 3 part time jobs to make ends meet. I know people working who aren't making enough to support their families and have to be subsidized by the government to help feed their families.

The real truth here is that we can no longer afford to be so generous with immigrants and refugees. We need to take care of our own people first, like the homeless vets.

And we need to know who is coming into our country.

It is not about keeping anyone out! It is about knowing WHO we let in!