Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. President...Donald Trump

Default Mr. President...Donald Trump

Whether you are for him or against him, folks seem to have strong opinions. So far, I keep seeing things in the "funny" threads and thought we should have a place where we can have our serious discussions. Don't worry...he seems to be very colorful and I'm sure the joke threads will continue to thrive.

I will just start off by saying that I did not want him for president, although I wanted Hilary even less. We have him for the next four years, so we should give him a chance. He IS rather outspoken...I am sure he will give folks plenty of legitimate things to complain about. Meanwhile, I wish that the people complaining would get their facts correct, instead of parroting what they THINK they heard. For example, he is NOT threatening to deport all the Mexicans in this country...just the ones who are here ILLEGALLY.

Default Re: Mr. President...Donald Trump

for me, that's the hardest part, separating fact from fiction
    to the point that I don't trust much when it comes to things said and written about the things he's supposedly said and done
    I wish I had some place I could go where I know for certain I'm getting the truth, if it exists, I haven't found it yet

I agree, and that's all I've asked all along, to give President Trump a chance, what do we have to lose?
    we're already killing each other in the streets, our medical costs are through the roof and quality of care is increasingly compromised, our kids are dying of opiate overdoses, our police are afraid to do their jobs, and while they say that employment rates are rising, what they don't say is that those jobs are often part time and an acceptance of lower wages in the face of none, or that some people are being forced to work 2 and 3 part time jobs just to make ends meet

regardless of how I feel about him, as our President, the entire country should want to see him do well, because if he does well, then so do the rest of us

I have long been of the opinion that the US citizens live in fear. Fear of the other, fear of each other and fear of the government.
    Donald is just the latest incarnation of this. He's a politician, for what you may have heard him say. He will discover just how hard it is to create radical change for a very good reason. All systems and societies change slowly. People like to wake up and see the world is the same as it always was. Yes, he tapped into a latent strain of disenchantment but he is not going to be able to make radical shifts in the governing.

Trump is doing an excellent job of building up the scary people so he can attempt to be America's hero.

Like a bad movie.

would that be the same scary people Australia sends to island camps for years while they vet them?
    ya'll don't like illegal immigrants any more than we do, and want your borders secure while asylum seekers are vetted before being allowed into your country ... IF they are allowed into your country
    how does that differ from a US administration wishing to keep our borders just as secure?

Quote Originally Posted by squirt View Post
    for me, that's the hardest part, separating fact from fiction
    to the point that I don't trust much when it comes to things said and written about the things he's supposedly said and done
    I wish I had some place I could go where I know for certain I'm getting the truth, if it exists, I haven't found it yet

I completely agree with you...I don't feel I can even trust the "legitimate" news, and sites in favor of him seem to be just as bad as the sites against him. So far, I have been carefully listening to his speeches and trying to find complete or almost complete copies of his orders, proclamations, and what have you. I even check out his websites on Twitter and facebook. They are usually too short to do me much good, but I can be sure they are ARE his words.

would that be the same scary people Australia sends to island camps for years while they vet them?
    ya'll don't like illegal immigrants any more than we do, and want your borders secure while asylum seekers are vetted before being allowed into your country ... IF they are allowed into your country
    how does that differ from a US administration wishing to keep our borders just as secure?
    No that wouldn't be the same scary people. Those people sent to islands come from a variety of places, and don't have permission to enter the country; more like your unauthorised Mexican immigration.

then what "scary people" are you referring to?

Muslims that have the same legal right as everyone else to claim refugee status.

nobody's said they didn't, have you read the executive order? I have, it doesn't mention Muslims ... at all
    in fact, the number of Muslims being affected being thrown around is about 15%, that means 85% are not being affected at all

it mentions 7 countries that are currently in turmoil, several who have no current central government

Personally I think all refugees should be stopped until the USA sorts out the problems it already has. I could post Trump Muslim quotes but we know his general feeling about them. Most people's general feeling about people like him is the same - I wouldn't want him living near me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
    Personally I think all refugees should be stopped until the USA sorts out the problems it already has. I could post Trump Muslim quotes but we know his general feeling about them. Most people's general feeling about people like him is the same - I wouldn't want him living near me.

THAT is exactly what our President is trying to do. He isn't permanently stopping anyone...the whole issue is to control the illegals (of any group) who are already here and trying to get more in. As far as Trump "quotes" go...unless you actually HEARD him say the words, don't believe them. News coming from this country is made up, or twisted to suit the person "reporting", but I have hopes that will be improving also, without taking away the right to "free speech". Meanwhile, you can be thankful you have the politicians in your country, who wouldn't dream of rocking the boat.

Good thread M.T. although am staying nutral on it because I am to much of a redneck and thinking that most people would not like to hear what I have to say on the Trump Ban. [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by stevent222 View Post
    Good thread M.T. although am staying nutral on it because I am to much of a redneck and thinking that most people would not like to hear what I have to say on the Trump Ban. [/COLOR]
    Staying neutral is GOOD...if you can do it! At least, keep an open mind until we see what he actually does or does not do. At the moment, there are so many LIES going around, it is difficult to form any opinion. As I said before, I am not exactly pro Trump...but I am very anti Hillary. BTW...The pro Trump sites and news reports seem to be just as untrue as the the ones against him. As Squirt said, we just have to wait and see...and maybe hope and pray. lol

LOL! Yes this is so true M.T. cause as a natural born talker and one that loves just loves to stir the pot am staying nutral on it although I knew in my heart I was NOT going to vote for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
    that's simply not true about most people feeling the way you do
    nobody, NOBODY called him racist until he took on the establishment!

talk to anyone who's known President Trump for any real length of time, and they all say the same thing, that he is a really nice guy
    you are taking what was said and done in a vicious campaign and making it fact

he said, she said, they said, we said ... there's a lot of shit! being said, that doesn't make it true
    reminds me of that meme about an Abraham Lincoln quote about not believing quotes on the internet lol

Quote Originally Posted by muchtrouble10 View Post
    THAT is exactly what our President is trying to do. He isn't permanently stopping anyone...the whole issue is to control the illegals (of any group) who are already here and trying to get more in. As far as Trump "quotes" go...unless you actually HEARD him say the words, don't believe them. News coming from this country is made up, or twisted to suit the person "reporting", but I have hopes that will be improving also, without taking away the right to "free speech". Meanwhile, you can be thankful you have the politicians in your country, who wouldn't dream of rocking the boat.
    a lot of people keep saying that nobody from those 7 countries has ever killed an American civilian
    why do we have to wait until they kill some of us to do something?
    isn't the idea to stop them BEFORE they can hurt any of us?

a lot of people keep saying that nobody from those 7 countries has ever killed an American civilian
    why do we have to wait until they kill some of us to do something?
    isn't the idea to stop them BEFORE they can hurt any of us?
    i have to disagree with the statement made about no one from those countries killing americans,... that statement was made by a liberal while i was watching a news report
    on a panel of four people when this person said that all the other 3 right away shot her statement down
    and had facts to back it up that she was wrong...they refered to the recent shootings that happened within the last 3 months..those guilty were from at least 3 of those countries mentioned as not killing americans..people need to stop taking the media as gospel and get the facts for themselves before repeating the lies of he media
    now that i said that i will return to my normal viewing

If Persident Donald Trump is so much of a racist why are not some 40 other counties being ban too? That are 90% known Muslim terrest.
    I want all incoming peoples stopped and serched they have U.S. citizen documents because those can be falsified also. When a person has no documentions they should be put in holding cells and shipped back to where starting point at there expence.
    Anyone carring a weapon or could be used a one will be shot on site.

Right now I know the President is doing all he can even when the money hungry Democratics are doing everything to hold this man back.

M.T. sorry couldn't hold it for too long and had to say something.