Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: I need help with my printer!! PLEASE somebody!!!

  1. #1
    Jokeroo VIP Status sexysadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    in my little corner of the world....
    Posts
    65,218
    Rep Power
    8156

    Default I need help with my printer!! PLEASE somebody!!!

    I just bought a new canon MG3020 Printer, just a simple one, printer/scanner/copier, I've had one before, shouldn't be a big deal right? Wrong! I have it all installed, it's there and turned on but when I go to print something, it's showing its offline and asking me to turn the printer on. Now, other than giving the damn thing a lap dance, I've tried everything. Is there anybody out there that can help?



  2. #2
    Jokeroo VIP Status sexysadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    in my little corner of the world....
    Posts
    65,218
    Rep Power
    8156

    Default Re: I need help with my printer!! PLEASE somebody!!!

    I have tried everything but I just cannot get it to work.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Bamber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Totnes, Devon, UK
    Posts
    37,604
    Rep Power
    7965

    Default Re: I need help with my printer!! PLEASE somebody!!!

    I wish I could help, but without knowing the printer in question, how it is connected and the configuration of your computer I wouldn't know where to start. All I can suggest is googling "canon MG3020 shows offline".
    Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Bamber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Totnes, Devon, UK
    Posts
    37,604
    Rep Power
    7965

    Default Re: I need help with my printer!! PLEASE somebody!!!

    Another thought: did you remove the configuration for your old printer, and any related software? If not, do so and also remove your new printer and reinstall it.
    Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

  5. #5
    Jokeroo Immortal stevent222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    224,327
    Rep Power
    6748

    Default Re: I need help with my printer!! PLEASE somebody!!!

    I susguest a good long slow lapdance as to where you should also video cam it so where I can see the make and model of the printer and the motion of the dance. You see this is all revelant to me to get a better understanding of you situation on the printer to get it to work.

  6. #6
    Jokeroo Enthusiast Country17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Great Lakes State and The Sunshine State
    Posts
    26,747
    Rep Power
    6094

    Default Re: I need help with my printer!! PLEASE somebody!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by sexysadie View Post
    I just bought a new canon MG3020 Printer, just a simple one, printer/scanner/copier, I've had one before, shouldn't be a big deal right? Wrong! I have it all installed, it's there and turned on but when I go to print something, it's showing its offline and asking me to turn the printer on. Now, other than giving the damn thing a lap dance, I've tried everything. Is there anybody out there that can help?
    I can't help with the printer, but let's talk about this lap dance theory lol

  7. #7
    Jokeroo VIP Status sexysadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    in my little corner of the world....
    Posts
    65,218
    Rep Power
    8156

    Default Re: I need help with my printer!! PLEASE somebody!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamber View Post
    I wish I could help, but without knowing the printer in question, how it is connected and the configuration of your computer I wouldn't know where to start. All I can suggest is googling "canon MG3020 shows offline".
    I've done that sweety, still nothing. Thank you for trying...

  8. #8
    Jokeroo VIP Status sexysadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    in my little corner of the world....
    Posts
    65,218
    Rep Power
    8156

    Default Re: I need help with my printer!! PLEASE somebody!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by stevent222 View Post
    I susguest a good long slow lapdance as to where you should also video cam it so where I can see the make and model of the printer and the motion of the dance. You see this is all revelant to me to get a better understanding of you situation on the printer to get it to work.
    lmao I tried that too, I even tried turning it on by talking dirty to it lol nothing Stevent, help!

  9. #9
    Jokeroo VIP Status sexysadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    in my little corner of the world....
    Posts
    65,218
    Rep Power
    8156

    Default Re: I need help with my printer!! PLEASE somebody!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Country17 View Post
    I can't help with the printer, but let's talk about this lap dance theory lol
    Yes, lets *wiggles eyebrows*

  10. #10
    Super Moderator Bamber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Totnes, Devon, UK
    Posts
    37,604
    Rep Power
    7965

    Default Re: I need help with my printer!! PLEASE somebody!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by sexysadie View Post
    What if, now just sayin, what if there are two canon printers there now, copy 2 and copy 3? Wtf did I do?!?!
    Multiple installs by the look of things. I'm going to assume this is the only Canon printer you have attached to your computer: you should disconnect the printer, uninstall (remove) both canon printers (while uninstalling the Canon printers you should also delete the old printer if it is no longer connected), then go through the installation process again. You should then have only one Canon printer, which you can set as default.
    Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

  11. #11
    Jokeroo Enthusiast Romford Lad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Essex, U.K.
    Posts
    27,557
    Rep Power
    7481

    Default Re: I need help with my printer!! PLEASE somebody!!!



    Oh dear, sorry my dear lady, due to circumstances I haven't got round to seeing this thread.
    I think Bamber is quite right ~ I've had Canon printers all the time, and my old Pixma packed up, got a new MX925 ~ BUT made sure I deleted everything of the old one first ~ and then loaded the new one on ~ and it became my natural default printer [although sometimes in certain pop-ups the old one could show, that soon goes]

  12. #12
    Super Moderator Bamber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Totnes, Devon, UK
    Posts
    37,604
    Rep Power
    7965

    Default Re: I need help with my printer!! PLEASE somebody!!!

    Well Sadie, I have a new HP printer and am having similar problems. The printer shows but is not properly installed. In my case it is to do with connecting the printer by usb cable rather than wirelessly, how is yours connected?

    I have spent hours trying to install the software and searching for fixes but no luck so far. I have got several things I have yet to try, but constantly installing and uninstalling, then removing objects the uninstall doesn't remove, then trying another method, does take a LOT of time.
    Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

  13. #13
    Jokeroo VIP Status sexysadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    in my little corner of the world....
    Posts
    65,218
    Rep Power
    8156

    Default Re: I need help with my printer!! PLEASE somebody!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamber View Post
    Well Sadie, I have a new HP printer and am having similar problems. The printer shows but is not properly installed. In my case it is to do with connecting the printer by usb cable rather than wirelessly, how is yours connected?

    I have spent hours trying to install the software and searching for fixes but no luck so far. I have got several things I have yet to try, but constantly installing and uninstalling, then removing objects the uninstall doesn't remove, then trying another method, does take a LOT of time.
    Well, I got fed up with the Canon Bamber, returned it and got an HP. Same thing. I've been living off of print credits at school, but hoping to get this thing up and running soon. I'll let u know if I have any luck. Oh, btw, somebody behind me in line while I was returning it, mentioned something about a Mac address and asked me if I had a screen on my printer. Any ideas what that means?

  14. #14
    Super Moderator Bamber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Totnes, Devon, UK
    Posts
    37,604
    Rep Power
    7965

    Default Re: I need help with my printer!! PLEASE somebody!!!

    MAC address (Media Access Control) is used to identify your printer to a network. If you are connecting through a cable directly to your computer you don't need to know it, if connecting to a network you do. Most printers have a little screen on them for setting up.
    Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

  15. #15
    Super Moderator Just Debbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas Baby!
    Posts
    9,502
    Rep Power
    5368

    Default Re: I need help with my printer!! PLEASE somebody!!!

    Did you ever get it figured out Sadie? If not,which version of windows are you using?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •