Thread: Getting debtors to pay up

Default Getting debtors to pay up

Hi, it's me again asking for your advice. Here's the story, I have a friend (roommate) she has a debt amounting to $200+ and I honestly don't know how to confront her. I have talked to her about it but it seems like she's ignoring me, what irritates me the most is that she have managed to buy a new phone and have her hair colored and curl in a salon. I will be needing that money since I will be moving out of that apartment soon and will transfer to a new one. She's also looking for a new apartment right now and she told me if I can pay for her bill as well and I said "no." The same scenario happened a year ago and I must say that she surely has an amnesia as she didn't pay her share, I think she actually thought that it's for free.

Default Re: Getting debtors to pay up

I don't think this is an issue for General Support, this section is for problems with the forums, I'm gonna move the thread to relationships

I know I'm something of a soft touch myself when it comes to lending money. All I can say from experience is not to lend money if you can't afford to lose it. There are people out there who will take advantage of your generous nature and it can be hard to spot them. I realise this isn't going to help you get your money back, but it is a warning for the future.
    Usquequaque in fimus; tantum altitudinem varius.

you might threaten her with a small claims law suit to see what she has to say...just mentioning a law suit may open a conversation with her
    i agree with Bamber
    i dont loan money ..i will give money when i can afford to..if i get it back thats just a bonus..but i never expect to

Maybe I will have to agree with Bamber and RK, I'll be more careful next time. I guess I should value the friendship that we have and try to set aside the debt issue.

Thanks @squirt for transferring it on the right forum thread.
    Last edited by heyitsxandra; 04-25-2017 at 04:52 AM.