Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Hurricane Irma

  1. #1
    Jokeroo VIP Status Manzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    57,038
    Rep Power
    6798

    Default Hurricane Irma

    Is anybody here in harms way? I know the Country's, little bit, Keta are all in Florida but the Country's are in Michigan right now just hoping their house isn't gone when they get back. I have family in Columbus Georgia that will get some of the storm and my cousin's daughter and granddaughters have evacuated Savannah Georgia just hoping everyone is safe. I'm hearing how crazy traffic is on the roads on Sunday it is suppose to hit keeping everyone in my prayers and thoughts




  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Upstate Florida
    Posts
    370
    Rep Power
    208

    Unhappy Re: Hurricane Irma

    Thank you Manzy. Hope not to be any body in harms way? Just taking up space and bandwidth here on Amelia Island. Aye'm 'bout ten feet or so above sea level at low tide, less than one mile from lake Atlantic, so eye bee safe, aye'm shore. Does not read to me to be Chamber of Commerce weather for the next few days. Women folk gonna need a whole lot of Aqua Net. Got me my stock of Brylcreem tubes. Jimmy knows best. Jimmy Buffet sings "Come Monday, it'll be all right." Just like got me wondering if maybe, just maybe, we are in the seventh inning stretch of a baseball game they talk about in the Book of Genesis, ya know, the first words in the Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.

    The first words in the Bible, in the book of Genesis, are…

    In the Big Inning.

    Have FUN! Stay Safe! Hope all y'all in the great southern state of jawja enjoy you're peaches!
    Wishing you oceans of love & fortune.

  3. #3
    Jokeroo Legend muchtrouble10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    109,949
    Rep Power
    4391

    Default Re: Hurricane Irma


  4. #4
    Jokeroo VIP Status sexysadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    in my little corner of the world....
    Posts
    65,449
    Rep Power
    8157

    Default Re: Hurricane Irma

    Be safe everbody!!

  5. #5
    Jokeroo Immortal stevent222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    235,398
    Rep Power
    6765

    Default Re: Hurricane Irma

    Never been in a Hurricane although have been in some floods in Wisconsin and Tornados. Out here in California there is flash flooding when the snow melts and all that runs into the valleys oh and earthquaks.

    Am parying for all that need it also.

  6. #6
    Jokeroo VIP Status Manzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    57,038
    Rep Power
    6798

    Default Re: Hurricane Irma

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamsfloatjoe View Post
    Thank you Manzy. Hope not to be any body in harms way? Just taking up space and bandwidth here on Amelia Island. Aye'm 'bout ten feet or so above sea level at low tide, less than one mile from lake Atlantic, so eye bee safe, aye'm shore. Does not read to me to be Chamber of Commerce weather for the next few days. Women folk gonna need a whole lot of Aqua Net. Got me my stock of Brylcreem tubes. Jimmy knows best. Jimmy Buffet sings "Come Monday, it'll be all right." Just like got me wondering if maybe, just maybe, we are in the seventh inning stretch of a baseball game they talk about in the Book of Genesis, ya know, the first words in the Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.

    The first words in the Bible, in the book of Genesis, are…

    In the Big Inning.

    Have FUN! Stay Safe! Hope all y'all in the great southern state of jawja enjoy you're peaches!

    Hope everything turned out okay - Jawja will find out today

  7. #7
    Jokeroo VIP Status Manzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    57,038
    Rep Power
    6798

    Default Re: Hurricane Irma

    Quote Originally Posted by muchtrouble10 View Post
    LOL!! damn gravity

  8. #8
    Jokeroo VIP Status Manzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    57,038
    Rep Power
    6798

    Default Re: Hurricane Irma

    Quote Originally Posted by sexysadie View Post
    Be safe everbody!!

  9. #9
    Jokeroo VIP Status Manzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    57,038
    Rep Power
    6798

    Default Re: Hurricane Irma

    Quote Originally Posted by stevent222 View Post
    Never been in a Hurricane although have been in some floods in Wisconsin and Tornados. Out here in California there is flash flooding when the snow melts and all that runs into the valleys oh and earthquaks.

    Am parying for all that need it also.
    Never have either but did hear a hurricane siren warning while in Miami once its scary!

    Was in the 89's Quake in Calif thats SCARY stuff too

  10. #10
    Administrator squirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    731,941
    Rep Power
    16254

    Default Re: Hurricane Irma

    we prayed so hard for the folks in Florida, all weekend, 3 of us, 4 of us, 5 of us ...
    BNO is also in Florida, as is Horty
    Hope to hear from them soon! ♥

  11. #11
    Senior Member LilMissPurrfect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In my own little happy world
    Posts
    11,322
    Rep Power
    3915

    Default Re: Hurricane Irma

    Big Papa is in Florida. He was keeping me updated but havenīt heard from him since yesterday.

  12. #12
    Jokeroo Immortal stevent222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    235,398
    Rep Power
    6765

    Default Re: Hurricane Irma

    Quote Originally Posted by Manzy View Post
    Was in the 89's Quake in Calif thats SCARY stuff too
    Naww when sitting at my pc desk I always try to remember to leave the brakes off of my wheelchiar that way if a Quake happens I can get a FREE ride across the room.

  13. #13
    Jokeroo VIP Status Manzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    57,038
    Rep Power
    6798

    Default Re: Hurricane Irma

    Queen Isabella and Jack (Tumbleweed) too in Georgia

  14. #14
    Jokeroo VIP Status Manzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    57,038
    Rep Power
    6798

    Default Re: Hurricane Irma

    Quote Originally Posted by stevent222 View Post
    Naww when sitting at my pc desk I always try to remember to leave the brakes off of my wheelchiar that way if a Quake happens I can get a FREE ride across the room.
    The Oakland Bay Bridge fell and killed a lot of people

  15. #15
    Administrator squirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    731,941
    Rep Power
    16254

    Default Re: Hurricane Irma

    prayers for BP and our Queen and her Jack too!

  16. #16
    Jokeroo Immortal stevent222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    235,398
    Rep Power
    6765

    Default Re: Hurricane Irma

    Quote Originally Posted by Manzy View Post
    The Oakland Bay Bridge fell and killed a lot of people
    Yes I remember that too I was in the Landers Quake in Palm Desert we had a lot of people hurt there also.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Upstate Florida
    Posts
    370
    Rep Power
    208

    Smile Re: Hurricane Irma

    Safe, all is well. Thank you, thank you very much for the prayers.
    Wishing you oceans of love & fortune.

  18. #18
    Jokeroo Enthusiast roadkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    20,038
    Rep Power
    1820

    Default Re: Hurricane Irma

    ​its good to know you are safe DFJ

  19. #19
    Senior Member likeaneagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    aussie
    Posts
    13,967
    Rep Power
    3060

    Default Re: Hurricane Irma

    Queenie Is safe (FB)

  20. #20
    Administrator squirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    731,941
    Rep Power
    16254

    Default Re: Hurricane Irma

    wonderful news, all!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •