Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jokaroo.com Donates $2,000 to Relief Efforts in Asia

jokarooLet's make it clear that well over 150,000 people have died and we are looking at to close to 1 million that will die to disease, die in the event, or have been injured.

Before we help people out, it's our duty as human's to help people that suffer the most. In my opinion, I don't think you can name a place in the world that is have more problems at this current moment. We are talking about 150,000 human beings, being American, Canadian, or whatever country you belong too means nothing! We are all 1, we are all human beings and its our duty to help our brothers out, regardless of what they believe or how they are suffering.

I believe it's a bit selfish and self centered to think that we should only help people in our own country. Like I said, we are all human.
    01-08-2005 12:27 AM

thank you Jokaroo

your comments are all so true

I agree with you totally

thank you again for your contribution to the help effort

the world has responed to this tragedy with an out pouring of support in so many ways

thanks again for your support and kindness in this matter

cjndee
    Click on the Animations
    To Visit the threads

That is soooo kind of you guys to help them in their time of need....Very proud to say that I am a member of the ROO

Quote Originally Posted by jokaroo
    Let's make it clear that well over 150,000 people have died and we are looking at to close to 1 million that will die to disease, die in the event, or have been injured.

Before we help people out, it's our duty as human's to help people that suffer the most. In my opinion, I don't think you can name a place in the world that is have more problems at this current moment. We are talking about 150,000 human beings, being American, Canadian, or whatever country you belong too means nothing! We are all 1, we are all human beings and its our duty to help our brothers out, regardless of what they believe or how they are suffering.

I believe it's a bit selfish and self centered to think that we should only help people in our own country. Like I said, we are all human.
    I NEVER SAID that we should ONLY help people in our own Countries!Only that It is a shame that we only help others in a tragedy and not year round.And that I find it hypocritical that our own people (whom suffer lesser tragic events granted )are suffering but we as a people ignore them but we rush to the aid of everyone else.
    And how can I be self centered and selfish when I do charity work year year round?I also have dropped everything in my life to move in with a woman(a member here) to take care of her 24/7 while she recovers from a serious injury,going on over amonth now; hmm real selfish of me huh?

It seems to me that no-one bothered reading anything I said after the first post.
    I said I should NEVER have posted that,and had deleted my first post out of respect for you Jokaroo.Even asked Icm to delete his so as not to take away any respect it deserves(your thread), he did not, so I left my defensive ones up too.It is only to make an example out of me and make me look bad that icm did not delete them.He even stated that in one of his replies.
    I am dissapointed in you Jokaroo, I have been trying to get this all deleted and cleared away,and if you had read my replies you would have seen that, but you came in and added fuel to the fire by backing ICM .I NEVER ONCE said what you did was bad in making a donation, never said anything agaist you or the roo.But you felt it necessary to say untrue things about me.I am NOT selfish and self centered.My entire life I have been involved in charity work since the age of 10 years old.

thank you essexboy!

In that dirty part of your mind that you can't ignore

Ok......I was gonna be quiet but I feel the need to clear up one small point........most of the "poor" people in our copuntry are poor because of their own bad choices. Mind you there are the exceptions, but 90% have done it to themselves.

The US is not broke! Far from it. It is not the governments job to fix all of the poor peoples problems. It is their responsibility to use the resources our government so generously affords to those in need and fix their own hell.

And......yes......we can take this to the debate forum....not a problem, as I am sure there are many with rose colored glasses who cannot see the painful truth!

AGAIN.........Good job Roo-guys. To think of others so devistated by nature's fury is commendable and always welcomed!! Just ignore the naysayers and feed them to the dabate thread....we'll set 'em straight in there!!

ICM.........I love it when you cuss and get nasty baby....turns me on!! LOL

In that dirty part of your mind that you can't ignore

Tsunami Poem

Mommy! A tsunami! You heard your young child say.
    But when you reached to take his hand, your son was washed away.
    Mommy! A tsunami! You heard his sister scream.
    You tried to run, but couldnšt move. You woke. It was a dream.

For us, a figment of our minds while blanketed in bed.
    But for those who were swept to sea, this nightmare left them dead.
    Did panic fill their final thoughts? I pray they sensed God near.
    I hope their death was swift so that they had no time to fear.

So why should we be spared such grief? Do we deserve to live?
    But since we dream what others saw, can we do less than give?

For mommies robbed of babies, for husbands who lost wives,
    For kids without their moms and dads, for all who have survived,
    Let's give help to the homeless, let's fund the food they need,
    Let's pray for people we don't know who claim a different creed.

~~Author Unknown

Regardless of religion, let's act on what we see, for God is pleased when we reach out. We are one family.

Senior Member flyonthewallnum#1's Avatar

And this is why I stay clear of the threads of this nature.

Thats all I have to say.
    Thanks wiremaster

Thanks Jokaroo for your precious gift to all those survivors, reguardless of what is said here you are doing a great job!

Quote Originally Posted by flyonthewallnum#1
    And this is why I stay clear of the threads of this nature.
    Sorry, but I think you (OUR GOOD FRIEND HERE AT THE ROO) "NEED" to get involved with subjects like this!

Sitting back & JUST watching doesn't get anything acomplished...so speak up my/our friend! Your advice is always welcome!

I'll "NEVER" stop speaking my heart/mind, but I also need other serious oppinions just to keep me in line! lol !

Dear desirablepheonix, I understand the worry. BUT also, I understand the immediate need the tsunami victims have. Immediately and without recourse.

Children without parents, parents without children, no food, small children drinking water that is contaminated because they thirst like you cannot imagine. The water poisoning their small fragile bodies. Now many are in critical care, just because they thirsted.

The temps in this region are sweltering, and we know without water, and food, their life span is significantly decreased each moment they do without.
    Millions are without so many of life's necessities.....We cannot begin to fathom the depths of their despair.

This was not warned about, it was an immediate natural disaster.
    They had no time to board up homes, or drive inland. It swept and tore their lives apart with great force.

I thank you for caring about American citizens. But even the poorest in America surely feel the heartfelt pain of loss this tragedy befell.

And without further making a novel here.. I wish everyone who has, to count their blessings. Peace to all, and WITH this hanging over the heads of the victims, please folks, let's not make this into a battle ground.
    Life is so short... make this instead a memorial for those who are lost, and those who mourn them.

Thank you Jokaroo, for taking your Blessings, and giving it back to those in the deepest need of this time.

Peace out!

Ephesians 5:3-5

3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity...these are improper for God's holy people. 4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jokaroo
    Press Release: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...eb/prweb193356

Jokaroo Entertainment Inc. Sends $2,000 to Relief Efforts in Asia
    Tue Jan 4, 7:00 AM ET

(PRWEB) January 4, 2005 -- Jokaroo Entertainment Inc, one the leading providers of entertainment online, announced today that they will be donating $1,000 to the relief efforts in Asia. Currently all donations made to the Indian Ocean Earthquake Emergency fund will be matched by the Canadian government, totaling Jokaroo"s donation to $2,000.

With the size of the catastrophe in Southeast Asia, Jokaroo Inc was left with no choice but contribute in any possible way. Both founders of the company, active philanthropists, Aleks Dugonjic & Chris Pavlovski were deeply saddened by the events.

"The incident in south and Southeast Asia was a great tragedy, and I feel that it is our duty as human beings to help each other out when needed the most" said Aleks Dugonjic.

This donation marks the first of its kind for Jokaroo Entertainment Inc. "You have to help them out. It"s not something you can avoid, nor should you" said Chris Pavlovski. "Donating and helping society grow as a whole is a key to unity and peace, something Jokaroo plans on doing on a much larger scale in new year."

Jokaroo Entertainment Inc. is one of the largest entertainment and media networks on the Internet serving over 6 million unique visitors each monthon its flagship property www.Jokaroo.com. The Company delivers fun and compelling diversionary entertainment that people use to communicate and connect along with providing users with a suite of value added services. People visit the network for animated content, newsletters, online greeting cards, streaming media, gaming, lifestyle matters, services, dating, news, and games.

The Company's core strategy is to provide an ever increasing suite of compelling services to its user base, thereby continuing to increase the life time value of its users who transact on the network. The Company generates revenues by both selling services, while also primarily offering 3rd party advertising on the Jokaroo network.

I, too, am so proud to be a member of jokaroo, keep up the good work guys!!!

Thank You Cynthia!!!

Thank you Aurora!!

Senior Member flyonthewallnum#1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man
    Sorry, but I think you (OUR GOOD FRIEND HERE AT THE ROO) "NEED" to get involved with subjects like this!

Sitting back & JUST watching doesn't get anything acomplished...so speak up my/our friend! Your advice is always welcome!

I'll "NEVER" stop speaking my heart/mind, but I also need other serious oppinions just to keep me in line! lol !
    I dont sit back ICM. I just dont come in lol Everytime I have came in to a forum besides funny pics, I always ended up in a thread with a bunch of bitchin and fightin. I didnt join ROO for that. So I hang in the Mature and fun pics sites. No squabbles.

Yes what Jokaroo did was most excellent. What the world is doin for the victims is most excellent. But I have to agree with DP also. The world, not just the U.S. has orphans, homeless, starving, sick, and dieing people. Why should it take a ACT OF GOD for the world to unite and help some.
    But that is NOT what this thread is about. It is for another. This is about The founders of our family givin to help those in need. I also am proud and honored to be part of this family. Thank you Jokaroo for lettin all see that we are good, lovin, carin people.

So for the sake of all that have given and said prayers for those victims, lets not ruin those contributions and prayers with name callin and bickerin amongst ourselves. THE FATHER WANTS NUTHIN THAT ISN'T GIVIN FREELY AND WITH LOVE!!!

flyonthewallnum#1
    Thanks wiremaster

Love the poem GrrlGenius!! Wonderful addition to this thread!

gooooood
    *!~xrJck~!*

Thumbs up

Way to go Jokaroo. You make all of us very,very proud to be a part of the roo family.

EddyK

I would expect nothing less than that from the "Roo". We, as decent humans, can NEVER forget such personal pain and sufferings as has happened in S. Asia...as well as Sept. 11th. God Bless Us All
    Thru these tears, yes I cry.
    So proud of those who live and die
    To make me safe and free to live.
    With all my heart, my thanks I give!

Created by, Rick H. ~DragonMaster~

Default Re: Jokaroo.com Donates $2,000 to Relief Efforts in Asia

Then why the fuck can't you pay me my 46.?? dollars?

Default Re: Jokaroo.com Donates $2,000 to Relief Efforts in Asia

Quote Originally Posted by stevent222 View Post
    Then why the fuck can't you pay me my 46.?? dollars?
    Hmmmm...Maybe because you are ten years too late???