Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jokaroo.com Donates $2,000 to Relief Efforts in Asia

Default Jokaroo.com Donates $2,000 to Relief Efforts in Asia

Press Release: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...eb/prweb193356

Jokaroo Entertainment Inc. Sends $2,000 to Relief Efforts in Asia
    Tue Jan 4, 7:00 AM ET

(PRWEB) January 4, 2005 -- Jokaroo Entertainment Inc, one the leading providers of entertainment online, announced today that they will be donating $1,000 to the relief efforts in Asia. Currently all donations made to the Indian Ocean Earthquake Emergency fund will be matched by the Canadian government, totaling Jokaroo"s donation to $2,000.

With the size of the catastrophe in Southeast Asia, Jokaroo Inc was left with no choice but contribute in any possible way. Both founders of the company, active philanthropists, Aleks Dugonjic & Chris Pavlovski were deeply saddened by the events.

"The incident in south and Southeast Asia was a great tragedy, and I feel that it is our duty as human beings to help each other out when needed the most" said Aleks Dugonjic.

This donation marks the first of its kind for Jokaroo Entertainment Inc. "You have to help them out. It"s not something you can avoid, nor should you" said Chris Pavlovski. "Donating and helping society grow as a whole is a key to unity and peace, something Jokaroo plans on doing on a much larger scale in new year."

Jokaroo Entertainment Inc. is one of the largest entertainment and media networks on the Internet serving over 6 million unique visitors each monthon its flagship property www.Jokaroo.com. The Company delivers fun and compelling diversionary entertainment that people use to communicate and connect along with providing users with a suite of value added services. People visit the network for animated content, newsletters, online greeting cards, streaming media, gaming, lifestyle matters, services, dating, news, and games.

The Company's core strategy is to provide an ever increasing suite of compelling services to its user base, thereby continuing to increase the life time value of its users who transact on the network. The Company generates revenues by both selling services, while also primarily offering 3rd party advertising on the Jokaroo network.

Lightbulb

Thanks you guys...Makes me very, very proud to be a part of this 'family'.

God Bless who gets the money and you who sent to them.

A Premium Jokaroo'er handymanmike92683's Avatar

Thumbs up

AMEN !!!
    THEY CERTAINLY NEED ALL THE SUPPORT THEY CAN GET
    THANX JOKAROO
    FOR MAKING ME PROUD TO BE A
    PART OF THIS FAMILY ALSO

Wonderful! The world has become a small place, and what affects one of us, affects all of us. Thanks for DOING something instead of just talking about what a tragedy it is.

Thats AWESOME!!! Not much more to say than that! Very Nice!!!

Proud to be a part of The Roo!!!

**I removed the pics I had posted earlier because I found out they were fake! I found a web site that warned of a lot of "photoshopped" pics of the Tsunami!

here's a few links if you would like to see some REAL pics!

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Tsunami_...mage_Galleries

http://jlgolson.blogspot.com/2004/12/tsunami-video.html
    Last edited by Ice Cream Man; 01-08-2005 at 06:56 AM.

I am so glad to see Jokaroo involved in something like this. I think it is very generous. God bless!

Good on you Jokaroo
    Makes us very Proud
    to be a Part of the Jokaroo Family
    They will Need
    all our help and support
    now and in the future months
    CJnDee
    Click on the Animations
    To Visit the threads

In that dirty part of your mind that you can't ignore

Whoo hooo!! I am so proud to be a member of the Roo Family! Great job Roo-guys! It is soo refreshing to see such generosity and kindness!

Wow...!!!

This is great news!!!! Thanks Jokaroo!

awesome guys

Great People do great things!!
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Default Jokaroo,we're proud of you

Quote Originally Posted by desirablephoenix
    This makes me mad. PLEASE read this before you judge me a monster.
    I feel for the people who were touched by this disaster, I really do.
    BUT, with all the millions of dollars they are already recieving,plus food, clothing etc, it makes me so mad that countries (like America) send all this help to other nations but they wont help their own people.We have millions of homeless,sick,dying people here in USA but yet we help everyone but our own?Our country is in the worst financial shape ever, gov. crying broke, but theres millions to send and help other countries when our own are so desperatly in need.What about our orphans whom have lost thier families to tragedies here? I feel that countries should take care of thier own problems and THEN help other nations.
    Sorry but thats the way I feel, and a lot of other people I know agreew with me.

Well, desirablephoenix,

"I THINK YOUR STATEMENT PROVES THAT
    YOU ARE A COMPLETE JACK-ASS!!!" - (Everyone can copy & paste that last statement, cause I meant it!!!)

in the history of the WORLD, this country has gave, given, suffered for charity, died for freedom, and put up with a UN that ACTUALLY steals the money that was intended for the needy!!! (don't forget the "DIED" part)

In a time of need & caring, when OUR own little world (THE ROO) came together with threads, prayers, cares, and an AWESOME jesture from the owners...

"YOU HAVE JUST MAKE A MOCKERY (of a beautiful jesture) & A HORRIBLE STATEMENT THAT WAS 'UNTIMELY' & 'IGNORANT'...to say the least!"

The reason that people are hungry & homeless in "YOUR" neighborhood, is because people like you are USELESS, HYPOCRITLICAL, LAZY "NO-DOERS" that just like to bitch, complain & nag..."BUT NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THE PROBLEM!" Stop criticiszing when 20 times the amount of HUMANS that died on 9-11, died in almost the same way! Whats the difference in a terrorist act & a natural act of God when it comes to your family members dying??????

Even though there could be more done to feed & shelter the needy people here in our own country (or any other country for that matter), it was NOT the time NOR place for your selfish, rude comment....and is NOT taken lightly by me!

Why don't you use your heart & brain the next time before you "TYPE"????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man

Well, desirablephoenix,

"I THINK YOUR STATEMENT PROVES THAT
    YOU ARE A COMPLETE JACK-ASS!!!" - (Everyone can copy & paste that last statement, cause I meant it!!!)

in the history of the WORLD, this country has gave, given, suffered for charity, died for freedom, and put up with a UN that ACTUALLY steals the money that was intended for the needy!!! (don't forget the "DIED" part)

In a time of need & caring, when OUR own little world (THE ROO) came together with threads, prayers, cares, and an AWESOME jesture from the owners...

"YOU HAVE JUST MAKE A MOCKERY (of a beautiful jesture) & A HORRIBLE STATEMENT THAT WAS 'UNTIMELY' & 'IGNORANT'...to say the least!"

The reason that people are hungry & homeless in "YOUR" neighborhood, is because people like you are USELESS, HYPOCRITLICAL, LAZY "NO-DOERS" that just like to bitch, complain & nag..."BUT NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THE PROBLEM!" Stop criticiszing when 20 times the amount of HUMANS that died on 9-11, died in almost the same way! Whats the difference in a terrorist act & a natural act of God when it comes to your family members dying??????

Even though there could be more done to feed & shelter the needy people here in our own country (or any other country for that matter), it was NOT the time NOR place for your selfish, rude comment....and is NOT taken lightly by me!

Why don't you use your heart & brain the next time before you "TYPE"????????????????
    Well sir, I think your opening statement says it all about you. If you had contacted me privatly and said this,or even suggested that I should move the thread,that would be one thing.But to come in here calling me names, making comments about my life (YOU DONT KNOW ME!) which are untrue you have proven yourself to be an idiot.How am I hypocritical?I do donate to charities like: Toys For Tots,Goodwill;even do volunteer work at my local homeless shelter.Every thread you disagree with ,you call people names, cussing for no good reason.REAL mature huh? I never once said "my neighborhood" I said this country. You think I made a mockery of this thread well you did worse by your foul mouth.Grow up and cut the foul langauge out it does nothing but show your mentality.You seem to always be here on at roo, maybe your the one who is lazy and does nothing with his life.
    Last edited by desirablephoenix; 01-06-2005 at 11:13 PM.

thank you essexboy!

Quote Originally Posted by desirablephoenix
    Well sir, I think your opening statement says it all about you. If you had contacted me privatly and said this,or even suggested that I should move the thread,that would be one thing.But to come in here calling me names, making comments about my life (YOU DONT KNOW ME!) which are untrue you have proven yourself to be an idiot.How am I hypocritical?I do donate to charities like: Toys For Tots,Goodwill;even do volunteer work at my local homeless shelter.Every thread you disagree with ,you call people names, cussing for no good reason.REAL mature huh? I never once said "my neighborhood" I said this country. You think I made a mockery of this thread well you did worse by your foul mouth.Grow up and cut the foul langauge out it does nothing but show your mentality.You seem to always be here on at roo, maybe your the one who is lazy and does nothing with his life.
    You made your negitive comment about American Charity, the Roo owners & also all the (145 thousand) victims & their familys PUBLICLY...so I made my comments PUBLICLY!

If it was such a good post, then why did you delete it! Everybody else came on here and said something nice & supportive, but I still say your post was uncalled for & very unthoughtful!

I speak my mind, and if I make a few enemies, so be it! Do you not realize that when a disaster like this happens, the victims & Countries & familys that have been "wiped out" NEED THE WORLD MORE THAN EVER?

Your statement that we (Americans) should NOT lend a helping hand was ignorant & selfish & thoughtless! And as far as my "foul mouth", I said jack-ass & NOT one other cuss word did I use!

I'll let you get the last word in, because I will NOT be back to this thread, but at least I DID catch your ridiculous post so everyone could read it....then THEY can see how inappropriate it was!

I hope to hell no one from Asia reads your post, because I would hate for them to think that we all think like you!

Peace...PLEASE!!!! Desirablephoenix, you DO have a point and I admire you for personally wading in and trying to do what you can for people. I think that is the BEST way to help. Unfortunately, most of us can't go over there and give the hands-on type help that you do. I think human decency demands that we do something. Money is sorely needed and we can do that. ICM...I admire your passion but you may want to cut some of us a little slack. You have a beautiful way with words and get your point across very well. Some of us don't have that skill...please try to read "between the lines." Now...give each other a hug and remember that we are "FAMILY"! (Think I could make it as a diplomat??? Can you tell I'm a mom???)

I deleted it because someone nicely pm'd and nicely asked me to,not because of what you said.And for you to be proud that you captured what I said and leave it on here is just plain spiteful,and once again YOU are now damaging this thread.I NEVER once said Americans shouldnt help them, nor did I ever say that it was bad that roo owners did,in fact I never mentioned them did I? All I said was, its sad that we(as a nation) help others far more than we help our own.That we should take care of our own first then others.Kind of like the saying "physchian heal thyself ". It is great that we pull together as a country and help those in need but at the same time a touch hypocritical because we have so many here in dire need of help themselfs, but we only help when it is politicly correct and ignore them the rest of the time.But if you want to brand me a horrible ignorant person because I care about people who live thru tragedies that happen everyday, then whatever.I CARE year round, not just when it's
    convienant or politicaly correct only.And yes, you have every right to post your opions pubicly, but there is no need for name calling or derogitive remarks on someones life when you dont even know them, thats immature.It is a shame that you feel you HAVE to leave the original post up, and your others as well we dont we be grown-ups and delete it all in respect of the owners? I deleted my first one out of respect to roo.And had I thought about it first (instead of letting emotions think for me) it would have been in the debate forum to begin with.It is up to you .

thank you essexboy!

Let's make it clear that well over 150,000 people have died and we are looking at to close to 1 million that will die to disease, die in the event, or have been injured.

Before we help people out, it's our duty as human's to help people that suffer the most. In my opinion, I don't think you can name a place in the world that is have more problems at this current moment. We are talking about 150,000 human beings, being American, Canadian, or whatever country you belong too means nothing! We are all 1, we are all human beings and its our duty to help our brothers out, regardless of what they believe or how they are suffering.

I believe it's a bit selfish and self centered to think that we should only help people in our own country. Like I said, we are all human.

Quote Originally Posted by jokaroo
    Let's make it clear that well over 150,000 people have died and we are looking at to close to 1 million that will die to disease, die in the event, or have been injured.

Before we help people out, it's our duty as human's to help people that suffer the most. In my opinion, I don't think you can name a place in the world that is have more problems at this current moment. We are talking about 150,000 human beings, being American, Canadian, or whatever country you belong too means nothing! We are all 1, we are all human beings and its our duty to help our brothers out, regardless of what they believe or how they are suffering.

I believe it's a bit selfish and self centered to think that we should only help people in our own country. Like I said, we are all human.

EXACTLY!

Thats why I was offended at that post! We're ALL supposed to be GODS CHILDREN and help out when help is needed! Not to mention that the job at hand can be dangerous in more ways than one, and also hard, depressing & tedious!

The last thing I wanted was for this thread to turn into this, but I CAN'T keep quite when I read something like that!

My appoligies to Jokaroo & the members for the uncomfortable, harsh words..but I'm NOT sorry for attacking her post!

DESIRABLEPHONIX: My hats off to you for the charity work you do & I know you're NOT a bad person, so I will leave you alone & forget this!

Lightbulb

Let's all remember....
    He's got the whole world in His hands!!