Page 1 of 612 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Basic PSP9 Tutorials

Default Basic PSP9 Tutorials

ADDING TEXT TO A PICTURE

1.Once you've opened up the picture that you want to add the text to..

2.Click on the colour square that I've labelled TEXT COLOUR
    This will bring up this....

By placing your mouse on the small circle thats inside the coloured outer circle you can drag the small circle around and watch the clours change.
    Once you've got the colour that you want your text click OK.

3.Then do the same thing to the colour that I've labelled TEXT BACKGROUND COLOUR

4.Now adjust the place that I've labelled STROKE..This adjusts the outside text background thickness.Normally I have it on 1 or 2,if you dont want a text background colour put the Stroke to 0.0

5.Now adjust the FONT,SIZE Ect.. Have the Create as..Vector.Then click on the place that I've labelled TEXT TOOL

Now Click anywhere on your picture,doesn't matter where,then type in your text,then Click APPLY.

6.Now if you run your mouse slowly along the text you'll find a place where the A and cross changes into a 4 way arrow cross,thats the tool you need to move the text so when you get that 4 way arrow left click the mouse and drag the text into the place on the pic where you want it positioned.Then Click CTR AND D on your keyboard to deselect the text.

7.If you want a Shadow for your text goto EFFECTS..3D EFFECTS..DROP SHADOW.
    At the top of the Drop Shadow box is a curly arrow,click on that to default the shadow settings.That way you dont have to worry about mucking anything up,and you can play with the vertical and horizontal settings to get a effect you like.then Click OK.

8.Now if you goto ADJUST..ONE STEP PHOTOFIX The Computer will adjust the Font to one it thinks is more suited to the pic,if you like the change then great,if you dont then just click UNDO.

9.Now goto LAYERS..MERGE..MERGE ALL FLATTEN.

10.Picture finished,now ready to SAVE. When you goto FILE..SAVE AS..CLICK ON THE SAVE AS TYPE Down Arrow,then you can choose to save the picture as JPG or GIF.

I hope this helped a little to get used to PSP 9.

Quote Originally Posted by essex boy

ADDING TEXT TO A PICTURE

1.Once you've opened up the picture that you want to add the text to..

2.Click on the colour square that I've labelled TEXT COLOUR
    This will bring up this....

By placing your mouse on the small circle thats inside the coloured outer circle you can drag the small circle around and watch the clours change.
    Once you've got the colour that you want your text click OK.

3.Then do the same thing to the colour that I've labelled TEXT BACKGROUND COLOUR

4.Now adjust the place that I've labelled STROKE..This adjusts the outside text background thickness.Normally I have it on 1 or 2,if you dont want a text background colour put the Stroke to 0.0

5.Now adjust the FONT,SIZE Ect.. Have the Create as..Vector.Then click on the place that I've labelled TEXT TOOL

Now Click anywhere on your picture,doesn't matter where,then type in your text,then Click APPLY.

6.Now if you run your mouse slowly along the text you'll find a place where the A and cross changes into a 4 way arrow cross,thats the tool you need to move the text so when you get that 4 way arrow left click the mouse and drag the text into the place on the pic where you want it positioned.Then Click CTR AND D on your keyboard to deselect the text.

7.If you want a Shadow for your text goto EFFECTS..3D EFFECTS..DROP SHADOW.
    At the top of the Drop Shadow box is a curly arrow,click on that to default the shadow settings.That way you dont have to worry about mucking anything up,and you can play with the vertical and horizontal settings to get a effect you like.then Click OK.

8.Now if you goto ADJUST..ONE STEP PHOTOFIX The Computer will adjust the Font to one it thinks is more suited to the pic,if you like the change then great,if you dont then just click UNDO.

9.Now goto LAYERS..MERGE..MERGE ALL FLATTEN.

10.Picture finished,now ready to SAVE. When you goto FILE..SAVE AS..CLICK ON THE SAVE AS TYPE Down Arrow,then you can choose to save the picture as JPG or GIF.

I hope this helped a little to get used to PSP 9.

TADAAAAAA!!!!!
    ESSEX, I JUST LOVE YOU!!!...LOL OK , THIS IS MY VERY FIRST ATTEMPT, SO WHAT DO YA THINK???
    ITS LIKE I AM HIGHER THAN I HAVE EVER BEEN!!!...LOL THANKS FOR THIS TUT AND THIS THREAD!! PLEASE I ENCOURAGE ANYONE WHO WANTS TO ADD TO THIS THREAD WITH ANYTHING THEY KNOW HOW TO DO ON PSP9, TO PLEASE ADD, AS EVEN THE SMALLEST THINGS MAKE PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF SOOOO HAPPY WHEN WE LEARN HOW TO DO IT!!! ALL MY LOVE ESSEX AND TO EVERYONE!!!...WITCHYREDROSE.
    ╰დ╮ᗯITᑕᕼYᖇEᗪᖇOᔕE ╭დ╯

Quote Originally Posted by Witchyredrose

TADAAAAAA!!!!!
    ESSEX, I JUST LOVE YOU!!!...LOL OK , THIS IS MY VERY FIRST ATTEMPT, SO WHAT DO YA THINK???
    ITS LIKE I AM HIGHER THAN I HAVE EVER BEEN!!!...LOL THANKS FOR THIS TUT AND THIS THREAD!! PLEASE I ENCOURAGE ANYONE WHO WANTS TO ADD TO THIS THREAD WITH ANYTHING THEY KNOW HOW TO DO ON PSP9, TO PLEASE ADD, AS EVEN THE SMALLEST THINGS MAKE PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF SOOOO HAPPY WHEN WE LEARN HOW TO DO IT!!! ALL MY LOVE ESSEX AND TO EVERYONE!!!...WITCHYREDROSE.

That's brilliant RedRose.
    For a first attempt it looks really good.
    If you go to Society now lil ms grouch has just made a thread for a free full version of animation shop 3.
    If you dont have one this is a fantastic offer as the animation shop is needed to make the sparkles,I'll do a tutorial about them much later

Cool

That's brilliant RedRose.
    For a first attempt it looks really good.
    If you go to Society now lil ms grouch has just made a thread for a free full version of animation shop 3.
    If you dont have one this is a fantastic offer as the animation shop is needed to make the sparkles,I'll do a tutorial about them much later
    Well Thankyou soooo much!!! I have gone to the thread from lil miss grouch, and now I have both psp9 & animation 3, I am soooooo looking forward to your next tutorial, cuz I luv sparkles!!!...lol Thankyou for all your help!! You've be the best!!!!....Witchyredrose.
    ╰დ╮ᗯITᑕᕼYᖇEᗪᖇOᔕE ╭დ╯

Well the sig pic I have now and the one I had right before this one, I did the text on with psp9. Although I did it a bit different. Am gonna try this way to see if I can change a few things with it! Thanks Essex, this is great!!!!!!

Default Thanks Rainy and Rose,glad you're finding it usefull.

This tutorial is how to use the Clone Brush

I'll use these 2 images to clone the Angel onto the other picture.

1.Open the 2 pictures up so they are 2 seperate images.

2.Click on the CLONE BRUSH,You can then adjust the size,the smaller the pic to be cloned the smaller size needed,I'm using 10 for this part.The lower the Opacity you use the more transparant the clone picture will be.

3.Now right click on the Picture that you are going to clone onto the other.
    So I'm right clicking on the Angel.

4.Now open the picture that you are going to clone your picture onto.
    Hold down the left click on the mouse and paint the picture into place.

5.You now could end up with something like this.

Now to get rid of the areas that you dont want,goto VIEW..ZOOM..ZOOM IN MORE..place your mouse onto the part of the picture that you want to copy,left click then clone over the excess picture.Once you get near to the picture make the size smaller so you can get more accurate.
    If you make any mistake then use undo,once it's finished goto VIEW..ZOOM..ZOOM OUT MORE.
    If the blending doesnt look right then clone over the part you dont like.
    Once finished save the picture.
    This is also the way that you get rid of parts of a picture that you dont want on your signature.

Default This way is a better way to add 2 images than using the Clone Brush.

1.Open up the 2 images that you're going to use as seperate images.
    I'll be using these two.

2.Click on the FREEHAND SELECTION TOOL.
    If the freehand selection tool isn't there use the down arrow to choose it.

Now goto the image that you're going to paste into the background and roughly cut around it.
    Theres no need to try to get it perfect,it still has to be edited.
    Now goto EDIT..CUT.

3.Now goto the Picture that you're going to use as your background.
    Then goto EDIT..PASTE AS NEW LAYER.

It will now look like this

4.Now select the BACKGROUND ERASER TOOL

5.Now goto VIEW,ZOOM,ZOOM IN MORE.
    You can now hold down the left mouse click and rub out all the excess from the pasted picture.Then goto VIEW..ZOOM..ZOOM OUT MORE.

6.Now if you goto LAYERS..PROPERTIES. You can play around with the OPACITY.
    The lower the OPACITY,The more transparant the pasted picture becomes.
    I'm putting mine at 60.

7.Now goto LAYERS..MERGE..MERGE ALL FLATTEN.

8.Now goto ADJUST..ONE STEP PHOTOFIX.
    This will adjust the picture the way the computer recommends.
    If you like it..SAVE,If you prefer the pic the way it was then CLICK THE UNDO.Then SAVE.

I hope you enjoyed that..this is my finished picture

Essex...I love you!!!! I have been silently trailing along behind everyone, but the BIG thing is I AM LEARNING, TOO!!!! I'm not at all comfortable doing anything yet, but I have been able to add my name to several pics. (For several days I couldn't even get a picture up to work on, so you can see why I'm sooo excited. ROFL) Anyway...I am s-l-o-w, but making progress...all thanks to you!

06/12/79 - 03/23/17
    RIP Jessie

Oh Essex! This is so wonderful of you to do! I would almost have your child! LOL JK
    I am not gonna post what I did, but I was able to do a pic that way, it just didnt turn out like I wanted it, but I will see if I can fix it up a bit better, you are a wonderful person for helping us like this!
    You deserve a BIG THANK YOU!!!!!!

LOL,Thanks much trouble and Rainy,that makes this thread worthwhile already.

This one is how to add your own watermark to a picture.

1.Open up the picture that you're going to use.
    I'll be using this one.

2.Goto Layers..New Raster Layer.
    When the layer popup box is there click on the curly arrow to get the default settings.
    Anytime you change any settings like that one you can always get back to default by clicking that curly arrow.

3.Click on the Text tool,make the text colour WHITE then click on your picture.

4.Type in the text that you want for your Watermark,then posistion the text where you want it placed on the picture.
    Then press CTRL and D to deselect the text.

5.Now go to VIEW..PALETTES..LAYERS.

You'll now see the layer palette and the top row will say VECTOR 1

6.You'll see two arrows pointing towards each other just after the eye.
    One up and one down arrow,drag these to the left and you'll see the watermark fade.
    Adjust the arrows till you think it looks right for your watermark.

8.Goto ADJUST..ONE STEP PHOTOFIX.
    If you like the one step adjustment SAVE..If not UNDO then SAVE.
    This is my picture with my watermark.

Awesome thread, Essex!! You are such a wonderful man for helping like this!! *hugs*

All I can say Essex is~ YOU ROCK!!!!!

Looks like everyone is havin fun

Smile

1.Open up the 2 images that you're going to use as seperate images.
    I'll be using these two.

2.Click on the FREEHAND SELECTION TOOL.
    If the freehand selection tool isn't there use the down arrow to choose it.

Now goto the image that you're going to paste into the background and roughly cut around it.
    Theres no need to try to get it perfect,it still has to be edited.
    Now goto EDIT..CUT.

3.Now goto the Picture that you're going to use as your background.
    Then goto EDIT..PASTE AS NEW LAYER.

It will now look like this

4.Now select the BACKGROUND ERASER TOOL

5.Now goto VIEW,ZOOM,ZOOM IN MORE.
    You can now hold down the left mouse click and rub out all the excess from the pasted picture.Then goto VIEW..ZOOM..ZOOM OUT MORE.

6.Now if you goto LAYERS..PROPERTIES. You can play around with the OPACITY.
    The lower the OPACITY,The more transparant the pasted picture becomes.
    I'm putting mine at 60.

8.Now goto ADJUST..ONE STEP PHOTOFIX.
    This will adjust the picture the way the computer recommends.
    If you like it..SAVE,If you prefer the pic the way it was then CLICK THE UNDO.Then SAVE.

I hope you enjoyed that..this is my finished picture

WELL, I FELL A LITTLE BEHIND WITH ALL THE CRAZINESS IN MY LIFE LATELY, BUT I HAD THE CHANCE THIS MORNING TO LOOK OVER THIS ONE AND I WAS ABLE TO MAKE THIS...

THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR THIS THREAD ESSEX!!! I AM LOVING THIS!! BLESSED BE .... WITCHYREDROSE
    ╰დ╮ᗯITᑕᕼYᖇEᗪᖇOᔕE ╭დ╯

Default Thats brilliant Rose,glad everyone is having so much fun.

This one is making a globe,and saving it as a Picture Tube.

It's leading on to the sparkles and learning a little about animation,but I don't want anyone getting confused and losing heart so I'll do it one step at a time.

This first part is making the Glass Globe

1.You need to click on the white New Image just under File.
    Once the popup box opens up make sure the TRANSPARENT is ticked and make the size 400 x 400, and Raster Background.

2.Now you need the select tool,with the drop down arrow on eclipse.
    If the rectangle select tool isnt there use the drop down arrow to select it.

3.Now begin in the center of the page,hold down the shift key on your keyboard and draw the shape for your glass globe.
    You'll end up with your eclipse globe shape,with the marching ants around it.we still have to make it look like glass.

4.Now you have to use the flood fill tool,it's on the left above the TEXT TOOL.
    Make the Foreground setting on white and the opacity 25.

5.Now we have to turn the picture into glass.
    Goto EFFECTS..3D EFFECT..CUT OUT.

6.Now put the settings like this...

7.Now we are going to save the globe as a PICTURE TUBE.

PRESS CTRL and D..To deselect the picture.
    Now goto FILE..EXPORT..PICTURE TUBE.

8.This will give you a popup box to name your globe.
    After you've named your globe click OK and it'll save.

To see what it's like to use a PICTURE TUBE open any picture.
    Click on the picture tube tool..It's 3 places above the text tool.
    Now near the top left hand corner ..after PRESETS is a White square with the tube tool picture.
    Click on the down arrow on the right hand side of the white square and it'll open up to show the Picture tubes available.
    Put the category as ALL,and you can scroll down to find your newly saved Globe.
    Now you can close the normal globe down,no need to save as we'll be working on it from the saved Picture Tube next time

Default This is how to download SPARKLES and the Globe base.

Now that we have the globe we need to download the sparkles and the globe base ready for the animation.

HERES A GREAT SITE TO GET SPARKLES FROM
    PSP8 Sparkle Tubes

HERES A GREAT PLACE TO GET THE GLOBE BASE FROM
    Snowglobe Bases Picture Tubes

Both of these the SPARKLES and the BASE are all PICTURE TUBES.
    So they both get downloaded in the same way.

1.When you choose the ones you want and click to download them you will get asked if you want to open or save them..CLICK OPEN

2.You will now get this..

3.Click..extract all files then NEXT.
    You'll now be given a browse tool.
    Click Browse...My Computer..Your C Drive..Program files..Jasc software Inc..Paint Shop Pro 9..Picture tubes...Then click OK
    Now click NEXT The tubes will then extract then click finish.

Default We are now going to make an animation and sparkles.

HERES SOME GREAT SITES TO GET SPARKLES FROM

http://leliasloft.tripod.com/sparkletubes.htm

http://janaly.com/Tubes/etoiles/etoiles.html

http://gothicangel.50megs.com/sparkletubes.html

HERES SOME GREAT PLACE'S TO GET THE GLOBE BASE FROM

http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/wav/305/gbase2.htm

http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/wav/305/gbases.htm

http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/wav/305/gbase3.htm

We are now going to make an animation and sparkles.

I'm going to use this animation and the Globe Picture tube that we made earlier.

1.First I open the animation in Animation shop 3.
    This opens it up in 3 frames.

2.Now you have to goto PSP 9 and open up a new image.
    Make the size 400 x 400 and click the transparent box

Now click on the Picture tube icon,then use the down arrow to find the glass globe you made before.
    Then click Raster Deform tool to move the Glass Globe to where you want it on the pic.
    Then click the Move tool to deselect the picture

Now the first picture in PSP 9 EDIT..COPY..Then goto ANIMATION SHOP 3

4.Now you need to go to edit..copy then close the glass globe pic without saving.
    Now goto edit... PASTE..PASTE AS NEW IMAGE.

5.Now goto Layer..New Raster Layer..then click OK

6.Now goto the select tool and choose the shape as Eclipse.

7.Now move to the middle of the glass globe and draw a large eclipse in the globe leaving some spaces around the inside.

8.Now goto the flodd fill tool,it's the one above the text tool,have the OPACITY as 50,then place the flood fill tool inside the marching ants inside the glass globe and left click.

9.Now press CTRL and D to deselect the picture,then use the MOVE TOOL to get the Eclipse evenly spaced in the glass globe,then goto LAYERS..MERGE..MERGE VISIBLE.

Then goto EDIT..PASTE..PASTE as new image,do that twice so that you have 3 copies of the glass globe.

10.Now you need to goto the ANIMATION SHOP 3
    Goto the first frame of the animation then EDIT..COPY

11.Back to the PSP 9..Open one of the glass globe pics and click onto the MAGIC WAND TOOL
    You'll find it in the down arrow where the select is..one under the move tool.
    Left click with the magic wand inside the eclipse inside the glass globe then goto EDIT..PASTE..PASTE INTO SELECTION Then press CTRL and D to deselect the picture.

12.Now back to the ANIMATION 3,then goto the second frame and EDIT..COPY

Back to PSP 9 and the next glass globe,do the magic wand then paste into selection.

13.Back to animation shop 3,edit copy the last frame then back to PSP 9,magic wand then edit..paste ..paste into selection.

Now you have the 3 animation frames all inside the 3 glass globes.
    You can now use the sparkle picture tubes on all 3 glass globes.
    Its important to only have the sparkles on the animation not on the glass globe as gifs dont accept partial transparent pictures.
    Goto the picture tube icon and find the sparkles from the drop down arrow and place the sparkles around on the 3 pictures,space then out nicely,and have different places for the sparkles on each of the 3 pictures so that when its animated it will sparkle.

14.Goto the first picture in PSP 9,then goto EDIT..COPY
    THEN goto the ANIMATION SHOP 3..Goto EDIT..PASTE.. AS NEW ANIMATION.

15.Now back to PSP 9,The second picture..EDIT..COPY
    Back to ANIMATION SHOP 3 then EDIT..PASTE..AFTER CURRENT FRAME
    The two glass globes will then be in the same animation.

16.Now back to PSP 9..The last picture..EDIT..COPY
    Back to ANIMATION SHOP 3..EDIT..PASTE AFTER CURRENT FRAME

17.All 3 glass globes are now in the animation.
    If you right click on each of the frames that will open up the individual timers and you can adapt the timers as it suits you.
    If you click on the view animation icon you can see your animation work.

This is my finished glass globe animation
    Sorry this was so long but I hope you learned a lot about both PSP 9 and Animation shop 3 from it.

Default This tutorial is how to do the twinkles or sparkles

I started off with this star picture

1.I made 2 more copies of the picture by going to edit..copy
    then edit..paste as new image,then edit..paste as new image again.

2.I now have 3 copies of the star picture.
    Open up one of them then goto the picture tube tool,
    use the drop down arrow to select a sparkle amd make the size 20

3.Space the sparkles around and place around 10 sparkles onto the picture.
    Then goto ADJUST..ONE STEP PHOTOFIX
    If you decide to use the photofix you have to remember to use the photofix when you make the other 2 frames too.
    If you prefer the pic before the one step photofix then click undo and dont use the one step photofix one either of the 2 other frames.
    Now goto EDIT..COPY

4.Now open up the Animation Shop 3
    Goto EDIT..PASTE..AS NEW ANIMATION
    Then back to the psp 9

5.Now close down the first twinkle picture,
    we already have it in the first frame of animation shop
    We now have to work on the second image.

6.Open up the second image,select the picture tube tool
    and a sparkle then change the size to 10

7.Now space the sparkles out again and make around 10 sparkles on the picture.
    If you used the ADJUST..ONE STEP PHOTOFIX on the first frame then use it again now.
    Then goto EDIT..COPY Then go back to the ANIMATION SHOP 3.

8.Goto EDIT..PASTE..AFTER CURRENT FRAME
    Then back to the PSP 9 for the last picture.

9.Close down the picture that you already worked on.
    We already have that in the animation shop 3.
    Now to work on the last frame.

10.Use the picture tube..sparkle..and change the size to 15
    Then once again space out around 10 sparkles
    Use the ADJUST..ONE STEP PHOTOFIX If you used it in the other frames.
    Then goto EDIT..COPY..Then it's back to the ANIMATION SHOP 3

11.Make sure the second frame is selected then goto EDIT..PASTE..AFTER CURRENT FRAME

12.We now need to slow the animation down .
    Right click on each of the 3 frames and set the timers on 20 then click OK

13.Then goto file..save as..make sure it's gif that's selected then name the animation
    then clive SAVE
    It will save the picture as optimised,just click next till finish.
    When it asks better quality or smaller make sure it's on better quality.

This is my finished animation
    I hope this helped you to understand sparkles a little more

Essex are you havin fun?
    lol
    Looks great hun

I did it!! Thank you for all the instructions, Essex! You are the greatest..