Page 5 of 200 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Bible Verses For The Day..............

Smile

Mark 4:3-20
    3) "Listen! A sower went out to sow. 4) And as he sowed, some seed fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured it. 5) Other seed fell on rocky ground, where it had not much soil, and immediately it sprang up, since it had no depth of soil; 6) and when the sun rose it was scorched, and since it had no root it withered away. 7) Other seed fell among thorns and the thorns grew up and choked it, and it yielded no grain. 8) And other seeds fell into good soil and brought forth grain, growing up and increasing and yielding thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold." 9) And he said, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear." 10) And when he was alone, those who were about him with the twelve asked him concerning the parables. 11) And he said to them, "To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside everything is in parables; 12) so that they may indeed see but not perceive, and may indeed hear but not understand; lest they should turn again, and be forgiven." And he said to them, "Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables? 14) The sower sows the word. 15) And these are the ones along the path, where the word is sown; when they hear, Satan immediately comes and takes away the word which is sown in them. 16) And these in like manner are the ones sown upon rocky ground, who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with joy; 17) and they have no root in themselves, but endure for a while; then, when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately they fall away. 18) And others are the ones sown among thorns; they are those who hear the word, 19) but the cares of the world, and the delight in riches, and the desire for other things, enter in and choke the word, and it proves unfruitful. 20) But those that were sown upon the good soil are the ones who hear the word and accept it and bear fruit, thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold."

Jokeroo VIP Status mountainlion20032003's Avatar
    North Dakota! Roaming In Mountainlion Country!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 2manytears
    Mark 4:3-20
    3) "Listen! A sower went out to sow. 4) And as he sowed, some seed fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured it. 5) Other seed fell on rocky ground, where it had not much soil, and immediately it sprang up, since it had no depth of soil; 6) and when the sun rose it was scorched, and since it had no root it withered away. 7) Other seed fell among thorns and the thorns grew up and choked it, and it yielded no grain. 8) And other seeds fell into good soil and brought forth grain, growing up and increasing and yielding thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold." 9) And he said, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear." 10) And when he was alone, those who were about him with the twelve asked him concerning the parables. 11) And he said to them, "To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside everything is in parables; 12) so that they may indeed see but not perceive, and may indeed hear but not understand; lest they should turn again, and be forgiven." And he said to them, "Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables? 14) The sower sows the word. 15) And these are the ones along the path, where the word is sown; when they hear, Satan immediately comes and takes away the word which is sown in them. 16) And these in like manner are the ones sown upon rocky ground, who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with joy; 17) and they have no root in themselves, but endure for a while; then, when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately they fall away. 18) And others are the ones sown among thorns; they are those who hear the word, 19) but the cares of the world, and the delight in riches, and the desire for other things, enter in and choke the word, and it proves unfruitful. 20) But those that were sown upon the good soil are the ones who hear the word and accept it and bear fruit, thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold."
    Thank you for adding that hun! Hugs!

Wink Glorify Him In All Things!

Glorify Him In All Things!

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do,
    do it all for the glory of God.

1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV

As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God; whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

1 Peter 4:10,11 NASB

O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?

Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?

For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Romans 11:33-36 KJV

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift:
    Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God
    is the object of our faith; the only faith
    that saves is faith in Him.

Read Through the Bible in a Year

August 28: John 7:25-52, 1 Chronicles 29, Zechariah 13 Click Here for the complete schedule Or Copy and paste this link into your browser:
    http://www.arcamax.com/ttb-yr.html

Weekly Meditation

He is good...He is our righteousness

The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the voice of them that shall say, Praise the LORD of hosts: for the LORD is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: and of them that shall bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the LORD. For I will cause to return the captivity of the land, as at the first, saith the LORD.

Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Again in this place, which is desolate without man and without beast, and in all the cities thereof, shall be an habitation of shepherds causing their flocks to lie down.

In the cities of the mountains, in the cities of the vale, and in the cities of the south, and in the land of Benjamin, and in the places about Jerusalem, and in the cities of Judah, shall the flocks pass again under the hands of him that telleth them, saith the LORD.

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised unto the house of Israel and to the house of Judah.

In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land.

In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness.

Jeremiah 33:11-16 KJV

Translations: CEV - Contemporary English Version
    ESV - English Standard Version
    KJV - King James Version
    MSG - The Message
    NASB - New American Standard Bible
    NIV - New International Version
    NKJV - New King James Version
    NLT - New Living Translation
    RSV - Revised Standard Version

Quote Originally Posted by mountainlion20032003
    He Loves Us!

He upholds the cause of the oppressed
    and gives food to the hungry.

The LORD sets prisoners free,
    the LORD gives sight to the blind,
    the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down,
    the LORD loves the righteous.

The LORD watches over the alien
    and sustains the fatherless and the widow,
    but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.

The LORD reigns forever,
    your God, O Zion,
    for all generations.
    Praise the LORD.

Psalm 146:7-10 NIV

For as a young man marrieth a virgin,
    so shall thy sons marry thee:
    and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride,
    so shall thy God rejoice over thee.

Isaiah 62:5 KJV

"I will make an everlasting covenant with them that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; and I will put the fear of Me in their hearts so that they will not turn away from Me.

I will rejoice over them to do them good and will faithfully plant them in this land with all My heart and with all My soul."

Jeremiah 32:40,41 NASB

July 28: 1 Corinthians 14:1-25, 2 Kings 8, Jonah 3 Click Here for the complete schedule Or Copy and paste this link into your browser:

Weekly Meditation

Longing to be with Him!

What a beautiful home,
    GOD of the Angel Armies!
    I've always longed to live
    in a place like this,

Always dreamed of a room in your house,
    where I could sing for joy to God--alive!

Birds find nooks and crannies in your house,
    sparrows and swallows make nests there.
    They lay their eggs and raise their young,
    singing their songs in the place where we worship.
    GOD of the Angel Armies! King! God!

How blessed they are to live and sing there!

Psalm 84:1-4 The Message

that is a vey nice thread doug!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by buttercups
    that is a vey nice thread doug!
    Thank you hun! I appreciate that! Welcome back! Hugs! :D

Thank you hun! I appreciate that! Welcome back! Hugs! :D
    thank you! the cookout was moved to 5:30. you've done quite a bit of threads. this one really is beautiful!

Wink

thank you! the cookout was moved to 5:30. you've done quite a bit of threads. this one really is beautiful!
    Thank you sweetie! I have a animal health one too I will need to bring forward and have some to add to it! Big hugs! Hope to see ya later? Hugs!

Thank you sweetie! I have a animal health one too I will need to bring forward and have some to add to it! Big hugs! Hope to see ya later? Hugs!
    i will definetely be around. doug sometimes when you post do you get a hour glass and it won't let you do anything.? that keeps happening to me and cat we have to get out of jokaroo and go back in. very irritating! lol!

Wink

i will definetely be around. doug sometimes when you post do you get a hour glass and it won't let you do anything.? that keeps happening to me and cat we have to get out of jokaroo and go back in. very irritating! lol!
    Yes it does happen so I log off and log back in! Yes irritating GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Hugs!

Yes it does happen so I log off and log back in! Yes irritating GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Hugs!
    thank you!

Thank you for adding that hun! Hugs!
    You're very welcome hun

Wink

thank you!
    You are very welcome my dear! Hugs!

Wink

You're very welcome hun
    Appreciate it hun! Does your Yahoo messenger work yet hun? Hugs!

Have a lot of trouble with it when I have it on. Keeps wanting to close IE so I've been keeping it off lately.

I'll have to check on it when I have time. Don't feel like messing with it right now

Wink Do All For The Sake Of The Gopel!

Do all for the sake of the gospel

Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law.

To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

1 Corinthians 9:19-23 NIV

A new commandment I give to you,
    that you love one another:
    just as I have loved you,
    you also are to love one another.

By this all people will know that
    you are my disciples,
    if you have love for one another."

John 13:34,35 ESV

If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, 'Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself', ye do well:

James 2:8 KJV

August 25: John 6:22-59, 1 Chronicles 24, Zechariah 10 Click Here for the complete schedule Or Copy and paste this link into your browser:

Weekly Meditation

Have Faith...Like a Mustard Seed

A Kernel of Faith

He said to his disciples, "Hard trials and temptations are bound to come, but too bad for whoever brings them on! Better to wear a millstone necklace and take a swim in the deep blue sea than give even one of these dear little ones a hard time!

"Be alert. If you see your friend going wrong, correct him. If he responds, forgive him. Even if it's personal against you and repeated seven times through the day, and seven times he says, "I'm sorry, I won't do it again,' forgive him."

The apostles came up and said to the Master, "Give us more faith."

But the Master said, "You don't need more faith. There is no "more' or "less' in faith. If you have a bare kernel of faith, say the size of a poppy seed, you could say to this sycamore tree, "Go jump in the lake,' and it would do it.

Luke 17:1-6 The Message

KJV - King James Version
    MSG - The Message

Wink

Have a lot of trouble with it when I have it on. Keeps wanting to close IE so I've been keeping it off lately.

I'll have to check on it when I have time. Don't feel like messing with it right now
    Ok hun! I thought maybe something was wrong? We can communicate this way or I can pm when I get close to 14,000! Thanks hun! Hugs!

Wink The Lord Made Us And He Will Complete That Which Concerns Us...........

The Lord made us and He will complete that which concerns us...

Your hands fashioned and made me,
    and now you have destroyed me altogether.

Remember that you have made me like clay;
    and will you return me to the dust?

Job 10:8,9 ESV

But the path of the righteous
    is like the light of dawn,

That shines brighter and brighter
    until the full day.

Proverbs 4:18 NASB

For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

But if you bite and devour one another, take care that you are not consumed by one another. But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.

Galatians 5:13-16 NASB

Being confident of this very thing,
    that he which hath begun a good work in you
    will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Philippians 1:6 KJV

August 24: John 6:1-21, 1 Chronicles 22:2-23:32, Zechariah 9 Click Here for the complete schedule Or Copy and paste this link into your browser:

Weekly Meditation

Have Faith...Like a Mustard Seed

Temptations to Sin

And he said to his disciples, "Temptations to sin are sure to come, but woe to the one through whom they come! It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were cast into the sea than that he should cause one of these little ones to sin. Pay attention to yourselves!

If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him, and if he sins against you seven times in the day, and turns to you seven times, saying, 'I repent,' you must forgive him."

Increase Our Faith

The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!"

And the Lord said, "If you had faith like a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it would obey you.

Luke 17:1-6 ESV

KJV - King James Version
    MSG - The Message

Ok hun! I thought maybe something was wrong? We can communicate this way or I can pm when I get close to 14,000! Thanks hun! Hugs!
    LOL!! No, nothing is wrong. You can PM me and if you don't hear back from me, just send me an email if you want.
    I'm gonna try to look at it tomorrow sometime and see what I can do!
    Just too lazy to try to see about it today LOL

Wink

LOL!! No, nothing is wrong. You can PM me and if you don't hear back from me, just send me an email if you want.
    I'm gonna try to look at it tomorrow sometime and see what I can do!
    Just too lazy to try to see about it today LOL
    Wow! So great to hear from you again! I miss talking to you! As you can see I have been pretty busy this weekend on here! LOL! I have replied and posted close to over 400! LOL! I hope to be at 13,500 tonight! I will make 14,000 this week i hope? Hugs to you hun!

Wow! So great to hear from you again! I miss talking to you! As you can see I have been pretty busy this weekend on here! LOL! I have replied and posted close to over 400! LOL! I hope to be at 13,500 tonight! I will make 14,000 this week i hope? Hugs to you hun!
    LOL!! Well, you're burning up the threads LOL
    I'm sure you'll make the 13,500 in no time!!