Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Posting of Copyright Materials

that right there is WHY I have an avatar with my name on it lol

well you lucky gal I wish I could get one with my name on it lol nice to see you g/f even if I got one I most probably could not get it on lol

TY MICHELLE

if you have one you like, it's nothing but a thing to put your name on it Kami lol I make tags now lol it's SO good to see you, g/f!!! *big, big, BIG hugs!!!*
    AND lol I can put avatars in these days too! lol

It's fascinating to think that all around us
    there's an invisible world we can't even see ♥

every picture and all is copywrighted by someone

Quote Originally Posted by essex boy View Post
    rolls eyes
    I wonder when they draw or make a tube of a model or actress or singer if they get permission and give them some of the money they make of using them and all

well I make tags and I dont make no money from it
    so no copyright infringement intended

wishing I was a lollipop.....

Quote Originally Posted by hortysir View Post
    wishing I was a lollipop.....
    MAAAUH

How ya been, babe!!!
    Enforcing copyrights is like putting a screen door on a submarine..
    If it's something someone created and put some work in to, yea.....but snagging a pic off the net and PSP-ing it up and personalizing, to me, isn't infringement.

Quote Originally Posted by hortysir View Post
    How ya been, babe!!!
    Enforcing copyrights is like putting a screen door on a submarine..
    If it's something someone created and put some work in to, yea.....but snagging a pic off the net and PSP-ing it up and personalizing, to me, isn't infringement.
    well I think if they are going to copywright tubes and stuff...they should wipe out all copyright which would mean the whole forum
    we come here for fun and we dont make no money from anything we make
    So no copyright infringement intended and nothing they can do unless they have this law license that costs alot and alot dont have

Quote Originally Posted by lil_ms_grouch712003 View Post
    well I think if they are going to copywright tubes and stuff...they should wipe out all copyright which would mean the whole forum
    we come here for fun and we dont make no money from anything we make
    So no copyright infringement intended and nothing they can do unless they have this law license that costs alot and alot dont have

well said grouchie
    well said grouchie

Hya, hope I'm ok adding to these, but when I was looking for info on copyright material etc (had lot of help here ty!) I found a lot of sites are using this disclaimer,

**COPYRIGHT NOTICE**
    In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107,
    any copyrighted work contained herein is distributed under fair use
    without profit or payment for non-profit research, education
    or criticism purposes only.

I agree with the previous posts about some of the artists are only in it for money & everythings MINE, I personally would have thought artists would be honoured to have there work on peoples creations, I know I would be :D Loved the point about if you use a tube of a celebrity do you pay them too? If you dont want your work being used by people to create graphics and show how wonderful your work is then dont put it online Then again you wouldnt be making the money then would you :s Sorry had to put my 2peneth in lol Merry Xmas!! mxxx

we respect the artist's right to make a living from their creations, if we treat them with respect, we get the same in return

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

the c law only last 7 years,da

Some that make those pretty pics, I just ask them to make them for me.. I have no time right now... Essex I also want to thank ya fer the time ya had spent doing my pretty pics.. I have some great pics that was made and she shared with a tag.. Told us we could have them if we wish.. So I hope that the copy writes stays theirs.

Only the actual artist can copyright their work. Popeye Wong allows you to use his art to make tags etc free of charge. If you make a tag with his art the copyright is still his. If i made a tag with his art i can't copyright that tag to me. The copyright is owned by Popeye Wong ... it doesn't matter what i do to it. If someone then takes the tag i made and puts their name on it instead of mine then all i can do is moan ... it's what they call ripping. I didn't paint the original picture or take the original photo ... therefore i don't own the copyright to that tag .... all i did is add some fancy bits and put my name on it. The same stands if i purchased a Keith Garvey tube and made a tag from it, the copyright is STILL Keith Garvey's even if i paid money for the tube and have a license to use it ... if someone then takes my tag and removes my name and puts theirs on it . there's nothing i can do about it but moan .. lol .. Even though i purchased the tube the copyright still belongs to the artist .. not to me. I'm afraid if people don't like others ripping off their tags then they should pack in making tags! As long as the original artist's copyright is on the tag and that artists allows his art to be used or you buy his tubes .. then that's all the law asks for. The artists do have rights and they own the copyright to their art .. us taggers do not. The only way under law we can copyright a tag we have made is if we have taken the photo ourselves or if we have drawn or painted the image.

I would be proud if someone thought a tag i made good enough to go to the trouble of putting their name on it and use it as a siggie tag!

hugs Hushpup

that's the way I feel, I don't even sign what I make because none of the original components are truly "mine" ... and if someone thinks it's good enough to use, that makes me very happy lol

Jokeroo VIP Status TakinMyLyfeBack's Avatar

I dont get mad at all if someone uses a tag I have created.......at times I watermark my signature....msyross creationz in the background...barely visible...so that it can be identified as my creation...but I dont care too much if someone was to snag it and use it...there is still my name on it showing I put it together..but not copyrighting it.....I think it is a pleasure for someone to want to use my creations......
    Home Sweet Home
    I may stray from time to time, and lose my way....
    I know my ROO FAMILY will always lift my spirits and help me find the strength to carry on.

Same here Squirt!

I've not been in here for ages ... major problems in real life. Just about back to normal now. The first thing i saw was that yet another thread had been deleted because of so called copyright. It really makes me sad ... and mad!

A few months ago i joined a very strict copyright awareness group for taggers and snaggers run by and also for reps from the tube licensing companies and i found out a hell of a lot about the real copyright laws and what they can and can't do to enforce them. They aren't really bothered by the taggers in groups like this who are just doing it for fun and aren't deliberately ripping off the artists. I just wish people wouldn't panic and start deleting threads when they think they are being threatened. But i can't say i blame them really because some of the so called 'copyright police' can make it sound like you've committed some heinous crime ... lol

hugs hushpup

it was easier to delete the thread than to go through and remove the posts in question the offer was made by the moderators here to do the clean up and we got permission to restore the thread lol