Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Posting of Copyright Materials

Well said Wiremaster I lost my Grandma right when I started here at the Roo and people were so friendly and nice that's why I decided to stay and WitchyRedRose I really wish you wouldn't consider leaving over all of this. I know it's upsetting and I am confused by it all too but we would miss you! Also I'm so confused I don't know what to put in as my sig pic lol

very well said wiremaster and please dont leave because people have their panties in a twist witchyred
    deleted..blocked by putfile

Quote Originally Posted by Wiremaster
    I personally have thousands of pics literally on my hard drive in all kinds of formats psp, psd, jpg, tubs, or gifs. I got them from said sharing groups. I do not alter the names or copyright names off the pics I have put a name on and I don't cover it up. But My question is if you didn't want the world to see your art, creations or work why did you share it in the first place? What is the purpose of sending a pic out to hundreds of unknown people if you didn't want it seen or used. you should know that at some point that pic will no longer have an identifying mark left on it and there is no way a person can ever trace it back to you to ask your permission to use it
    I am not talking about the person that intentionally rips the pics and uses them for financial gain, these ladies and gentlemen here are justn using them for identification purposes only and most only use them for a very short time and will change pics to another one they liked. This is in no way malisciuos nor did they intentionally hurt anyone. In some small way maybe you should feel a little glad that they thought so highly of your creation to want to show it.
    They didn't set out to hurt you or any other artist and still do not have that intent, you however have hurt several people and that was your intent. You could at least checked the Roo out and found out it is just a bunch of common people enjoying themselves in a harsh cruel world, it is an avenue of escape of real life. Humor and jokes, poems and stories. We laugh together and we cry on each others shoulders, we feel grief when a member loses a family member. Check us out and see if we are the bad people you seem to think we are. I don't think that is to much to ask of you.
    very well said and my point exactly thank you Wiremaster

Far, Far Away ... the Queen has corrupted me....

I personally have thousands of pics literally on my hard drive in all kinds of formats psp, psd, jpg, tubs, or gifs. I got them from said sharing groups. I do not alter the names or copyright names off the pics I have put a name on and I don't cover it up. But My question is if you didn't want the world to see your art, creations or work why did you share it in the first place? What is the purpose of sending a pic out to hundreds of unknown people if you didn't want it seen or used. you should know that at some point that pic will no longer have an identifying mark left on it and there is no way a person can ever trace it back to you to ask your permission to use it
    I am not talking about the person that intentionally rips the pics and uses them for financial gain, these ladies and gentlemen here are justn using them for identification purposes only and most only use them for a very short time and will change pics to another one they liked. This is in no way malisciuos nor did they intentionally hurt anyone. In some small way maybe you should feel a little glad that they thought so highly of your creation to want to show it.
    They didn't set out to hurt you or any other artist and still do not have that intent, you however have hurt several people and that was your intent. You could at least checked the Roo out and found out it is just a bunch of common people enjoying themselves in a harsh cruel world, it is an avenue of escape of real life. Humor and jokes, poems and stories. We laugh together and we cry on each others shoulders, we feel grief when a member loses a family member. Check us out and see if we are the bad people you seem to think we are. I don't think that is to much to ask of you.

You are, without a doubt, the SWEETEST man .....

Thank you for describing us so eloquently!!!!!

As I sit here and read everything that has gone on ... I wonder why an artist would be so angry to have their pic displayed in this forum. We are loving, caring people. We are friends that share so much with one another. We are from all over the world. No one, would intentionally steal from another person for the sake of having fun here. I know, I receive so many pics with my name on them and without. I will ask the more talented members here to add my name for me or glitter to them. It is so I can display an image that entertains my friends and makes me feel good as well.

I understand your hard work and talent should not go unnoticed. However, we are not mean spirited nor judgmental people. I would think that if you approached things differently ... you might actually have made many friends here. You might actually like it here , when you truly get to know the people we are.

Maybe sit and read some of the larger threads where we talk to one another, help people with real life medical issues, or with addictions, or better yet, where we sit and talk just for fun. You might see ... we are everyday people, just like you, but in here we are relaxed and unwind from the world outside. It seems that you might need a place like that ... try us .... you might like us. Just have your friends be nicer about things and not attack before accusing us. We are all very defensive of the friends we have here and always standup for one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchyredrose
    I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHY WHOLE THREADS HAD TO BE DELETED BEFORE ANYONE HAD THE CHANCE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS GOING ON, OR HAD THE CHANCE TO RESPECTFULLY DELETE THE PICTURES THEMSELVES. I AM PRETTY SURE THAT ALL THE PICS IN THOSE THREADS WERE NOT COPYWRITE. I JUST THINK THAT IS NOT VERY FAIR. WE SHOULD OF BEEN GIVIN AN ALLOTTED TIME TO REACT TO THE PROBLEM AND THEN IF ANYONE DIDNT COMPLY, YOU COULD OF JUST DELETED THERE POSTS, NOW THE WHOLE THREAD IS GONE AND WE ALL HAD TO SUFFER. I AM NOT SO SURE THIS IS THE PLACE FOR ME. I FEEL LIKE NOTHING I HAVE TO SAY IS EVEN CONCIDERED. I MAY JUST LEAVE. ALSO I HOPE MY MEMBERS GALERY PICTURES ARE DELETED AS I HAVE ASKED THEM TO BE , AS I AM NOT SURE IF ANY HAVE COPYWRITE AND I DONT WANT TO BE LABLED A THIEF THANKYOU VERY MUCH.
    I completely agree with you about the threads! and please dont leave over this BS

yes..please dont leave witchyredrose

Quote Originally Posted by Witchyredrose
    I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHY WHOLE THREADS HAD TO BE DELETED BEFORE ANYONE HAD THE CHANCE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS GOING ON, OR HAD THE CHANCE TO RESPECTFULLY DELETE THE PICTURES THEMSELVES. I AM PRETTY SURE THAT ALL THE PICS IN THOSE THREADS WERE NOT COPYWRITE. I JUST THINK THAT IS NOT VERY FAIR. WE SHOULD OF BEEN GIVIN AN ALLOTTED TIME TO REACT TO THE PROBLEM AND THEN IF ANYONE DIDNT COMPLY, YOU COULD OF JUST DELETED THERE POSTS, NOW THE WHOLE THREAD IS GONE AND WE ALL HAD TO SUFFER. I AM NOT SO SURE THIS IS THE PLACE FOR ME. I FEEL LIKE NOTHING I HAVE TO SAY IS EVEN CONCIDERED. I MAY JUST LEAVE. ALSO I HOPE MY MEMBERS GALERY PICTURES ARE DELETED AS I HAVE ASKED THEM TO BE , AS I AM NOT SURE IF ANY HAVE COPYWRITE AND I DONT WANT TO BE LABLED A THIEF THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

WR ... Please don't leave over this silliness. No ... not silly to the artist, but I do think it could have been handled much better. I understand that from the legal standpoint the Roo probalby had to make a decision. I wonder if the problems from the weekend had anything to do with this issue though .....

Make me wonder a lot. If these people are this talented ... could they have accomplished that???

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderWeb
    WR ... Please don't leave over this silliness. No ... not silly to the artist, but I do think it could have been handled much better. I understand that from the legal standpoint the Roo probalby had to make a decision. I wonder if the problems from the weekend had anything to do with this issue though .....

Make me wonder a lot. If these people are this talented ... could they have accomplished that???
    i never thought of that. yea maybe they shut us until the forum people saw the threads were deleted

Quote Originally Posted by demonfaerie
    i never thought of that. yea maybe they shut us until the forum people saw the threads were deleted

It is just a thought ... of course, I will not accuse any one person ... but hey ... something certainly happened and this breaks ... a little too obvious for me .....

yea..

hey michelle. where is Shirley and what does she think about all this

Arrow

I don't think that anyone has to leave... I think Pixel Judy has done a great job in explaining it to you all.. And she is a very kind lady, and wow certainly a patient one as well...

And it seems that everyone is understanding it all alot more now..

Tempers can flare when people are upset.. I am one of the worst offenders for that for sure.. But in my original post I did try and explain to Shirley, and asked her very nicely to not use Rakhaniel stationary for tags etc.... but that thread has also been deleted now..

Thing is Judy and heather and Lynn and Myself and other creators out there know how you enjoy friendships here and such, because we actually own our own groups and have those same type of friendships within our owned groups and others we are members of.. But they are email groups, not forums... We are just the same as you, but also different because we use a program called Incredimail... www.incredimail.com which is a email program and we create and make the stationary for people to use why writing emails. We don't create the stats for forums or for use anywhere on the big WWW except for use within the incredimail email program...

Instead of writing a email on a boring white background, we use our stationary to write our messages on, and we share it as a complete thing, not chopped up..

I truly reccomend getting it and giving it a try... it is a fab program and if you like to show off tags and such and use the stationary, well it would be worth giving it a go and trying..

Maybe even own your own yahoo group? Which you also might encourage your friends from here to join.. Its all free and is alot of fun.. Anyway just a thought, but thanks Judy for explaining it all so nicely..lol.. clever gal huh? lmao..

Hope it is all clearer and sorted out for most of you now..

Good luck with it all and take care..

Hugs

Char

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderWeb

WR Please do not leave the Roo because outsiders have come in with a holier than thou attitude and declared a war on 38,000 members. There are lots of PSP and Photoshop users that are not so greedy, for the lack of a better word, to not share their talents with the less talented. I myself have just started getting into the design end. I may not be as fast as the other talented ladies yet but as I get better speed will too. When I get better I will put my own stuff on here to share with my extended family here. Ladies and Essex ya'll have been doing some excellent work and have actually improved some of the art you have added the glitter too and the stars too. Don't stop now, start looking into doing your own creations now. You have the talent , use it Up till now I have added pics to your threads from time to time I have lots of webpages that graphics helpers are free to snag from and I will share them with you in a couple days. I will either post them for all or PM them to you. In return I would like to see you all putting some good stuff out there that you are proud to show.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakhaniel
    I don't think that anyone has to leave... I think Pixel Judy has done a great job in explaining it to you all.. And she is a very kind lady, and wow certainly a patient one as well...

And it seems that everyone is understanding it all alot more now..

Tempers can flare when people are upset.. I am one of the worst offenders for that for sure.. But in my original post I did try and explain to Shirley, and asked her very nicely to not use Rakhaniel stationary for tags etc.... but that thread has also been deleted now..

Thing is Judy and heather and Lynn and Myself and other creators out there know how you enjoy friendships here and such, because we actually own our own groups and have those same type of friendships within our owned groups and others we are members of.. But they are email groups, not forums... We are just the same as you, but also different because we use a program called Incredimail... www.incredimail.com which is a email program and we create and make the stationary for people to use why writing emails. We don't create the stats for forums or for use anywhere on the big WWW except for use within the incredimail email program...

Instead of writing a email on a boring white background, we use our stationary to write our messages on, and we share it as a complete thing, not chopped up..

I truly reccomend getting it and giving it a try... it is a fab program and if you like to show off tags and such and use the stationary, well it would be worth giving it a go and trying..

Maybe even own your own yahoo group? Which you also might encourage your friends from here to join.. Its all free and is alot of fun.. Anyway just a thought, but thanks Judy for explaining it all so nicely..lol.. clever gal huh? lmao..

Hope it is all clearer and sorted out for most of you now..

Good luck with it all and take care..

Hugs

Char
    yes and shirley hasnt been on roo all day.......and her new thread wasnt copywrighted

WR Please do not leave the Roo because outsiders have come in with a holier than thou attitude and declared a war on 38,000 members. There are lots of PSP and Photoshop users that are not so greedy, for the lack of a better word, to not share their talents with the less talented. I myself have just started getting into the design end. I may not be as fast as the other talented ladies yet but as I get better speed will too. When I get better I will put my own stuff on here to share with my extended family here. Ladies and Essex ya'll have been doing some excellent work and have actually improved some of the art you have added the glitter too and the stars too. Don't stop now, start looking into doing your own creations now. You have the talent , use it Up till now I have added pics to your threads from time to time I have lots of webpages that graphics helpers are free to snag from and I will share them with you in a couple days. I will either post them for all or PM them to you. In return I would like to see you all putting some good stuff out there that you are proud to show.
    That's a very good idea WireMaster! I have some links too that I could share of websites with tags that are free for everyone to use!! That would make a very good thread especially now that everyone has to be afraid of which images they can and can't use in their signature!

Quote Originally Posted by annie81
    i have a question? almost all of like the famous cartoons like scooby and garfield are technically copywrited are we allowed to use them?
    no, the Hanna Barbara website states that their characters are all registered trademarks and all images created by the studio are not to be altered. Now if some person draw's a likeness of Scooby and you use it you are safe.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootbabe
    That's a very good idea WireMaster! I have some links too that I could share of websites with tags that are free for everyone to use!! That would make a very good thread especially now that everyone has to be afraid of which images they can and can't use in their signature!

and if they want to continue to be the way they are ... we can send the emails and IM's telling people to avoid their sites ..... childish .. maybe but it sure seems that is what they want ....

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_darkangel
    that is the very point im tryign to make these artist come in here guns blazing and didn't even stop to ask questions. All of the images i use are eiter my creation or direct links from where i found them if you find any in mine take it up with the site i found it at.
    this is a really crappy attitude and you are part of the problem...not the solution. It's your choice to help or hinder...you decide what kind of person you want to be.

I'm only here trying to inform you and point out when you are abusing obvious works that are not for the taking.

Do not be afraid of the copyright laws. Whether or not you actually go thru the time and expense to register a copyright, anything you create is automatically deemed to be copyrited to you. Dezired Dreams went thru that a few years ago and learned that real quick. If you create it, it is copyrited.
    If Jokaroo wants to get technical, every joke, cartoon, and pic posted on the Roo in every thread is copyrighted to somebody

Please include me in the PM Wiremaster...
    Thank You!!