Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Posting of Copyright Materials

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_darkangel
    Well as you can see thoseof the Roo have united as well, we wouldn't have minded if some of yall had come in here and did things differently. I don't care whether or not it was you that did the attacking but if one attacks unprovoked then all that fallowed will be looked at with causion and responded to with sharp tounges. Its the way of the world, and of humanity.

You said:

I don't care whether or not it was you that did the attacking but if one attacks unprovoked then all that fallowed will be looked at with causion and responded to with sharp tounges.

Now you're catching on!

We don't care if it was YOU that did the snagging, ripping or copyright infringements...ALL those that use a forum that's designed for discussion as a means to share art are going to have to get the brunt of the people in here behaving badly.

So you are no different that we are.....we finally have something in common...LOL

Jason= Its also not the way to solve anything. Bickering and fighting is only going to cause more and more threads to be shut down. You dont want that, and we dont want that.

We are here to help you determine which graphics are safe to use. We deal with this sort of thing everyday.

Someone asked about disney- off limits. You cant use them. They are copyrighted by people who make a whole lot more money than you and I ever will in our lifetimes....lol
    As much as I love Eeyore, I dont use him on images anymore. I saved the ones I have from years ago- but you wont ever see them because I dont share them either.

This doesnt have to be ugly. We are a great group of people. We just work hard on our work and dont want to see it ripped apart. We share it in the hopes that someone will like it enough to share it with someone else- and so on. We dont share it to see someones name all jumpy on it the next day. It makes us, as creators, look bad.

That sounds reasonable to me....

06/12/79 - 03/23/17
    RIP Jessie

Well I have tons of pics saved on my computer for future use as signatures, I can't draw the beautiful pics that the artists do but love to make them into signatures. Are you suggesting that I ask each and every artist for permission to use them? What if we don't alter the copyrights and watermarks? Could we still use them, with sparkles and such added? I also don't use completely nude women in my signatures and if they are exposed I dress them, or cover them in some way. What can someone like me do in this case?

I would also love the links to the site that allow use of their pics, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderWeb
    Yes... I do know that .. but I bet she didn't ... seems they take everything so personally and without any laughter in their lives ... what sad, sad people .....
    -i have read this whole thread,and i don't see what the big deal is about all this copyrighted pics.if there are copyrighted images or pics, then the person who started the thread should be told in im or pm,and given proper time to have them taken off.not delete the whole thread,that is so wrong of jokaroo.i am so upset over this myselfi have been lucky to not have and in my threads so far that arent,but with so many threads,who's to know how many ppl do have,its so wrong to have a thread deleted by the creater because someone posted with copyrighted material.who's to say someone doesnt like someone,so they deliberately post in that thread just to have it deleted.and dont think ppl havent thought of this too, with all the crap going on lately.i don't deliberately steal someone's copyright,im sent jokes and funny pics in my email

Thank You Cynthia!!!

Thank you Aurora!!

Quote Originally Posted by sewnutzcl1
    Well I have tons of pics saved on my computer for future use as signatures, I can't draw the beautiful pics that the artists do but love to make them into signatures. Are you suggesting that I ask each and every artist for permission to use them? What if we don't alter the copyrights and watermarks? Could we still use them, with sparkles and such added? I also don't use completely nude women in my signatures and if they are exposed I dress them, or cover them in some way. What can someone like me do in this case?

I would also love the links to the site that allow use of their pics, thank you!
    i would also like to know the name of this website that is completely legal,plz let us know,thank you

Thank You Cynthia!!!

Thank you Aurora!!

Maybe I don't under stand all that copyright stuff i noticed that i was misseing some post.....I don't ever change the names of the pic and I never take credit for making any of the pic I post....so PLEASE help me understand what was wrong with my pic's I am a member of a tag group and I share the tags that i have been sent

Far, Far Away ... the Queen has corrupted me....

Quote Originally Posted by CAR_creatorsunite
    Jason= Its also not the way to solve anything. Bickering and fighting is only going to cause more and more threads to be shut down. You dont want that, and we dont want that.

We are here to help you determine which graphics are safe to use. We deal with this sort of thing everyday.

Someone asked about disney- off limits. You cant use them. They are copyrighted by people who make a whole lot more money than you and I ever will in our lifetimes....lol
    As much as I love Eeyore, I dont use him on images anymore. I saved the ones I have from years ago- but you wont ever see them because I dont share them either.

This doesnt have to be ugly. We are a great group of people. We just work hard on our work and dont want to see it ripped apart. We share it in the hopes that someone will like it enough to share it with someone else- and so on. We dont share it to see someones name all jumpy on it the next day. It makes us, as creators, look bad.

Okay ... I understand all this ... if you were all going to join and be a member of the roo, whether for a short period or long period ... why didn't you start a thread as a discussion thread and start that way .... Coming in with both barrels blazing is not the way to handle the situation of this magnitiude in an orderly or calm fashion.

I wished things would have been handled differently and we all would be happier and working together ... now ... fences need mending and apologies given ....

I will start ... I do apologize for my harshness .... but not the ignorance I have to the situation. That is something I need to learn more of as I go along ... but not this morning or this afternoon ... I was up all night and will now need cat naps in between to take care of my children ....

So I am off at least until later this evening .....Take care and have more patience with some of us that need to learn a lot more.

Ok lets see if I get this right, you send out your "art" in e-mails to "share", but we cant do anything with it except keep it to ourselves...But...You send it out in mass e-mails, which is a lot of people...Hmmmmm...Why bother "sharing" it, if we cant use it??? Talk about confusing...There are many artist's who "share" w/o any complaints, unlike yourselves.

If I may make a suggestion...If you dont really want to "share", dont send it to us anymore!

Let me give you an example of what your asking us to do...If I buy a coke to "share" with you, but I say you can only hold the coke, is that sharing???

Another thing I feel was rotten to do was just shut everything down...No warning, suggestions, NOTHING!!!
    That is not a professional way of running a board, and yes I know how to run one...I have a few, and I treat my staff and members with RESPECT!!!...If they do anything wrong, I sit down and explain it to them FIRST!!!...We didn't get any of this!!!

Last, but not least...Everything is made by someone, so are you going to end up taking everything away???

To some of us, this was what we enjoyed doing...Making others happy, which now leaves nothing!

I also will be leaving soon along with others that are part of keeping this place running...Thats sad!

Essex started a new thread this morning:
    http://board.jokaroo.com/showthread.php?t=70786

In another thread, one of the artist ladies is sharing some of her work:
    http://board.jokaroo.com/showthread.php?t=70789

Please help spread the word...I have to go to work now, but if we can all cooperate, things will become alot smoother.

06/12/79 - 03/23/17
    RIP Jessie

Wink

Thanks Much, I was on my way to it. If anyone has more links if they could please add to Essex's thread it would be appreciated. So for now, seeing as I was going to start making sigs again, I will suspend that till I can get some pics saved that will be legal to use.

as you can see from a artisic veiw point that the people on ROO Love art.

And like all art it expresses one self when its made, people can ideniy and see there own personallities in them.

The Roo is a wonderfull advertizeing veical for any artis its seen around the world and could expose your work to millions of people that would otherwise never even understand its froam. im sure theres a lot of artises that would nt mind this exposure.

My question is would artises be willing to donate some pices of there work with tags but with a tag saying for froum usage you now like older stuff or pieses you really dont like. so that the people on this froum can have some artistic play with it and still be abvle to express them selfs with really nice work?

creeating guildines for pieces that are acseptable and those that are not would give those here now and into the future and understanding of what they can and canot used

im not an artis I was married to one and vist the local school and talk with artises i love there personallyties the longer you stay here the more you will see that these are your kind of people artis in there own right but rough art the kind you wish you still had un educated expression

Oh string ons are
    Hey give me back my Gasple!!

It states right here in

Ive read all 12 of your post and have no clue what your talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by fallen
    Well, I guess that answers the age old question...Does the roo actually read these posts? I guess you have to bitch and moan to be heard around here! Thanks for nothing! Fallen

It states right here in

im still at a lost you have to say what your thinking

Threads: 70,170, Posts: 1,087,517, Members: 44,337
    Welcome to our newest member, aztecrose75

All of my posts don't have anything to do with one another. I have been here for a while and just been a lurker. Why don't you go to talk to the team, which is supposed to be where you can go and talk to the roo team, and see what I was talking about.

It states right here in

if you see something that already has a watermark (yanno a little name somewhere on it) then you do not want to alter it in any way. You will be safe in just viewing and admiring the creativity. Usually a watermark is a sign of a completed project and not intended to be manipulated in anyway.

A good link to go to is:

www.renerosity.com

www.deviantart.com

These are big artist community's...they will let you know in their own galleries whether or not you can snag their work and alter it.

Hope this helps.

Judy

the moderaters are listed at the bottom of each section sweety send them a private message it will say if there on line underneith the talk to the team section

Ok. It is very simple. There is a talk to the team forum. You are supposed to be able to ask the Roo people about things. They don't answer any of those things. People even wonder if they ever read any of this crap on here. Someone goes in using !'s and CAPS and the Roo people jump! Maybe we all should start doing that. Maybe there will be some answers around here.

It states right here in

Quote Originally Posted by LovinLifeSingle7
    Ok lets see if I get this right, you send out your "art" in e-mails to "share", but we cant do anything with it except keep it to ourselves...But...You send it out in mass e-mails, which is a lot of people...Hmmmmm...Why bother "sharing" it, if we cant use it??? Talk about confusing...There are many artist's who "share" w/o any complaints, unlike yourselves.

If I may make a suggestion...If you dont really want to "share", dont send it to us anymore!

Let me give you an example of what your asking us to do...If I buy a coke to "share" with you, but I say you can only hold the coke, is that sharing???

Another thing I feel was rotten to do was just shut everything down...No warning, suggestions, NOTHING!!!
    That is not a professional way of running a board, and yes I know how to run one...I have a few, and I treat my staff and members with RESPECT!!!...If they do anything wrong, I sit down and explain it to them FIRST!!!...We didn't get any of this!!!

Last, but not least...Everything is made by someone, so are you going to end up taking everything away???

To some of us, this was what we enjoyed doing...Making others happy, which now leaves nothing!

I also will be leaving soon along with others that are part of keeping this place running...Thats sad!

hon we share it for viewing and enjoyment...not to take it and change it....just like any other artist paints a painting...you would take a painting and paint over it would you?

It's the same thing.

We do not circulate these pieces to have them altered. They are completed when we hit the send button and share them.

I hope that answers your question.

www.renerosity.com ? I don't think that's a good link. That www.deviantart.com link worked though.

I was trying to make a point. Guess people don't get it!
    Hmmm wondering why I get a "reputation remark" from this fallen to get out no one wants me here..........kinda funny I've helped so many this morning.......maybe you should drop the attitude and direct it at the ones who pissed you off. I helped not hurt anyone!!!

Your point is noted and understood but ...... your fastes answers will come in the way i mentioned
    I was trying to make a point. Guess people don't get it!

It states right here in