Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Posting of Copyright Materials

I have a question I have tons of blank tags that have been given to me am I not allowed to share them also? I am afraid to share anything I haven't made myself and with my busy life sharing blanks is easier but want to check
    I can also make blanks to if I have to so that I can help others
    I enjoy sharing and helping in any way that I can just at a loss since I seem to not know everything that was givin to me but the blanks I have were through people I know and they are true blanks
    thanks for any help you can give me
    hugs
    Shirley

i have no clue who it is there new look to see how many posts they make wikk tell you if they are a long term member sorry about that
    Quote Originally Posted by sassynstubborn2
    Hmmm wondering why I get a "reputation remark" from this fallen to get out no one wants me here..........kinda funny I've helped so many this morning.......maybe you should drop the attitude and direct it at the ones who pissed you off. I helped not hurt anyone!!!
    Hey give me back my Gasple!!

It states right here in

Quote Originally Posted by barefootbabe
    www.renerosity.com ? I don't think that's a good link. That www.deviantart.com link worked though.

ooops my bad typo

its: www.renderosity.com

sorry

Quote Originally Posted by barefootbabe
    www.renerosity.com ? I don't think that's a good link. That www.deviantart.com link worked though.
    Morning sweetie
    I know devianart does give permission cause I have many tubes and a permission through my group
    Big hugs
    Shirley

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontears
    I have a question I have tons of blank tags that have been given to me am I not allowed to share them also? I am afraid to share anything I haven't made myself and with my busy life sharing blanks is easier but want to check

I enjoy sharing and helping in any way that I can just at a loss since I seem to not know everything that was givin to me but the blanks I have were through people I know and they are true blanks
    hugs

Shirley

absolutely I made a thread with legal blanks and graphics feel free to add to it........

hugs
    Shirley
    Sadly Shirley you should probably not share the blanks...there is no telling how they originally came to be.

Again....if you see a watermark it's a completed project and not meant to be altered in any way.

I know that Sassy is sharing blanks with her watermarks....that's something that I would not do and most of us don't do. So I guess if you see her's and she is offering them straight to you then it would be cool.

If it's not given to you to use by the person's who name is on the watermark....toss it! You'll be safer that way sweetie.

Judy

Morning sweetie
    I know devianart does give permission cause I have many tubes and a permission through my group
    Big hugs
    Shirley
    Good Morning Shirley!! Thank you so much!! Yep there website is full of all kinds of art!!

Quote Originally Posted by PixelJudy
    Sadly Shirley you should probably not share the blanks...there is no telling how they originally came to be.

Again....if you see a watermark it's a completed project and not meant to be altered in any way.

I know that Sassy is sharing blanks with her watermarks....that's something that I would not do and most of us don't do. So I guess if you see her's and she is offering them straight to you then it would be cool.

If it's not given to you to use by the person's who name is on the watermark....toss it! You'll be safer that way sweetie.

Judy
    Thank you just thought I should clear it up cause I have many groups that offer blanks that they personally make but I will just make my own then and use pictures and tubes from people
    thank you again
    hugs
    Shirley

Quote Originally Posted by PixelJudy

Judy
    There are many web sites that offer blanks........yes they are watermarked but that don't mean you cannot put your name on them and use them as intended for a tag. CyberAngel makes blanks all the time for this purpose. Pimptress also makes blanks for this purpose. I am providing them blanks that I have made or snagged from artists that make them for this purpose. None of these are my stat headers made into a blank tag..........so snag away and chances are you're safe if it's a blank shared by creators who make blanks

Quote Originally Posted by sassynstubborn2
    absolutely I made a thread with legal blanks and graphics feel free to add to it........
    Great thank you now if anything some how is wrong will someone please let me know? I think I will go with what others have said and stick to my own work also
    I don't want others hurt or upset from this
    hugs
    Shirley

Quote Originally Posted by fallen
    Ok. It is very simple. There is a talk to the team forum. You are supposed to be able to ask the Roo people about things. They don't answer any of those things. People even wonder if they ever read any of this crap on here. Someone goes in using !'s and CAPS and the Roo people jump! Maybe we all should start doing that. Maybe there will be some answers around here.
    Well the roo does read it.. I have gotten a reply in that section before and so has some other people.. they will answer if they feel they need to.. they usually just go about fixing the problem and when they can fix us they let us know.. there are just way too many people for them to go and answer them all... and also a lot of the time the members around the roo answer for them so then they find they don't need to answer..

~Everything Happens For A Reason~

thank you soo much for your help sassy and letting us use some of your work and thank you judy for trying to NICELY help us understand whats going on i saw one other creator who was not so nice and friendly so i appreciate that you two ARE sticking around and trying to help us out
    deleted..blocked by putfile

I just want to add upon reading this thread in it's entirety..

I am one of the creators who does not allow or like her work from sattionaries being ripped.. but.. I defy anyone to say that I am not reasonable and fair if someone wants something I make. I would much rather make them one myself then to have it ripped and not look like my own personal vision.

I did try a couple of times to different people to handle things outside of the thread.. but was ignored.. so I had to resort to speaking on the thread.

I am not a mean person.. and do try my best to warn people offlist that they are playing with a hot pot so to speak.. but I draw the line when I have every good intention and get yelled at etc.

You will find that many of us are very reasonable. And you will find that those who do tag along with making stats (there are some that only make stats so you're out of luck there) can be asked for tags etc.

In the future now I hope that by us telling you which ones are not able to be used as just graphics to add your name on it will make your time online fun and happy again without having to worry about things.

Yes there will always be new people that don't understand.. but that's where everyone helps let them know it is not ok.

Yahoo and gmail.. if you use those email programs.. besides the obvious OE.. if you receive a stat for incredimail in there it will omit the background tile.. so you see the big picture.. but also have the writing at the bottom. The thing is.. it may end up in your box.. but.. if you are apart of an incredimail group then you do know that that was a stat regardless of the prgram you use to bring the mail in.

It is going to ball ache learning everything.. no one is denying it won't be.. but we also have to adhere to certain things as well.. it's not just you.

We have to follow certain artists wishes.. and pay to use their images.. those that belong to the gild. They each require us to use a licesnse number if you want the privelge of tagging thier work. So conversely another good example is if one of us has paid for that.. and placed a well hidden code on it.. then we are selves could be in trouble if someone rips and makes something out of it.. I hope I have explained that right.

Many times the watermarks are cleverly placed so as not to detract from what is made.

I myself can now eyeball who has made what. You will learn very quickly different styles and ideas people have. You think you won't but you will.. it does get pretty distinctive.

So while you think you are the only ones going thru this.. please know we all have gone thru it recently with the gild artists. That was a nightmare at first and one we have to always follow and watch.

I just wnated to give you all an idea why we are so protective of things. And yes.. there may be harsh words.. but.. conversely.. when you all were threatened with your group the harsh words came from you as well. You are protecting what is important to you.. as you should.. just as we have protected what is important to us.

If it didn't matter know one would care.

Lynn

Well I tell ya I'm confused with all of this,
    I have tons of pics. and art work and don't know what to use anymore...I just hope that the doll in my sig doesn't belong to someone with the copyright thingy if so let me know and i'll remove it.

in Cambridge, Mass. for now, but my heart is in Peterborough, Ontario!

damn... this is all insane!!!... like i said in another thread, if this is how people are going to behave and treat other people, who didn't know in the beginning that a picture or tag was copyrited (or however you spell it) i'd just as soon as not even have a sig... i mean most of the pics in my sig i did a search on and found them and added my own stuff to it, but that's probably wrong to do too... i'd just as soon as use in my sig what my own Roo Family makes because i really don't want to deal with the drama, it's too petty... if people don't want their work snagged, then they should have right click disabled... i dunno, i just don't understand how people can be so rude about it, when in the first place we *well myself* didn't know that they were copyrited pics, you can say that pretty much about anything then...

If you are referring to everything I just wrote then there is something wrong as I felt that was very reasonable and in no way mean or rude.

I even pointed out we the creators also have to be careful.. and told you what we are up against.

I personally felt if I took the time to explain where we were coming from it might help matters.

And I do take offense to being basically told I am rude when I did take my time to do what I could.

I also have been pm'ing to help people so they know which ones to remove.

If you think that is rude then I feel bad for you.. since I was far from rude. Far from it.

There are a lot who would not have been as forth coming as I was and have been.

Lynn

I have some questions.

1) What is a watermark? Is it the artists name/initials that is usually written on the bottom of a painting?

2) what is a STAT?

3) If a piece of artwork has an artists name or initials on it, but is NOT copywritten, is it ILLEGAL to use it? (for non-profit)

4) Since we here at the Roo are NOT usinging any of the artwork for profit or some sorta personal gain, whats the problem? It sorta sounds like a band getting mad that a radio station is playing a song of theirs thinking that noone will buy the album if they can hear the song for FREE on the radio???

The bottom line is, anyone can use a simple "screen capture" to cut off the words (copyright or names) & there's NO way a person can tell if that has happened!

**Also, if ANYONE that has a piece of copywritten material that I have posted & can prove so, PM me and I'll be happy to remove it!

Peace~

what I want to know is : did they prove any of theese were their art?
    Or can anybody claim it's their work and get threads deleted?

ty grouch

answering for myself.. I think I am Lynn.. a creator of stats and tags alike who enjoys what I do.. and tries to help as I can.

And being blunt.. I am far from rude.

Lynn