Page 1 of 125 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: THE COLORS IN MY WORLD (each day i will add a new one)

Default THE COLORS IN MY WORLD (each day i will add a new one)

there is a full moon high in the star filled sky...the thin clouds drift slowly across the moons face...the moon's glow penetrates the soft thin clouds...highlighting the edges as if a flashlight behind lace...laying on my bed roll i look high into the night sky and see a shooting star zip across the darkness in an arc as if it is following the most outer layer of the earths's surface...i close my eyes and feel the feathery touch of an angel's wing wraping around me..enclosing me in it's warmth.. as protection from the evil that is in this world...i feel the cooling effect as a butterfly hovers just above my face...the wind through the pines brings a familiar scent gently to my nose...i hear the whipperwill coo for his mate off in the distance...i begin to feel safe...protected by all that is not good and right..the sound of the rustling leaves from a nearby dogwood as the soft wind glides past... it seems to be calling me to rest...i drift into the other realm where my mind will rest at least for the moment.
    Last edited by roadkill; 09-14-2006 at 06:54 AM.

bump up bump

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill
    there is a full moon high in the star filled sky...the thin clouds drift slowly across the moons face...the moon's glow penetrates the soft thin clouds...highlighting the edges as if a flashlight behind lace...laying on my bed roll i look high into the night sky and see a shooting star zip across the darkness in an arc as if it is following the most outer layer of the earths's surface...i close my eyes and feel the feathery touch of an angel's wing wraping around me..enclosing me in it's warmth.. as protection from the evil that is in this world...i feel the cooling effect as a butterfly hovers just above my face...the wind through the pines brings a familiar scent gently to my nose...i hear the whipperwill coo for his mate off in the distance...i begin to feel safe...protected by all that is not good and right..the sound of the rustling leaves from a nearby dogwood as the soft wind glides past... it seems to be calling me to rest...i drift into the other realm where my mind will rest at least for the moment.

Shh..k...Sweet dreams .....that was so beautiful...thank you for sharing...hugs

Don't judge me, you haven't walked in my shoes, or ridden on my broom.

Quote Originally Posted by sexysadie
    Shh..k...Sweet dreams .....that was so beautiful...thank you for sharing...hugs
    lol...thank you for your comments schweety...you are very welcome...in this world where we all feel so much stress in our daily lives...i hope to bring a little serenity and peace to others...the colors in my world are truly beautiful at times...i hope i have painted the picture with words so that others can see what i truly see...huggs and peace to you schweetheart

Awww that is so beautiful ... I can almost see the moon ... one of my favourite times of day as well, thank you for sharing *smooches*

Quote Originally Posted by Angy
    Awww that is so beautiful ... I can almost see the moon ... one of my favourite times of day as well, thank you for sharing *smooches*
    thank you Angy for taking the time to read this...i am happy that you enjoyed it...it's the way i find release and serenity...a small sense of peace... i am more than happy to share...we can all use a little relief from our daily stressful activities and struggles...i am glad to hear that you enjoy his time of day as well.
    smooches to you sweet lady

as i feel the end of another day coming to a close .i shut my eyes just for a brief moment..the pictures begin to race through my mind as if in fast forward...i try to slow it down..taking some deep breaths and exhaling slowly i begin to see the scene appear..with my eyes still closed i see myself sitting on the shoreline of a wide and long lake...the sun is slowly sinking into the water's far edge...the sky explodes in spectacular colors...of oranges and pinks and red and violet...the sky mirrors itself in the calm glass-like lake...an eagle soars high in the sky off in the distance...the swallows glide just above the lake's surface...they move in unison to one another...darting and turning as one huge bird..to my left i hear the call of the bullfrogs in the lillypad filled bay...the crickets begin their song as the sun sinks deeper into the horizon..listening ever so closely to god's orchestra i begin to relax and slow my mind down from the 90mph it has been travelling all day to the now walking pace of 2mph..my eyes wishing to remain shut i drift off to where the angels watch over me and prepare my dreams for the lessons that have to be taught..the sun sinks totally out of view and i escape to where my mind slows and rests ...at least for the moment

as i feel the end of another day coming to a close .i shut my eyes just for a brief moment..the pictures begin to race through my mind as if in fast forward...i try to slow it down..taking some deep breaths and exhaling slowly i begin to see the scene appear..with my eyes still closed i see myself sitting on the shoreline of a wide and long lake...the sun is slowly sinking into the water's far edge...the sky explodes in spectacular colors...of oranges and pinks and red and violet...the sky mirrors itself in the calm glass-like lake...an eagle soars high in the sky off in the distance...the swallows glide just above the lake's surface...they move in unison to one another...darting and turning as one huge bird..to my left i hear the call of the bullfrogs in the lillypad filled bay...the crickets begin their song as the sun sinks deeper into the horizon..listening ever so closely to god's orchestra i begin to relax and slow my mind down from the 90mph it has been travelling all day to the now walking pace of 2mph..my eyes wishing to remain shut i drift off to where the angels watch over me and prepare my dreams for the lessons that have to be taught..the sun sinks totally out of view and i escape to where my mind slows and rests ...at least for the moment
    Can I join you to watch the sunset hunny ... that time when the world seems to be betwixt and between is magical especially when you can share ... may angels watch over you when you dream

I knew the colors were beautiful in your world, with breath taking brush strokes, you bring them to life, painting a canvas for all the world to see, and watch they do, with their collective breaths held, wondering what masterpiece will appear next ...

There's one thing for which you should be abundantly thankful
    Only you and God have all the facts about yourself ♥

Quote Originally Posted by squirt
    I knew the colors were beautiful in your world, with breath taking brush strokes, you bring them to life, painting a canvas for all the world to see, and watch they do, with their collective breaths held, wondering what masterpiece will appear next ...
    awww thank you squirt for your kind words and encouragement...the colors i share are the beautiful ones...the dark ones i keep to myself...their is enough darkness in this world...i will not share those here...the purpose of this thread is brighten up the world...so tonight there will not be one to share...but they will continue..this i promise.
    smooches

as i try to slow my mind down...the only pictures that are playing are dark and gloomy...there is enough darkness in this world...so tonight there will be no picture to paint...the only thing that is light is a poem i wrote for my daughter as i was battling the cancer a few years ago...we were having some disagreements as she was going through her teen years...we had a hard time seeing eye to eye on some topics and choices...years later when i was diagnosed i wrote her this poem..i hope you enjoy it

BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER
    writtenby Ken J. C.
    SOMETIMES AS A DAD
    THINGS CAN BE A MESS
    I DON'T ALWAYS GET IT RIGHT
    AND THATíS MY FAULT I GUESS
    SOMETIMES MY EDGES ARE ROUGH
    MY WORDS NOT SO SMART
    BUT IF YOU LOOK DEEP INSIDE
    YOU'LL FIND A SENSITIVE HEART
    YES DEEP WITHIN THAT HEART
    THIS I KNOW TO BE TRUE
    YOU'RE MY BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER
    AND I LOVE YOU.

as i try to slow my mind down...the only pictures that are playing are dark and gloomy...there is enough darkness in this world...so tonight there will be no picture to paint...the only thing that is light is a poem i wrote for my daughter as i was battling the cancer a few years ago...we were having some disagreements as she was going through her teen years...we had a hard time seeing eye to eye on some topics and choices...years later when i was diagnosed i wrote her this poem..i hope you enjoy it

BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER
    writtenby Ken J. C.
    SOMETIMES AS A DAD
    THINGS CAN BE A MESS
    I DON'T ALWAYS GET IT RIGHT
    AND THATíS MY FAULT I GUESS
    SOMETIMES MY EDGES ARE ROUGH
    MY WORDS NOT SO SMART
    BUT IF YOU LOOK DEEP INSIDE
    YOU'LL FIND A SENSITIVE HEART
    YES DEEP WITHIN THAT HEART
    THIS I KNOW TO BE TRUE
    YOU'RE MY BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER
    AND I LOVE YOU.

That is so beautiful. I'm so happy that you've decided to share that with everybody Ken..you're a terrific dad..

That is beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by buttercups
    That is beautiful!
    thank you buttercups for your reply
    hugs

That is so beautiful. I'm so happy that you've decided to share that with everybody Ken..you're a terrific dad..
    thank you sadie...i had asked her a week or so ago if she would mind....she gave me the ok to post it as it was a very special thing just between us...she says the time is right to share some of my poems and writtings..maybe i will start a book...lmao...i don't know...thank you Sadie for you kind words...i like to think i did the best that i could raising my kids.
    hugs

thank you sadie...i had asked her a week or so ago if she would mind....she gave me the ok to post it as it was a very special thing just between us...she says the time is right to share some of my poems and writtings..maybe i will start a book...lmao...i don't know...thank you Sadie for you kind words...i like to think i did the best that i could raising my kids.
    hugs

If you write a book, I'll buy it!!!..You're more than welcome sweety..hugs..

If you write a book, I'll buy it!!!..You're more than welcome sweety..hugs..
    i would never sell one to you...you would have a free copy sweety...after all i will need someone to proof read it...lmao
    hugs missingyou

i would never sell one to you...you would have a free copy sweety...after all i will need someone to proof read it...lmao
    hugs missingyou

I would be honored Ken..thank you...I miss you too.

as my mind begins to slow there is a picture coming into focus...i see a field of corn rows...an old rustic barn that the wind rushes through...the weather beaten sides are a bluish gray from the rains that have been absorbed into the grain over the years...i see a small two story wooden farm house...with smoke emitting from the chimney...the smell of homemade bread baking in an old wood cook stove fills the air...my mind goes back in time to when i was no bigger than toddler...in my blue denim overalls i sit at a table that i can barely see over...there are fresh apples being peeled by my mother...as she prepares a fresh apple pie for baking...she hands me a slice and smiles at me...i take the sliced apple and look up into her brown eyes that sparkle like two gems from a pirates treasure...she begins to roll out the pastry dough...sprinkling flour on to the large wooden table...i see through the window my grandfather picking the ears of ripe corn by hand...his dog tedy following by his side...the sun is begining to lower and the smell of baking bread and wood smoke over take my thoughts...i turn to my mother and she lifts me back up into my chair at the table and kisses my cheek...i watch intensely as she goes about preparing the evening meal of beef stew, fresh bread and a deep dish apple pie for dessert. my eyes close and my mind slows to a crawl where it comes to rest...at least for the moment

as my mind begins to slow there is a picture coming into focus...i see a field of corn rows...an old rustic barn that the wind rushes through...the weather beaten sides are a bluish gray from the rains that have been absorbed into the grain over the years...i see a small two story wooden farm house...with smoke emitting from the chimney...the smell of homemade bread baking in an old wood cook stove fills the air...my mind goes back in time to when i was no bigger than toddler...in my blue denim overalls i sit at a table that i can barely see over...there are fresh apples being peeled by my mother...as she prepares a fresh apple pie for baking...she hands me a slice and smiles at me...i take the sliced apple and look up into her brown eyes that sparkle like two gems from a pirates treasure...she begins to roll out the pastry dough...sprinkling flour on to the large wooden table...i see through the window my grandfather picking the ears of ripe corn by hand...his dog tedy following by his side...the sun is begining to lower and the smell of baking bread and wood smoke over take my thoughts...i turn to my mother and she lifts me back up into my chair at the table and kisses my cheek...i watch intensely as she goes about preparing the evening meal of beef stew, fresh bread and a deep dish apple pie for dessert. my eyes close and my mind slows to a crawl where it comes to rest...at least for the moment
    That was beautiful Ken, the pictures that you draw seem so vivid ... I can picture it in my mind's eye ... thank you when you write that book you can include me in the list of people who want a copy