a new direction for Debate?

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
this is why you cant discuss differences of opinions in politics and nothing gets fixed
if they dont agree with you they scream racists and bigots and facists..the only facists are themeslves
trying to shut down anyone who doesnt agree with them..that is not a discussion...its Nazism
calling the kettle black is not helping you
and if you are interested at all in the truth..it is... the deeper this investigation goes ...the more evidence is revealed of hillary colluding with the russians and the crimes of the last admininistration..that is the truth

AuroraAngel

Surely I wasn't the only one that grasped the idea that changing the name was an opportunity for growth and not just a name change of the old battles over politics, religion, etc?
I still really like the idea. Any topic can be discussed and they don't all have to be topics that create a hostile atmosphere. How about discussions over fun topics or even topics that are humorous? This is JOKEroo...lol
And the belief that there are favorites on this site is ludicrous. You get what you put into it and if you are holding on to some idea that you have to be "popular" to count, please re-evaluate your thoughts. I am a prime example of someone that most are put off by and yet the good people of this forum have accepted me, as is, many times over and called me friend.

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="AuroraAngel, post: 5071952]Surely I wasn't the only one that grasped the idea that changing the name was an opportunity for growth and not just a name change of the old battles over politics, religion, etc?
I still really like the idea. Any topic can be discussed and they don't all have to be topics that create a hostile atmosphere. How about discussions over fun topics or even topics that are humorous? This is JOKEroo...lol
And the belief that there are favorites on this site is ludicrous. You get what you put into it and if you are holding on to some idea that you have to be "popular" to count, please re-evaluate your thoughts. I am a prime example of someone that most are put off by and yet the good people of this forum have accepted me, as is, many times over and called me friend.
[/QUOTE]
:clap: well put sister

AuroraAngel

[QUOTE="stevent222, post: 5072065]So Honey what do you think about Elvis? [/QUOTE]

Lol, I can imagine the impact Elvis made back in the 1950s. I am sure many believed he was in league with the devil but when it comes to his music, he was the best! He was a great entertainer and musician. I'm sure you have heard of artists such as Marilyn Manson or perhaps even Maria Brink from In This Moment. Many people label them negatively too but their music is fantastic! I am pretty open-minded when it comes to the entertainment industry. I don't judge the musician, I enjoy the music.
:rocknroll:

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
I don't know about that AuroraAngel cause people still see him every once in a while and you know that has to be some kind of Voodoo, Witch Craft and/or Devil Worshipping which in turn would make it more understanding that he was. Although I am not saying (my disclamer) that he was myself.

AuroraAngel

[QUOTE="stevent222, post: 5072118]I don't know about that AuroraAngel cause people still see him every once in a while and you know that has to be some kind of Voodoo, Witch Craft and/or Devil Worshipping which in turn would make it more understanding that he was. Although I am not saying (my disclamer) that he was myself. [/QUOTE]

You are certainly the life of the party, Steven. Lol :littleheart:

I got one that is "out there" for you, Sweetie. So many people loved Elvis and put so much energy into his existence after he died, perhaps he wasn't so much into some kind of Voodoo, Witchcraft, and/or Devil Worshiping but that energy from others became like a spell and kept his spirit here with us. So would that mean his fans were Witches? Lol Just saying
Never doubt the power of human desires to manifest the impossible, including seeing what they want to see.
:blowhearts:

Vinnie

Discussion, debate, it's pretty much the same.
you have two real choices, either a free fro all with insults flying back and forth or heavy, heavy moderation.
Either one can work but it has to be consistent.
What we have here is dead.

squirt

Administrator
I would say that a dicussion is a lot less formal, considerably more light hearted, and there's no worries about going off topic! lol
I like to believe there's a middle ground!

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
I would say that a dicussion is a lot less formal, considerably more light hearted, and there's no worries about going off topic! lol
I like to believe there's a middle ground![/COLOR]
I would like to dicus that there is no middle ground (only during war which is called a DMZ Demilitarized Zone where there is no fighting Hence a dicssion cannot have one because you cannot dicus something without talking, either your pro or con.

But I still haven't heard anything from you Ms. :squirt: of your feelings about Elvis.

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
I have always liked the idea of a discussion rather than a debate. If you can tell me how you feel about something and why, it MAY help me shape my opinion. At the very least, it helps me to understand YOU and where you are coming from. The problem as I see it, are folks who see everything as BLACK or WHITE...in my world, things are rarely one thing or the other, but countless shades of gray (grey).

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
then I suggest you go back through the thread, I'll wait lol :thee:[/COLOR][/B]
Why start another thread about Elvis? You know Roadkill said the same thing to start another thread. And I said its right here and I am now choosing to only comment and/or disscuse about Elvis.

Oh we could disscues about starting another thread and what the pros and cons are about that.

well, I'm kinda lost about how your debate area "had been working" (or not working for what I read above when there was some drama), but if I can get my nose in here, I will mention: I don't really like "My house is bigger than yours" game so, putting aside the fact I don't know where the fuzz was coming from, I might see "discussion"as topic/name a bit more to the "let's share you thoughts" side rather than "Let me explain why I think you're an idiot when you don't believe in the same as I do" hence it DOES sound a little more appealing or interesting for me to enter such area more than reading "debate" on it. so, despite the lil drama, it was a good call from Squirt (still getting used to your nickname lol) to make that happen.

Last edited:

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
I only came back to this descussion thread cause I was hoping that seeings ✯.ĶɩɭɭյoŶ.✯ is a new member I wanted to know your thoughts about Elvis.

Or maybe change the Elvis commenting cause seems like no one cares I personally would like to now if your left boob has stopped iching and to know more about it.

EDITED: And I want details too.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="stevent222, post: 5086355]I only came back to this descussion thread cause I was hoping that seeings ✯.ĶɩɭɭյoŶ.✯ is a new member I wanted to know your thoughts about Elvis.

Or maybe change the Elvis commenting cause seems like no one cares I personally would like to now if your left boob has stopped iching and to know more about it.

[/QUOTE]

Eeeekkk...well it stopped, yes, as soon as I arranged the tense and fixed the Misspelled words.... details? umm, it all started when I hit the post reply button and I saw I wrote fuzz with one z only

and about Elvis, all I can say is "I'm going to the bathroom to read"

squirt

Administrator
I only came back to this descussion thread cause I was hoping that seeings ✯.ĶɩɭɭյoŶ.✯ is a new member I wanted to know your thoughts about Elvis. [/COLOR]

we've asked you several times to start a new thread to discuss Elvis lol :flowerforyou: