A new home for Bamber

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Bloody hell Phil ~ after all you have gone through ~ and 'now' the dear lady tells you that she's not selling ~ probably will be a blessing in the long run, as it would still be something at the back of your mind that she might change her mind [again]
So pleased that you have found a place that suits.

Bamber

Super Moderator
Oh, I'll ask. The bed frame needs replacing or welding as some of the legs were poorly welded and have fallen off. It's currently propped up on some of my books. I'll get her a replacement (it's in the letting agreement that I am responsible for such repairs and replacements), get it fixed and use it myself. I'll just need to get a mattress for it. There's a small table and a couple of bedside cabinets I wouldn't mind having too, but that's about all.

squirt

Administrator
so you don't get to look out one of those lovely windows?

feelin' like home already, eh? lol 1sm088doubleup.gif

xsandos1.gif

Bamber

Super Moderator
so you don't get to look out one of those lovely windows?

feelin' like home already, eh? lol View attachment 72574

View attachment 72575
I think Vince has the view out of one (or more) of those windows. Met another resident, Colin, and introduced myself.

Won't really feel like home until I give up the old place. I'm still mainly based there while I fit out the new flat.

That Spender-Wise shop has had a good deal of business from me today; it's a general hardware store and I've bought quite a few odds 'n' ends there today.

I met another local: a cat was on the roof outside my bedroom this morning sunning itself.

squirt

Administrator
I think he's been to the library lol
you can't access the Roo on library computers due to adult content
why he picked this thread for that, however, escapes me lol

xsandos1.gif

Bamber

Super Moderator
Just spoke to my current landlady and asked about the bed and coffee table. Her life is a bit "up in the air" at the moment (her physical frailties mean she may have to go into care) and the rest of the family have a say in what is going to happen to the house, so she'll be getting back to me when they've talked it over.

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
Send photos Bamber would love to see what the U.K. has to offer in apartments. I haven't been taking any pictures lately haven't been outside in about 3 months now trying to get my elec. wheelchair replaced and the Social Security Administration system here really sucks.

Bamber

Super Moderator
Send photos Bamber would love to see what the U.K. has to offer in apartments. I haven't been taking any pictures lately haven't been outside in about 3 months now trying to get my elec. wheelchair replaced and the Social Security Administration system here really sucks.
I can't really do any better than post #7 here as far as photos go. Hope you get that wheelchair soon: keep on harassing them for it.

Bamber

Super Moderator
The old house has a small garden around the corner I'm on. As it has some small trees and tall roses it's somewhat green and shaded. Just the other side of the garden is the main road through Totnes, so the new place is much quieter.