Another friend gone

Bamber

Super Moderator
I have sad news to impart. Our Sylvie (Goodgrief) is no longer with us. I just received this message.

This is Jim, Goodgrief's husband,,,,I know she loved you...amd many others out ther...wish I could privately do this but don't know anything about this ,
she passed away this last weekend after our great trip to Banff....a really agressive infection related to her previous gastro problems took her from us.
...sorry to have to pass this tragic news this way. I will monitor her system...wish I had email addresses...

Lord, help Jim through this. Amen

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
I didn’t know GG that well but I do know she was close to many here and very loved
When I heard the news I couldn’t believe it I am sad and shocked 😢😢
I know she was going through some health issues but I guess you never know
What life will bring. See you again GG at the pearly gates 💔
I will keep the Canadian thread going in your honor I know you liked it
Much Love and Respect Manzy

squirt

Administrator
I've been wondering why she wasn't in the OCD thread giving pointers
I am stunned ... heart broken for Jim, I can't imagine having to face life without my other half
and that's what they were, 2 parts that completed each other in a way that's rare and beautiful
my prayers go to him, God only cries for the living, it's Jim that will have to carry on
Sylvie, I know you've already hugged Deb for me, because that's just the way you are
our loss is heaven's gain ~ RIP dear friend, you live on in us ♥

squirt

Administrator
You can shed tears that she is gone
or you can smile because she has lived
You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back
or you can open your eyes and see all she's left
Your heart can be empty because you can't see her
or you can be full of the love you shared
You can turn your back on tomorrow, and live yesterday
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday
You can remember her only that she is gone
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on
You can cry and close your mind
be empty and turn your back
Or you can do what she'd want:
smile, open your eyes, love, and go on ♥

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast

I am truly shocked and upset at this news ~ we had the most lovely [computer] relationship, me trying to fox her with my animations and finding the 'little fella' and she proudly telling me that she had found him [after enlarging it 500 times] ~ Oh bless her, it will never be quite the same again. My thoughts and prayers go out to Jim ~ he knows what a lovely lady he had ~ I know what a lovely lady she was by her kindness with the written word. R.I.P my dearest GG.

squirt

Administrator
like Geoff, we're going to see her everywhere, I step into a thread, thinking Geoff would like this or I can't wait to see what GG says about that
they are a part of us, and they took a part of us with them
and I can't help but smile at the thought of those 2 sitting up there, having the conversation they always wanted to have!

angelheart1.gif

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status

Sylvie...I will miss you but until I see you again, give Geoff a big hug from me! (I know he will be happy tto see you!)
Awww Geoff :( :(

I am truly shocked and upset at this news ~ we had the most lovely [computer] relationship, me trying to fox her with my animations and finding the 'little fella' and she proudly telling me that she had found him [after enlarging it 500 times] ~ Oh bless her, it will never be quite the same again. My thoughts and prayers go out to Jim ~ he knows what a lovely lady he had ~ I know what a lovely lady she was by her kindness with the written word. R.I.P my dearest GG.
She loved finding the little fella Peter... It was a kick just to watch her find him every single time.. I will miss seeing her in your thread
I'm glad you had an awesome friendship... She had many here and I don't think she posted a single picture every post was from her
and that's pretty darn special ♥

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
like Geoff, we're going to see her everywhere, I step into a thread, thinking Geoff would like this or I can't wait to see what GG says about that
they are a part of us, and they took a part of us with them
and I can't help but smile at the thought of those 2 sitting up there, having the conversation they always wanted to have!

View attachment 18978
the Roo has been a big part of our lives and it keeps those who have passed alive in our hearts ♥

squirt

Administrator
Awww Geoff :( :(

She loved finding the little fella Peter... It was a kick just to watch her find him every single time.. I will miss seeing her in your thread
I'm glad you had an awesome friendship... She had many here and I don't think she posted a single picture every post was from her
and that's pretty darn special ♥
I tried and tried to teach her how to post a picture lol
she was really good about reaching out to touch people who needed a loving touch, and she didn't do it for the world to see
I got many a PM from her with an encouraging word, or love filled advice, or just to let me know she cared and everything was gonna be alright ♥

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
I tried and tried to teach her how to post a picture lol
she was really good about reaching out to touch people who needed a loving touch, and she didn't do it for the world to see
I got many a PM from her with an encouraging word, or love filled advice, or just to let me know she cared and everything was gonna be alright ♥
When I first started fancying Geoff, I was a bit jealous of her, but it didn't take long for her to realize and reassure me that she was madly in love with her husband and just used Geoff for his mind. Although they were both bilingual, he would help her with English and she would help him with his French. They also both enjoyed talking about sailing and would trade logic puzzles and other mind-games. Before too long, all three of us were conversing back and forth.

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
I heard on Facebook couple days ago. Didn't feel like talking or typing to anyone but did immediately shot out a email to Jim. For when I skyped with Sylvie Jim would always walk by and we'd trade our corks to each other. Yes will miss those long skypes chatts we had everyday.

Only talked with Geoff and Sylvie on yahoo messenger conference call once only time I chatted with Geoff in person. That being said think once was enough cause all three of us were laughing at one other too dam hard to make any real sense. ha!

I am still in shock although will come back to this page periodically.

Dreamer

Jokeroo Enthusiast
sorry to hear about her passing , didn't know her that well, just seeing her post sometimes. We've all been here together so long and it seems like a part of family that has moved on. My prayers are with her husband and the rest that loved her.

rip goodgrief.jpg