Around Totnes

konifur

Jokeroo Enthusiast
:like2:

Bamber

Super Moderator
A new shop opened recently in The Narrows. Nothing is packaged and customers are expected to bring their own containers, although paper bags are available.

squirt

Administrator
that's pretty darn cool! :clap:

I think our FDA would get in the way of that happening here lol :sigh:

Grind your own peanut butter, Machine? :meme::inlove:
I would buy it just for the fun.
And I thought the, slice your own bread, machines in Germany were already super cool.

Bamber

Super Moderator
This is the boat I have mentioned before which has been at the boatyard as long as I can remember...

Old resident by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

...it has been there so long I suspect the owner is a Mr Noah. It looks as though work on it may actually have started.

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[/URL]
Recent arrival by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

...I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something about this vessel in Baltic Wharf Boatyard that I find appealing.
So do I Phil ~ at a guess I would say it's the 'lines' ~ from that angle, you have the cabin lower than the bow ~ it looks clean, crisp and 'fast' as though you could picture her smashing through waves, under full sail, totally in control of the element it's in ~ well that's how it strikes me anyway... LOL

Bamber

Super Moderator
On the way home I was struck by the unusual look of the clouds over Totnes. Unfortunately I couldn't find anywhere to get a nice shot; there was always something in the way obscuring the whole thing. I thought no-one else had noticed but someone had and not only took this shot but also named the phenomenon: they are asperitas clouds.

From the river looking over the town that "roll" left of centre (what really caught my eye) was extending down over St Mary's church.

Bamber

Super Moderator
I recommend going to YouTube and viewing full screen. You should have the sound on too, more than half the clip is sound.

[video=youtube;YpEblzjebuQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpEblzjebuQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]