Around Totnes

Bamber

Super Moderator
Up until yesterday it looked as though it was going to miss us, but the forecast is now for snow at the weekend in Totnes from Saturday afternoon to Sunday lunch time. Nowhere near as much as the rest of the country will be getting but enough, thank you very much.

I'll try and get some good pictures if I can.

Bamber

Super Moderator
Taken about 12:45 today. A couple of hours earlier there was snow on the gardens and hedges but not on the pavements or road, and it was not snowing anywhere near as much.

A couple of hours later it was still snowing but the roads and paths had cleared somewhat. I don't think they'll stay clear though, it's due to keep snowing like this until around 3 am, then tail off and stop around 5.

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
We had that last night Phil ~ and we are due to go to our local MP's birthday party ~ but the roads and most pathways have cleared now, so will be going out shortly ~ all wrapped up [it bloody cold] and head down to it ~ still it's something to do on a Sunday afternoon...LOL

Bamber

Super Moderator
What a frustrating long weekend, photography-wise. I intended to go out with my new camera but the weather was mostly wet and blustery. Whenever it cleared up I was in the middle of doing something else which I couldn't just leave to go out.

Still, it gives me some more time to work out all the functions, settings and methods for using the camera.

Of course, it's now a beautiful afternoon and I've got the old camera with me (more portable) at work.

squirt

Administrator
I've got to get in the habit of getting the camera out and ready before I feed the birds
by the time I get in the house to get it, whatever I was wanting to shoot is gone or over lol

xsandos1.gif

squirt

Administrator
are you carrying both cameras with you, or is that too much?
just thinking it might be good to have a plan B

xsandos1.gif

Bamber

Super Moderator
I'm not carrying both cameras. I just got so frustrated not having decent weekend weather to use the new one that I decided to carry it today as the weather was so nice. I'll continue to carry the old one to work normally, at least until I get used to the new one, and take both with me on weekend walks when the weather finally decides to cooperate.

Bamber

Super Moderator
I didn't get to see this myself, but another photographer I know was luckily there.

There is an old fashioned working red telephone kiosk at the top of Totnes High Street. Today it was the temporary home of a bee swarm.

The fellow in yellow, a beekeeper, put the basket there for the swarm; apparently they will often move into something that size and shape and seem to have an affinity for wicker baskets.

The beekeeper reckoned there were about 20,000 in the swarm.