Around Totnes

Bamber

Super Moderator
The Coronation Road meadow flower border is a riot of colour at the moment.

Bright border
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

Bamber

Super Moderator
I'm going to have to keep my eyes open; Dartington Hall Estates have posted on facebook that a young barn owl has been seen hunting Queen's Marsh!

Bamber

Super Moderator
Sunbeams with a difference yesterday evening when I left the office. There were clouds to the west, with a thinner layer above which was being lit from below by the sinking sun. Where the sun was blocked by the upper levels of the lower cloud the higher cloud was receiving less light, giving the appearance of there being "negative" sunbeams (or crepuscular rays as the meteorologists call them).

Negative streaks
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

Last edited:

Bamber

Super Moderator
On the three Tuesdays before Christmas every year an Evening Market is held in Totnes. As most of you know I'm not good with crowds so I avoid it, but a photographer I know on facebook visited last night and took a good few pictures before it got TOO crowded.

I have mentioned Graham Walker before: ex-gentleman of the road, cancer survivor and a prime local charity fundraiser. He puts on his best bib and tucker for the occasion, this year selling Christmas cards made from photos of the snow back in March to raise charity funds.

Here is Graham taking a thoughtful sip of a drink last night.

Graham Walker by Glenn Pook

Understated chap, ain't he?