Around Totnes

Bamber

Super Moderator
Remember the yarnbombs? Here's another twist on it.
In memory of a young lady who took her own life her family asked that people put out pompoms in public places. They are calling them pombombs.

Bamber

Super Moderator
On the way home along Riverside Walk I stepped aside from the path to allow a mother and her two daughters cycling from behind me to pass. A little further on I came across them again, bikes abandoned on the path, crouched over something. The leading little girl had spotted a field mouse on the path. It had skipped to the side and she dismounted and surprisingly it allowed her to stroke it rather than running off. I took this rather poorly focused shot and as I had a container of seed in my pocket gave the girls a small handful of seed each to feed it.

Bamber

Super Moderator
Overnight some low life toe rag broke into the playhouse in Dartington Hall Gardens, breaking some of the original leaded windows and starting a fire inside which destroyed some historic content. It could have been worse: the building is thatched and could easily have burned down, but it is badly damaged.

That's terrible! Fingers crossed they catch the creep!
Overnight some low life toe rag broke into the playhouse in Dartington Hall Gardens, breaking some of the original leaded windows and starting a fire inside which destroyed some historic content. It could have been worse: the building is thatched and could easily have burned down, but it is badly damaged.

squirt

Administrator
there's just no understanding a mind that works like that, what a shame crying.gif

xsandos1.gif

AuroraAngel

That's horrible! I don't understand some people and tbh, I don't want to understand them. I hope they catch the culprit.

Bamber

Super Moderator
On the way home on Thursday I noticed this BSA Bantam D1 next to Riverside Cafe. When I first got into motorcycling these things were cheaply available second hand, but practically everyone wanted a faster, more modern (probably Japanese) motorcycle. They were a staple of post office delivery for a long time, which is why there were so many about. It's a long time since I saw one in regular use like this.

BSA Bantam
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr