Bamber anecdote

konifur

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Hahaha look at the the Stupid trousers hahahaha....Hang on, i wore them too..........Love the trousers.

Bamber

Super Moderator
I've gone berserk and bought another camera, a DSLR Nikon, with a whole bunch of accessories for £670 ($945), to give me more control over my pictures. I've also got a "dummies" book to go with it and am going to be learning how to use it to its best advantage over the next few weeks.

Considering I ordered it Friday and it came from Brooklyn NY (via Jamaica, Louisville KY, Philadelphia PA, London Stanstead and Tamworth in Staffordshire) I'm surprised it got here so quickly.

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I've gone berserk and bought another camera, a DSLR Nikon, with a whole bunch of accessories for £670 ($945), to give me more control over my pictures. I've also got a "dummies" book to go with it and am going to be learning how to use it to its best advantage over the next few weeks.

Considering I ordered it Friday and it came from Brooklyn NY (via Jamaica, Louisville KY, Philadelphia PA, London Stanstead and Tamworth in Staffordshire) I'm surprised it got here so quickly.

Bloody hell ~ I am green with envy ~ that reminds me so much of my 'film cameras' [still have them] now to see the results, there is nothing you can't capture with that beauty ~ have fun my friend

Bamber

Super Moderator
My sister is doing what siblings do and trying to embarrass me on facebook by posting this picture of me in my pram, with her looking on.

Neither of us have a clue what it is I've got on my head.

Bamber

Super Moderator
Not embarrassed in the least. My sister asked "What were our parents thinking, what is that you have on your head?".
I reckon it's a bag, and she's about to pull it (back) down over my face.

Bamber

Super Moderator
Well, it seems I will almost certainly be employed for the rest of the year.

The new software at our customer was due to come on line some time in May but they know they are going to miss that target. The latest date is the third week in October and is apparently "set in stone", but they will want at least 2 months of parallel running.

The boss is trying to find a way to maximize my redundancy pay without the tax man getting too much of it. When the original extension happened last year he raised my salary and is going to do so again, as redundancy pay is apparently based on final salary and this is one way round the tax problem.

Goodgrief

I am really happy to hear your good news! Who would want to have to leave this wonderful haven you call home?
I would give anything to be in your shoes, or Wellies. The city I once loved is now huge and overcrowded, noisy and filled with idiots who can't drive, but have a licence to do so.
So, please enjoy this peaceful retreat of yours. The next time you go to the Albert, think of me and how I would love to share your quiet little nook.

Bamber

Super Moderator
I'm finding this hard to comprehend; the selfishness and apparent unconcern of some people for property which is not theirs.

Morrisons, our local supermarket, is trying to phase out plastic carrier bags. They reduced the stock and started charging, first 5p then 10p (about 15 cents) per bag. The response was hoped to be that people would bring their own shopping bags. Instead, a large number of people have started just taking the handbaskets. The store has had to order replacements and are talking of security tagging them. Since when do people find it OK to just take something like that?

konifur

Jokeroo Enthusiast
People always buy 5p bags off me and then tell me they have loads in the car boot and a cupboard full in the house.I just bite my lip and say nowt. I bought 4 large proper shopping bags for about £10 for the 4 about 5 years ago and they are still good. And i never forget them.Well when i say i ,i mean`t Anne never forgets them as she knows i`m to stingy to buy bags for life.People don`t realize that if your 5p or 10p bags rip or get worn out the shop will swap them for new ones free. Hence "bag for life" * shakes head* People eh!

Bamber

Super Moderator
I have four canvas shopping bags I bought years ago and normally have at least one with me, usually two, which is enough to carry my normal shopping with ease. People say "I always forget". Crap: they don't even TRY to remember. If you've always got one folded in your pocket it's pretty hard to "forget".

It's blatantly just walking off with the baskets that I can't understand.

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Yes, I have quite a few bags for shopping [always have] ~ if it's frozen, then a cool bag ~ and for anything else, I have different size bags depending on how much I need ~ but each day [or whenever] I leave I take my bags [still keep one in the car in case we think of something on the way home from somewhere].
The thing about the baskets being taken ~ our local Tesco Extra [big place] we went a short while back, and my wife took a basket and said "Oh look someone's left something in this one" [I normally go on my own...lol] and I explained that it was a security tag because people were taking the baskets and not buying a 10p bag ~ she, quite innocently said "why don't they bring their own bags, we always do".
It's a sad state of many in society now that expect something for nothing.

Bamber

Super Moderator
I remember when I was a kid people (mostly women at the time) always went shopping with a shopping bag on their arm. Very rare you see an old fashioned shopping bag any longer.

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Yes, my friend, life was so different in those days ~ my mother went out most days to get fresh produce, with a bag very similar to the one you posted ~ there weren't the number of 'working mums' back then ~ our family friend across the road was the local nurse, and she would pop over for a cup of sugar because she hadn't had time to get to a shop before it closed [no 24 hour opening then]. We even went out and did have to lock the door ~ never a thought that someone would actually come in a take something, almost unheard of.