Bamber anecdote

konifur

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Probably not. There's a lot of the old town gone, demolished in the 60s and 70s. You could maybe spend half a day looking round Pilton and the few older buildings in the centre of Barnstaple but that'd be it.
Ok cheers.
But i`m am so shocked to hear that...... that you have friends. Muhahahahaha

Bamber

Super Moderator
There are three music stages at the Pilton Festival, at the bottom, middle and top of Pilton Street. At 2:30 in the afternoon, having travelled back from a gig in Cornwall specially to perform on home territory, the band in which "hubby" Terry's youngest son Chris performs was on the top stage.

Chris is on washboard, watched by a proud dad on his mobility scooter.

Last edited:

Bamber

Super Moderator
Someone posted this on facebook and it took me back well over 40 years to when I used to design and make my own pin & thread art.

Bamber

Super Moderator
My sister is doing what siblings do and trying to embarrass me on facebook by posting this picture of me in my pram, with her looking on.

Neither of us have a clue what it is I've got on my head.
I've just worked it out...

...are you ready for this?...

...it's my child hood.

Bamber

Super Moderator
My favourite nurse at the medical practice I attend has retired. Sister Ali Cull looked after me during all my heart trouble and continued her good work when I became diabetic. A wise and compassionate woman with a real talent for nursing, she will be sorely missed by all her patients, who wish her a long and pleasant retirement. The practice will find her difficult to replace.

Bamber

Super Moderator
On a clear night I would often stop around here for a look at the stars. Many times I was startled by the breath of a horse in the field down the back of my neck. I'm sure some of them did it deliberately.

The old dead pine
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

The dead Scots Pine left of centre has been dead for decades, but was much taller when I lived there; easily the tallest tree in the area, it was visible from a long way off.

Last edited:

Bamber

Super Moderator
For most of the time I lived there my room was behind the pair of windows to the right of the porch. For the last year I was in a smaller room, the window of which you can just see peeping over the bush on the far right.

Bradiford House
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

Tim, the owner, was preparing for a belated birthday celebration. He's the chap in the red top.

Bamber

Super Moderator
looks like they're working on some restoration?

View attachment 25295
The house has been under constant but slow restoration in all the time I've known it. It has been the subject of family dispute for decades, so the occupiers have been loath to spend more than necessary until things are settled. Tim's mother had only had full control for a few years when she died. Tim now has to buy the rest of the family out before he can take full control. The intention is to use most of it for weddings and such like, but he must first own the place outright. Fortunately he was also left some land on which several houses are being built to finance the buy-out. He is also restricted on what he can do to the building as it is listed, which means it is classed as having architectural or historical significance so cannot be altered out of character.