Bamber, you're sick!

konifur

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Been to see the nurse today for Asthma and a BP check and all is good and i have lost 3 pound since i last saw her a month ago. Not that you would notice though.

konifur

Jokeroo Enthusiast
That`s officially 5 pound lost all together....But i `m still a fat bastard.But my breathing is still not good when going up hills or stairs but the nurse does not think it`s my Asthma and my BP is spot on......So i`m back to see the doc again in a month. I can see me going for another angiogram .

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I know it's hard Steve ~ been there some years back ~ and it's bloody hard to stick to what you know you should have, but are tempted to enjoy something you shouldn't have ~ especially on holiday. Just keep in mind that it's your health [that sounds bloody silly because you are well aware of that] but it's so easy to think "OK I'll enjoy this food, or an extra beer because I'm on holiday, and will get back to what I should be doing when I get home" ~ doesn't work like that my friend

Bamber

Super Moderator
In the past couple of months I've been getting an occasional sharp pain in my thumbs, first the left only then both, when I put them under strain (turning taps or wringing things out, for instance). I also have lost some feeling in them. Saw the doctor today and he reassured me that it probably wasn't diabetic nerve damage but the early stages of arthritis. It hasn't developed into carpal tunnel and he suggested trying glucosamine (but to be careful about the dosage as it could affect my blood sugar - oh joy) or cod liver oil.

I'm also disappointed with my weight; I'm back up to the same weight I was at this time last year, 90 kilos (199lb: 14 stone 3). I'm going to have to take more exercise (I've not been walking as much as I was, for a variety of reasons) and watch what I eat.

Last edited:

Sexylady007

Jokeroo VIP Status
Age And time is not are friend, doing what we must to stay healthy feels more like a task then fun they call it over the hill because it's all down hill from here lol. your always in my prayers my dear friend...:emoji_pray:

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
Bamber look up AIN I have it it’s a rare nerve damage syndrome I cannot bend my thumb or the tip of my index finger
I’ve had all the tests and there’s not a thing they can do but let it heal on it’s own and it’s been 7 months now
for me.. it’s amazing how much you use your thumb.. mine happened after I had the awful crud then got the flu shot 2 weeks later in other words it’s a mystery to doctors how it happened.. I feel you that’s for sure

Bamber

Super Moderator
Yes, you don't realise how much you use your thumbs until something like this comes along. Apart from the numbness it's not a problem I notice most of the time but when I use a thumb in the "wrong" way, boy, does it let me know!

squirt

Administrator
I hate those mornings when I wake up, and go, "well ... that's new ..." lol peekaboo.gif
here's hoping it's *just* arthritis! ♥

xsandos1.gif